Poll: Who gets Dragonspine Trophy?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Slamming warriors deffo benefit way more from DST than anybody else.
    As %delta i agree. But for raw dps with %uptime taken into account, its debatable.

enhancement shaman, clearly

15+ Year Old Account
    I have actually been wondering about this. I hope to do Gruul's Lair eventually with my alt rogue, but haven't even thought about DST; for the simple fact that I was under the impression that rogues require 28% hit for all white damage to get through. But if it's an unattainable amount, and it makes a lot more sense to have the most hit you can from gear but with agility gems and haste from different sources: then that places DST much higher than I had originally realised.

Is there some current theorycrafting around that compares different levels of +hit with +haste and attack power? *Should* you compromise, as a rogue, on +hit in lieu of better stats such as agility and haste? And at what point do you let your hit drop: 24% > 22% > 20%?! In order to put out more theoretical damage.

I guess what I'm truly wondering here is the value of haste when you have a certain number of average misses. Does this much haste more than make up for those white misses? I was going to stack as many hit gems and as much hit from gear as possible—but understanding comparisons like that will help me to rethink this.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a piece of loot that's going to drop a bunch in the future, it's good but honestly people take this whole "who should get it" shit way too seriously.

If you are doing well enough to kill Gruul regularly, you aren't hurting.

Who should it go to? The person with the highest main-spec roll, or highest DKP/whatever point; however you run your shit. Nothing else needs to factor into it, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hunters easily make the most use out of it. Hunters>who cares about the others
    Id never give to a hunter over a war or a rogue tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Id never give to a hunter over a war or a rogue tbh
    Hunter uptime on fights is far better than any melee. More haste means more FI or EW uptime as well.

if they're lootwhores, they will quit after getting their loot because there is nothing left for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    It's just a piece of loot that's going to drop a bunch in the future, it's good but honestly people take this whole "who should get it" shit way too seriously.

If you are doing well enough to kill Gruul regularly, you aren't hurting.

Who should it go to? The person with the highest main-spec roll, or highest DKP/whatever point; however you run your shit. Nothing else needs to factor into it, honestly.
    you dont understand: the autismos need to minmax this 15 year old solved game with pissbaby tier raids.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkaiboost View Post
    if they're lootwhores, they will quit after getting their loot because there is nothing left for them.

- - - Updated - - -

you dont understand: the autismos need to minmax this 15 year old solved game with pissbaby tier raids.
    Care to link your vashj and KT logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Geckomayhem View Post
    I have actually been wondering about this. I hope to do Gruul's Lair eventually with my alt rogue, but haven't even thought about DST; for the simple fact that I was under the impression that rogues require 28% hit for all white damage to get through. But if it's an unattainable amount, and it makes a lot more sense to have the most hit you can from gear but with agility gems and haste from different sources: then that places DST much higher than I had originally realised.

Is there some current theorycrafting around that compares different levels of +hit with +haste and attack power? *Should* you compromise, as a rogue, on +hit in lieu of better stats such as agility and haste? And at what point do you let your hit drop: 24% > 22% > 20%?! In order to put out more theoretical damage.

I guess what I'm truly wondering here is the value of haste when you have a certain number of average misses. Does this much haste more than make up for those white misses? I was going to stack as many hit gems and as much hit from gear as possible—but understanding comparisons like that will help me to rethink this.
    this is what stat weights and sims are for

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Rogues scale the hardest with haste, I don't think 1,5-2k~ DPS in t4 is all that bad, I don't know how they fare into t5, but hunters are very overrated at this point in time.
    Locks are doing 1.5k-2k. ST. Rogues are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    GM (Hunter that struggles playing BM), followed by GM's boyfriend/girlfriend (Ret Paladin), followed by Officers (Feral Druid)
    Last edited by SinR; 2021-09-23 at 06:02 PM. Reason: I made the GM a BM Hunter. Maybe you could say its a GM Hunter? or the BM of the guild?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Ret don't really want it, it's not bis for as long for hunters as it is for melee, so rogues>warriors>hunters>anyone else
    Lol what? It’s by far more dps for ret then Any other class. Period. Rogues and shaman also use it for far longer then warriors or hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters, Rogues, Warriors, Enhancement, Ret, your mono cat, your bears, your prot Warrior if you're stuck in 2007, your prot Paladin if you're still running Gruul for some ungodly reason at this point and then idk, your healers for their offspec?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    Lol what? It’s by far more dps for ret then Any other class. Period. Rogues and shaman also use it for far longer then warriors or hunters.
    really old comment you're replying to, that was the tc at the time prebcc

Mar 10 Thu 22:58 - 350 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - warrior
    Feb 07 Mon 21:28 - 700 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - retripala
    Nov 21 Sun 22:27 - 1210 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - enhashaman
    Nov 14 Sun 22:35 - 1000 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - rogue
    Sep 27 Mon 20:29 - 515 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - hunter
    Aug 26 Thu 20:42 - 692 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - rogue
    ​Jul 29 Thu 20:44 - 494 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - hunter
    Jul 01 Thu 20:27 - 333 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - hunter

We need two more for our feral/tank and one hunter and then we are done i think. Killed Gruul every lockout.

Whoever reflects better performance and/or support. For example, the shaman whose proficient in totem-twisting and does decent damage should get it over a warrior doing decent dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    Mar 10 Thu 22:58 - 350 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - warrior
    Feb 07 Mon 21:28 - 700 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - retripala
    Nov 21 Sun 22:27 - 1210 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - enhashaman
    Nov 14 Sun 22:35 - 1000 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - rogue
    Sep 27 Mon 20:29 - 515 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - hunter
    Aug 26 Thu 20:42 - 692 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - rogue
    ​Jul 29 Thu 20:44 - 494 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - hunter
    Jul 01 Thu 20:27 - 333 DKP - Dragonspine Trophy - hunter

We need two more for our feral/tank and one hunter and then we are done i think. Killed Gruul every lockout.
    Wait, did you not get one for 2 months? I remember my guild had a rough patch for 3 months after one of our rogues won a DST and then never logged on again...
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Mythabay View Post
    Whoever reflects better performance and/or support. For example, the shaman whose proficient in totem-twisting and does decent damage should get it over a warrior doing decent dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, did you not get one for 2 months? I remember my guild had a rough patch for 3 months after one of our rogues won a DST and then never logged on again...
    Yes those are all logged dst drops in our guild runs. At least everyone with a dst is still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythabay View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Our first DST dropped AFTER having two ashes of a'lar. For some, its pretty rare.

I remember this ancient thread. We got DST on our first kill and gave it to a Rogue, our 2nd and final DST dropped in the alt/split group and went to our Warrior tank, that was it since the guild stopped raiding after we cleared T5 on the PTR as people were bored with TBC and had started to quit to play other games.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2022-03-20 at 10:28 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4