Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    They just need to massively up the conquest you get.
    Right now it takes 374 2v2 WINS to cap your conquest if your a new character. They could double it and it would still be laughable.
    25 conquest a win is honestly ridiculous, especially when you start off as winning games is difficult when your undergeared.
    Especially seeing as you need to farm dust for legendary, farm renown and farm conduits on top of it.

This has probalby been one of the worst expansions to ever try and catch up on a new character, which is a big problem as this has been pobably the most gear dependant pvp has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    What about my comments is hyperbole, according to you the truth is hyperbole then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_aObPwgHM from classic WoW alone proves you wrong, vanilla WoW PvP was even more broken.

The only one lying and talking BS is yourself, because noone here believes WoW vanilla PvP was even remotely balanced with all the classes that could 1-2 shot most other classes, many classes had a combo to do 7-13k dmg in a few seconds, the average WoW player had 5-6k hp.
    Your posts weren't funny then, still not. Why would you want to deliberately humiliate yourself like that is beyond me.

The problem with pvp at the moment is you get these huge power boosts at 1400, 1600, 1800 and 2100. Thats a 6-7 ilvl jump at every interval. A new character is going to have a much harder time than one that pushed earlier in the season. Early in the season you were only upgrading 1-2 pieces at each interval because you didn't have the conquest for a full set to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Ah, I see, with 'few hours' you mean probably around 24-48 depending on Renown luck from random nonsense activities - which are all just so incredibly easy to do when you're starting out in 165 ilvl. Giga quick and definitely just not as long, tedious, boring and dreadful as spamming 50 BGs.
    It's closer to 5 hours. If it's taking you 24 hours then you are just doing it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Why do ppl keep suggesting renown gear that has almost zero versa on it

Its not really pvp viable for anything above 1600 rating when u start meeting 226 boosters every second game
    Because it's better than 168 gear with no vers on it. The gear is viable for 1600. If you're actually any good you should win 50% of matches. If you're not then you're done with progression. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

If it took you an entire cap to get 1.6mmr its your l2p issue

I am 1800 on my alt with 195 ilvl but its extremely hard to get gear because I go against 226 ppl and losing gives no conquest
    Bit if you're so good then you should win half your matches. You said you only meet 226 every second march. If you're not winning then your progression is done. See you next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    2 completly different groups raging

1 group wants real pvp with pvp templates - those are skilled pvp players

2 group - want to collect gear to 1 shot and pwn noobs - those people have 0 pvp skills only depend on meta class and gear to win .

SL is expansion catered towards 2nd group . thats why pvp is dead.
    And that's why PvP engagement is at its highest level for years. PvP is not dead, it's alive and kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    An fair and even playing field is not a big ask. I don't even want it for me because I will always get a decenet amount of gear before stepping into PvP (usually don't start on a healer until I'm 180, or 185 for a DPS). I just don't want my team to get globaled in every fight making the entire match pointless.
    If your entire team is getting globalled in every fight then PvP progression is over for you. You could try WQs. They drop better gear than 185.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Gearing in pvp is stupid atm. I have 213ilvl and in order to upgrade my gear i need 1800 rating. The problem is no one invites me with 213 gear above 1700 so i am always stuck at 1600/1700 rating. And i don't want to do pve to get gear ...
    Start your own groups. Then you get to decide who is invited.

- - - Updated - - -

yes but to get that conquest to upgrade the items i need to win games vs 220 players, do you not understand the issue here?
    to get 220 gear i need to win 220 players with 195 ilvl?
    How about you get better gear that isn't 220. Then you won't be 195 anymore. You can even do it in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's closer to 5 hours. If it's taking you 24 hours then you are just doing it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's better than 168 gear with no vers on it. The gear is viable for 1600. If you're actually any good you should win 50% of matches. If you're not then you're done with progression. It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Bit if you're so good then you should win half your matches. You said you only meet 226 every second march. If you're not winning then your progression is done. See you next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's why PvP engagement is at its highest level for years. PvP is not dead, it's alive and kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

If your entire team is getting globalled in every fight then PvP progression is over for you. You could try WQs. They drop better gear than 185.

- - - Updated - - -

Start your own groups. Then you get to decide who is invited.

- - - Updated - - -

How about you get better gear that isn't 220. Then you won't be 195 anymore. You can even do it in PvP.
    So much coping, how much is blizz paying you to defend their shitty game?

How can anyone just have ilvl195 when you are at 1800 rating?

This meta is more about bringing the correct classes, i saw a ret hitting 10k TV and another 10k FR with trash gear, ilvl 185. My affliction lock ilvl 220, 32% versatility cannot do this burst in the same 1 second as the ret and certainly does not have proper defensives like him, and thats kinda comedy gold.

Anyways, when mages start to be much more tankier than locks something isn't right in the first place.

Gearing a Ret alt should be nobodys business, really.

Heck, i do it right now, so i could too see, how brilliant the class balance and class pvp design of this game is.

Now that i think about it, wow used to have only 2 class designers there is no hint that they got a pvp class designer, which explains the big difference in performance of locks in pve and pvp.

You can just play a meta class/spec and ignore this, but it angers me that such a big company does not have proper resources to deal with pvp class design at all.

Gearing progression is rather secondary to that, but of course we got better systems in TBC, MoP and WoD for that.

I'd be fine with the conquest cap, the problem is getting any sort of rating to upgrade the gear because people with good gear from PvE, being boosted or from the beginning of the season are stuck at all levels from 1k to 2k.

Every time you play there's at least one gladiator boosting team with 40k hp around 1500 to 2k. Every time you climb with appropriate gear after 1400 (so 207) you meet 1 team in 50 games with the same gear as you between 1400 and 1600. Every game you're outgeared on a disadvantage and you gotta play almost perfectly, especially in 2s, to win some of these games.

It's incredibly frustrating for average players that just enjoy arenas to play at this time during the season. I hope they just add an ilvl cap on each bracket for next season and leave it as is, wouldn't want anything else, just fair games while climbing.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.