What old zones would you like to revisit in a future expansion?

Like Darkshore, Arathi, Silithus, Uldum, Vale of Eternal Blossoms, they added new, current content to existing zones to further the plot. And also destroyed Teldrassil and Undercity, but that doesn't really count.

What other zones would you like to see revisited?

Personally I really want to see an update to the Plaguelands. One restored and blessed by Alliance druids and paladins, one blighted to all hell by the Forsaken.

Another zone modernized by goblins (or gnomes this time) like Azshara would be cool...

How about Gilneas still occupied by a sylvanas lead forsaken army working for garrosh hellscream?

Ashenvale. Canonically, it should be under full Kaldorei control. I'd like it to become an Alliance only zone. With Teldrassil destroyed and Darkshore being a perpetual war zone, we have no zone that is under complete Night Elf control.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Loch Modan I want the loch back.

Agreeing on Ashenvale but also because it needs a major graphical overhaul (maybe include Felwood). The tree models are more than ancient by now and if you look at Valsharah or the new WSG you can see the level of quality and detail the area could have.

The draenei and blood elf zones, they haven't been updated since TBC came out. Its about time that they get added to the main map and allow flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The draenei and blood elf zones, they haven't been updated since TBC came out. Its about time that they get added to the main map and allow flying.
    I'd like that, but just wonder how much work that would be, though. If memory serves, those zones exist in the Outland map (far away, out of sight, of course). Would have to transfer them from there.

You'd also have to reconstruct the zones, especially Silvermoon and probably Zul'Aman. As Silvermoon currently exists, it's all smoke and mirrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

3+ Year Old Account
    The Alterac part of Hillsbrad could use some love. Outside of the outskirts being the stage for the end of the Hillsbrad chain, it got a whole lotta nothing. One if, if not the only zone in the game that actually had a net loss of content from the Shattering.

Honestly? I would rather they kept moving things forward, rather than backward, but I do understand the nostalgia drawing people back to certain zones. If I tried to list zones I wanted them to "revisit" it would just be a list of my favorite zones.

5+ Year Old Account
    1) All of Kalimdor/EK, especially everything from Arathi Highlands to the north.

2) All of Outland. Wonder e.g. what MU Nagrand or Shadowmoon Valley look like these days.

3) Northrend, since the Scourge must be running rampant over there, and unlike in WotLK there is no hivemind we can target in order to make those ghouls/necromancers/frost wyrms chill (hue hue) down a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them. I do think Shadowlands is setting the stage for that personally.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Zero. None. Unless they revamp the entire Vanilla zones, I don't ever want to go there again. Well... maybe Gilneas.

Eastern/Western Plaguelands fused into one Plaguelands megazone where your lvling quest take you through it and seeing how much it has been healed.

Azuremethyst isle updated to include a draenei city with the Exodar refurbished as the "City Keep/Castle".

Quel'Thalas fully restored and updated, including the damaged part. This would turn Quel'Thalas itself into a zone to quest in with only the place where new blood elf characters spawn being outside the city but into the zone. The quests would then all take place inside Quel'Thalas kind of like it did with Suramar giving us the first fully urban lvling zone.
    This would of course mean it will be Horde exclusive

Eversong Woods/Ghostlands fused into one zone seperate from the new Quel'Thalas with the DeathHolme expanded as a new Forsaken Base given to them by the Blood Elves after the destruction of Undercity

Darkshore/Felwood/Winterspring/Mount Hyjal fused into one megazone with a new Night Elf City(most likely in the Mount Hyjal or Darkshore part of the map). Given what happened to the Night elves it would make sense for the lvling of this zone to be all about helping the Night Elves rebuild and i do not think having Horde characters questing in it would be okay. Thus this would be the Alliance exclusive zone

EDIT: in case you haven't figured it out, i am all for that full world revamp after we return from the shadowlands
    Last edited by AthranThom; 2021-03-08 at 12:19 AM.

The Barrens, Durotar and Mulgore. I wish I could go there for some regular events / dailys. I'm very nostalgic for those old horde zones.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a whole Azeroth zone revamp , maybe with some subterranean elements to them which could be part of a future expansion

GILNEAS.
    Desperatly in need of a rehash. Among other places but this one is the 1st to pop up