Poll: Who gets Dragonspine Trophy?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Im gonna go with whoever rolls highest.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Ret don't really want it, ... rogues>warriors>hunters>anyone else
    BiS for Ret until Sunwell for Humans, BT for everyone else. Sounds like you play rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

Bis for hunters until wotlk. Hunters also have better uptime on it due to being ranged so take that into account when looking at sims.

So far in my guild they've all gone to hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    BiS for Ret until Sunwell for Humans, BT for everyone else. Sounds like you play rogue.
    No, just working with rapidly outdating information at the time. Either I misunderstood or, Dulkan's sheet didn't recommend it 6 months ago and the TC around haste was bonkers because we had no idea what direction twisting would be.

Mostly to hunters in our 3 raid groups so far. A few have gone to rogue and one to DPS warrior. But the luck we have had with the drops is pretty insane. If it was what I would consider mostly a more normal rate it probably would have just gone to hunters. Although I wouldn't just blindly say everyone should do it. If you got some shit hunters probably should be a pass. If you got some hardcore rogues or dps warriors they certainly deserve a look. Truth be told super min/max isn't that critical in TBC unless you are going for world fastest clear times.

DST can be used by any melee dps, however it depend on the guild for which class / player they're giving it to or depend on the system they're using! But i'd like to mention few things.
    -if DST going to the class that is getting benefit the most out of it? then Rogue >warrior >enhancement > hunter > ret > feral.
    -if DST is going to boost the top dps classes? then Hunter > warrior > rogue > enhanc > ret > feral
    -if DST is going to the class that will use for the longest run? then give it to a duel wielder class.

-DST is a 2PPM proc trinket with a condition that it can break the CD & proc more if the class can alter his default speed with personal haste buffs, a rogue having S&D & Cd like BF will proc DST Much more higher than all other classes! so the rogue is getting benefit the most out of it, Plus a rogue with hard hit cap will gain insane amount of energy out of dst, meanwhile fury warriors will have similar effects & will gain so much rage, so it's best to be givin for a rogue or warrior, But when it come to boosting raid dps? Since rogues/warriorsare weaklings compared to hunters, even when dst benefit the rogue/warrior 2x the times than it will benefit the hunter? it should go to a hunter for better over all raid dps since hunters are higher tier dps in the first place.

-while it also the bis trinket for ferals/ret/ it's not much upgrade for theferal than hourglass, it won't boost the feral dps by much than hourglass and proc will suck for ferals/ret, it's also triple the base dps boost to rogue/warr more than feral/ret so it's a waste to go for a feral or ret if you consider over all raid dps or a long term use (since the feral will replace it in p2), as enhanc? it's pretty awesome for them but not that insane much benefit out of it as Rogue/warrior can have.

what's happening already in TBC-c?
    -all hardcore guilds are giving it to hunters > rogues
    -semi-core guilds are giving it to whoever perform better as a player
    -casual guilds are giving it to their highly active players
    -clueless guilds doesn't consider anything when giving out this trinket
    -guilds that run dkp or /roll? are most likely playing for fun, but without proper loot system which give items based on 2x factors (classes that benefit the best out of it) + (player performance)? future raids will not be cleared easily and SWP will never be cleared by such guilds.
    Last edited by Azx; 2021-09-07 at 09:39 PM.

Ahh this thread got bumped. Well I will post an update, it dropped on our first kill and we gave it to a Rogue who helped gear the tanks in week one with farming/crafting. That was the correct choice, you give it to the player who deserves it because having or not having DST is not going be make or break. Plenty of the rank 1 parses have been done in absense of a DST over the months.

Seen plenty of hardcore guilds give it to all classes, so this myth that the Hunters would all end up with the DST's definitely did not play out. It's fairly even across the board among the popular physical specs. Our guild was a "hardcore" guild before it died too, previously private server top guild on multiple servers, lots of rank 1 players, gladiators, R14 classic players and we at least for a short while were competing among the top 10 worldwide. Loot was handed out by a loot council where the GM was a Hunter and probably the best player in the guild was also a Hunter.

I still think you should just give it to the individual player, human being who deserves it the most or roll it among players that meet that criteria.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    So far in my guild they've all gone to hunters.
    Same, and two of those quit playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Kersey View Post
    Same, and two of those quit playing.
    The first hunter we gave it to quit a month later lmao.

My guild has gotten 3 DST's in 30ish kills, first two went to hunters and the third to a warrior lucky for us all 3 still play

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No one because it's a myth

(Rogues and warriors)
    My guild has had 6 of them drop but they're prioritized to Hunters. Melee is up next and we only have 4 melee so my turn is coming soon enough as Enhance.

3+ Year Old Account
    In my sorry weekend guild (one of them since I raid with two characters) we saw 5 DSTs, and 4 of those loot winners quit the game shortly after. Meanwhile, our two loyal, 100% attendance rogues haven't looted DST yet. This guild just promotes quitting the game with that weird Council looting.

We're pretty oldschool and still raid with dkp and our 3 DSTs went to Hunter, Hunter, Rogue
    Max DKP everytime, naturally. And they all still play!1

10+ Year Old Account
    the master looter usually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    In my sorry weekend guild (one of them since I raid with two characters) we saw 5 DSTs, and 4 of those loot winners quit the game shortly after. Meanwhile, our two loyal, 100% attendance rogues haven't looted DST yet. This guild just promotes quitting the game with that weird Council looting.
    Problem is, how do you know if the player will quit?
    -K

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Problem is, how do you know if the player will quit?
    Very difficult to know, but maybe if you are running Council, you have to prio those guys who have a near perfect 100% attendance instead of class optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by tomatosaucin View Post
    kebab of course
    The players that aren't good enough to slam definitely don't deserve a DST

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The players that aren't good enough to slam definitely don't deserve a DST
    Slamming warriors deffo benefit way more from DST than anybody else.