Thread: Is 9.1 small??

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    No he wasn't. For both. If he would have been banned just for calling me a troll, blades would have been banned just as well. But he is still around, and I didn't report either of them. Why would I? I mean they are way too optimistic, but entertaining in their own way.
    I know for a fact that wowisdead reports anyone who calls him out for his constant negativity.

9.1 seems fine. Its just so far off, and thats what people are probably annoyed at

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    As you said, unprecedented. When has any patch stayed in the PTR for more than four months? So yeah, one side has actual statements and past data. The other side has feelings.
    Whoops, thanks for catching it. There was a not missing. I meant to say no unprecedented. Usually a patch takes 3 months on the PTR, longer ones often do 4 smaller ones sometimes 2. I don't think it is reasonable to assume a PTR phase longer than 4 months, so it all comes down to when the patch actually hits the PTR. As for the release dates, my views are as follows:
    May: Way too optimistic
    June: Plausible, but wouldn't bet on it.
    July: Wouldn't be suprised
    August: Most likely
    November: The jaded cynic in me talking
    Anything later than early november: Utter bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Is 9.1 small??
    That's not what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    They said it would be in the PTR soon after 9.0.5 goes live. So saying it will go live the latest in the first week of April is not reaching, it's going by what Blizzard said. Same with expecting it to go live within 8-12 weeks of being in the PTR. All of this places its release date in June. And then you have people stretching it and saying we don't even know that it will be in 2021? Who exactly is the one who has no evidence here?

- - - Updated - - -

But will people have a reason to run Torghast? I mean if it is just run TC ONCE to get the new reward from them and then do two runs a week if you still have legendaries you are going to upgrade, does that make it like Visions?

Visions had far worse gameplay than Torghast and imo TC layer 18 is far harder than 5 Mask Visions. Yet your first run of 5 Mask Visions a week dropped pretty damn good gear. TC drops nothing. They couldn't even be bothered to add achievements to complete runs during the Torghast events. And gameplay in Torghast is repetitive as hell because most specs only really have one or two competitive anima paths so it is not at all different every time you run it like a Rogue-like is.

Torghast needs better rewards.
    I don't know. I wouldn't mind better rewards for sure, but I tend to do things in the game because I want to AND because I want to improve my character as much as possible, not because Blizzard dangles a carrot in front of me.

For TC I wanted to prove I could do it, pretty much like the Mage Tower in Legion. The mount was a nice bonus. I would have loved the option of unlocking the Legendary Transmog set through Torghast, but that will come later then

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    It rivals the 2.2 voice chat patch in TBC.
    That's fair since 6.2 came with a raid and a zone, but it was so horri-bad, I had honestly gapped its unlock. But, there was still so much going on in the way of content and balance during 2.2, it was likely less noticeable.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_6.1.0

Did you ever actually read it or just listened to word of mouth?
    Are you going to argue that 6.1 was a content patch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    I mean that has been a valid thing to complain about for a while to be fair...

I gave up X for corruption, warfronts, isles, relics, the maw, torghast... blizzard has a terrible track record when it comes to making new content. Its to the point i would argue they haven't had a real win since the mage tower.

I think players would rather have an extra few dungeons then see them blunder something again and then tying a needed currency to it so its not dead on arrival.
    I'm not saying it's not a valid thing. Just trying to explain why some people might not be as excited about whatever 9.1 might offer as others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I feel the same way. The killing of customization for the rest of Shadowlands really killed my enthusiasm for the rest of the expansion as well. I'm still interested in seeing where the story goes since I find the exploration of existence beyond death fascinating, but the fact that they outright said customization is done for Shadowlands just took the wind out of my sails.
    Well, considering that for Shadowlands, the main attractors for me were the overhauled leveling and the new customization, I feel much the same way.

The leveling is one thing and it's done its job for the most part. But the leveling very much was made out to be an iterative process. I know internet lawyers will go "B-but they didn't specify," but Blizzard was very well aware that what they said before 9.1 made it seem as if customization was an ongoing process within the Shadowlands expansion itself. And it is even listed as a feature on the Shadowlands website, still. It's the replacement for new races, allied races or a class.

For now, I'm enjoying Shadowlands okay on its own, but the knowledge that the most hyped (for me) feature of the expansion was essentially choked to death before the first content patch does more than take the wind out of the sails for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Whoops, thanks for catching it. There was a not missing. I meant to say no unprecedented. Usually a patch takes 3 months on the PTR, longer ones often do 4 smaller ones sometimes 2. I don't think it is reasonable to assume a PTR phase longer than 4 months, so it all comes down to when the patch actually hits the PTR. As for the release dates, my views are as follows:
    May: Way too optimistic
    June: Plausible, but wouldn't bet on it.
    July: Wouldn't be suprised
    August: Most likely
    November: The jaded cynic in me talking
    Anything later than early november: Utter bollocks.
    Some people seem to think 9.1 will hit the PTR next week. But we'll be lucky if it hits the PTR a month from now tbh.

With how everything is, don't expect much regarding 9.1..

I'm keeping my expectations in check and just looking forward to an interesting raid and another season of m+ with that additional "small new zone" dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Lmao, 6.1 was literally the smallest, least-content-major-patch in modern WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Some people seem to think 9.1 will hit the PTR next week. But we'll be lucky if it hits the PTR a month from now tbh.
    Yeah that's kinda what I'm calculating with as well. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Lmao, 6.1 was literally the smallest, least-content-major-patch in modern WoW.
    It was. It'd be unfair to call it a content patch. It'd also be unfair to use it as a shield against criticism of other content patches, though, since it and WoD as a whole was just a mess. Not something that ought to be repeated again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Are you going to argue that 6.1 was a content patch?
    Unless you want to use mental gymnastics to ignore everything on that page, including new quests, then yes. Unless you'd like to be one of those "X isn't content because I don't like it/don't do it" people.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I've heard anything bigger than 6.5 is "Nice."

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I have seen some people on forums and twitter and all that claiming 9.1 is small. I can only imagine they believe This because they are either very new or after seeing the leak have jumped on the “WoW sucks now!!!!” Train which hey you do you boo.

9.1 is definitely not small compared to the .1 patches we have gotten back to at least MoP. For example:
    5.1:
    New pvp style zone Remake in townlong
    I think ToES finally released but idk
    New legendary quests added
    New BGs I think
    World boss?

6.1:
    New raid 10 bosses
    Legendary quests
    World boss
    Campaign stuff
    Garrison invasions

7.1:
    Suramar campaign
    More leggos
    New dungeon
    New raid 3 bosses
    New m+ system fixes

8.1:
    New warfront
    New raid 12 bosses
    Heroic Arathi
    New island stuff
    New azerite traits
    New war campaign
    Weekly cache fix

9.1:
    New zone
    New dungeon
    New raid 10 bosses
    New covenant campaign
    Flying
    New torghast Wing
    More layers??
    New world bosses

Overall 9.1 is actually giving more content than the previous first patches and the only thing I can see people having an issue with the patch is the fact we don’t get it until May but we have to also take into account 9.0 has a decent amount of content compared to 8.0 or 7.0 or 6.0....5.0 is a bit tough to compare because of the reps. We aren’t redoing systems like 7.1 did or 8.1 did and I am actually happy...I hope the maw skip is also coming
    My gf would say 9.1 is average

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Unless you want to use mental gymnastics to ignore everything on that page, including new quests, then yes. Unless you'd like to be one of those "X isn't content because I don't like it/don't do it" people.
    Thanks for clarifying.

Have a good day.

its not small people are just freaking out over how long it is taking compared to the past
    this is however the first expansion out of the last 4 where the .1 patch isnt fixing systems

the people screaming "NOT UNTIL MONTHS FROM NOW NOVEMBER!!!" are insane including streamers. The ptr is going to hit in maybe a week or two then figure 8 weeks after. The new zone will not look exactly like the maw because it wasnt part of the maw in the first place. We already have screenshots of the raid boss and a pic of the pirate dragon in his boss room that was posted on twitter

7 months for 9.1 is fine

Mid May for a new dungeon with hard mode and a new raid
    Dungeon gear getting an ilvl boost (wondering how much since the gap between difficulty is lower now)
    New zone likely similar to the 8.3 invasions
    Faction assaults on the maw