View Poll Results: Who do you stand with?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stand with the Royal Family

4 10.81%
  • I stand with Harry & Megan

10 27.03%
  • Don't like either of them.

23 62.16%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    I'm sure that there are people like that but I've honestly never come across anyone (in the 38 or so years I can remember) that actually had any interest in the 'Royal Family'. Sure our gutter rags would do a lot to convince you otherwise but the average person on the street doesn't give a flying fuck about them beyond possibly reading a juicy scandal in aforementioned gutter rags.
    Well a lot of countries are still under the queen and have the queens laws so its interesting to a lot of people. And its really just something to talk about that isnt too risky a conversation topic at work or whatever. Its hard to talk about religion or space at work with co-workers without looking weird so sure why not have a dig at the royal family, something a lot of people dont really care about but will be happy to share their opinion anyway
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So, you don't think there's anything bad about discouraging a suicidal pregnant woman from seeking mental healthcare because it would be a bad look for the institution. Is that what you're saying?
    That's just today's heroic contribution to public awareness, it'll be something new tomorrow based on what their PR expert has designed for them. Whatever gets them attention. It is important to bring awareness to problems but in their case it always comes across as being judgemental and more of a lecture than anything else.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-03-08 at 10:26 PM.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its hard to talk about religion or space at work with co-workers without looking weird so sure why not have a dig at the royal family
    I can count the number of times I've had a conversation at work about the Royals on the non existent hand of an as yet unconceived baby....ie zero times and this includes 10 years in the civil service, ya know, Her Majesty's Civil Service.....

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Not only racism they are extremely bigoted towards gay people.

They are extremely anti gay in UK outside of brighton
    Well, it's nice that you and the other poster have managed to paint such broad strokes on the entirety of the UK. As someone that is neither in Brighton, nor racist and definitely not bigoted towards gay people, I'd kindly just tell you both to fuck off with those generalisations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    I'm sure that there are people like that but I've honestly never come across anyone (in the 38 or so years I can remember) that actually had any interest in the 'Royal Family'. Sure our gutter rags would do a lot to convince you otherwise but the average person on the street doesn't give a flying fuck about them beyond possibly reading a juicy scandal in aforementioned gutter rags.
    This. Most people give zero fucks about the royal family. There are probably more Americans that care than there are Brits.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This. Most people give zero fucks about the royal family. There are probably more Americans that care than there are Brits.
    Doubtful if I recall the royal family always polls highly in the UK perhaps you don't but if the institution didn't have public support it would have probably vanished like most do in modern democracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Doubtful if I recall the royal family always polls highly in the UK perhaps you don't but if the institution didn't have public support it would have probably vanished like most do in modern democracies.
    I should have said "most people outside of London" tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I should have said "most people outside of London" tbf.
    Think of it this way would you rather the world be focused on Boris Johnson instead of the royal family?

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Royal families are terrible, who knew, not like we had centuries of data to back that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

I honestly have no dog in the fight, I don't love or hate the queen, but I do think the whole idea and purpose of royalty is fucking stupid. That said, I think this mostly being fueled by people so traumatized by real shit they have nothing better to do than concern themselves with the well bein of literally fucking millionaires.

I am pretty fuckin sure everyone involved is fine, and would be much better off if they did learn from Dianna's death and let this shit the fuck go. Anybody really concerned with this shit has nothing better to do seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Royal families are terrible, who knew, not like we had centuries of data to back that up.
    Well considering that Prince Edward was a literal god damn Nazi, yeah I am going to go on NOT having a BS idea of the English royal Monarch, much less them being full fledged fucking racist.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

So you are going with OJ is innocent as a defense for Prince Edwards...
    nah just pointing out the opposite of assumptions do happen.

btw he is technically innocent for as much as WE know he's not. <--that statement is true for both of them, for now.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Think of it this way would you rather the world be focused on Boris Johnson instead of the royal family?
    Yes, absolutely. One is the man running the entire country, the other is a group of people that are functionally irrelevant to what we're doing with the pandemic and just about everything else that actually matters. By all means, focus on Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    just for info: age of consent for sex in UK is 16, so this "but that's pedo !!!" screech is totally off reality, at least outside of USA.
    the term "underage" doesnt fly here also
    Under UK law the age of consent is 16 for consensual sex, sex where money changes hands or sex trafficking is involved it is 18, which in the Epstein case she was 17 and still a minor.

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    just for info: age of consent for sex in UK is 16, so this "but that's pedo !!!" screech is totally off reality, at least outside of USA.
    the term "underage" doesnt fly here also
    Nothing like defending one of the pedos that went to Epstein's lolita island because he is a prince.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Under UK law the age of consent is 16 for consensual sex, sex where money changes hands or sex trafficking is involved it is 18, which in the Epstein case she was 17 and still a minor.
    You mean she was 17 in the prince Andrew/Epstein case.

Epstein was involved in a number of cases - the youngest were 14 (he plead guilty in one of those cases).

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    It is important to bring awareness to problems but in their case it always comes across as being judgemental and more of a lecture than anything else.
    Cut it out with the fallacious arguments. You can just admit you didn't watch the interview.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    You mean she was 17 in the prince Andrew/Epstein case.

Epstein was involved in a number of cases - the youngest were 14 (he plead guilty in one of those cases).
    Yes, as far as I'm aware this is the only thing that has come to light (so far) that happened on UK soil involving Epstein: https://news.sky.com/story/prince-an...ation-11872851

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    nah just pointing out the opposite of assumptions do happen.

btw he is technically innocent for as much as WE know he's not. <--that statement is true for both of them, for now.
    What is publicly available points to his guilt if he isn't his behavior has only worsened his image. To the topic at hand my point was that members of the royal family like Edwards got far less coverage and heat than Meghan Markle. The family has basically put a protection bubble around him and his scandal is actually something worth covering.

former actress in tv series "Suits"
    Seen her on "Fringe." Not much better than cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    That she is an attention seeking manipulative actress that will do anything to get what she wants.
    Ah yes, defend the racist monarchy. You think her husband would be saying the same thing if it were untrue?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Piers Morgan is a sorry ass excuse of a human being. I am glad she checked his ass

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I actually don't know anything at all about this Megan Markle. But the shoes she is wearing in that interview are A+++. Good goddamn.
    They're missing red bottoms for me.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."