Affli or Destro in 9.0.5

Hi Men,
    i've a great problem, im a new warlock player and i dont know what kind of spec to play...if destro or affly in this new patch 9.0.5
    Could you explain me the main differences in terms of DPS (M+ or RBG/Arena) and playability
    Thanks

The word on the street is that Aff is best at higher keystones and progression raiding, but Destro is good at steamrolling lower keystones. Apparently both suck at PvP right now, but Aff is good in rated BGs.

Destro? Did you mean Affli or Demon?

First, props on the user name, you are a true Shinobi.

Affliction is generally stronger in higher key but suffers from very clunky design which makes you prettty useless on short packs, and very clunky on everything else where you have to manually Agony trash. Its extremely good on bosses though.

Destruction has stronger and more reliable burst aoe, stronger immediate burst in general (for priority targets like Xav's flags in theater of pain or that same dungeon's endboss caster adds). It also packs respectable single target if you get to cast. Its aoe suffers a lot if tank has to frequently kite outside of your Rain of Fire.

Overall, i prefer destruction, its less dmg at times but more versatile at actually timing the key. On some tyranicall weeks and fairly high keys i go Aff. I'm no pro though and only do up to 16 keys atm.

Quote Originally Posted by MadaraUchiha View Post
    Hi Men,
    i've a great problem, im a new warlock player and i dont know what kind of spec to play...if destro or affly in this new patch 9.0.5
    Could you explain me the main differences in terms of DPS (M+ or RBG/Arena) and playability
    Thanks
    Short and simple;

Raids: Affli

M+: Doesnt matter, both specs suck so bad...

It pains me. Destro rn is, lets say, garbage, even if you are a pro destro.

I played destro from vanilla up to WoD. Took a break and came back now for 2 months. in m0-m13 i did fine but in raids i was in the top 5 only if i could stay in 1 spot and freely weave in CDs and cleave, otherwise i am in the bottom if i couldn't stand still. In arena/BG only if your allies can buy you 8-10 seconds you can burst some1 down.

Affliction is very complicated. You must be a piano player for like 10 years and use a bunch of addons. If you miss-click one button on the rotation you are screwed in everything (kills, dps, sustain etc). For me its not funny at all but it is one of the most wanted spec in almost all raids, some M15+ and few arenas.

Long story short:
    -Destro is a "glass cannon" and pretty much an "Artillery". google up for the meaning of those.
    -Aff is like an aggresive cancer. It is meta (thanks to the developers, smh), can reach some high targets, but you will regret it later because you will get dizzy after raids and, after some time, a carpal tunnel or smt.