Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Im not sure its the gear so much as it is the disparity between the gear levels.

The scaling is WHACK - just sim a character at 208 vs 220. For 12 item levels you can see the scaling goes whack towards the upper end. It's not linear, and you end up with someone with almost 50% more dps from 12 ilvls. When you can go afk for half a fight and be near-guaranteed to do the same or more damage than someone actually fighting with 100% uptime, it's a problem. lol And making it so it's harder to get that gear doesn't make the players who are completely unwanted because their "100%" is worth only 50% of someone with 12 higher ilvls.

It something like 4500-5000 dps for 208 vs 6000 dps for 220. That's 22dps per ilvl at 208, and 27dps per ilvl at 220 -- in actuality, they're getting 125 dps per ilvl for the last 12 ilvls. That's insane -- if the numbers werent WHACK - you'd end up with 4500 dps at 208 and 4900 dps at 220, @22dps per ilvl. Which is an increase of about 10% still, but NOO thats not enough.

You're irrelevant at 208 if youre with 220s and literally just a leech. Thats the problem with ilvl, not the fact that they are higher ilvl.
    Scaling is whack all over the place. Prideful at 10 doesn't really hit for shit. 15 is another matter entirely.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    because valor vendor gear was bad for most players and it gave lowest hanging fruit players gear for nothing.

just get good
    valor vendor gear was bad for mythic player ego seeing casual player able to gear up

here i fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Just stop catering to them, they're the worst part of this game.
    I think you grossly overestimate how many wilfully bad players there are in wow.
    The majority of the playerbase are perfectly OK with that gear follows skill/effort.

- - - Updated - - -

That leaves us like 15 people in the whole WoW world.
    I will also say to you that you grossly overestimate how many wilfully bad players there are in WoW.
    The majority, from lfr raiders to mythic raiders, are perfectly OK with the concept of rewards following skill/effort.

Although the wilfully bad players are grossly overrepresented here.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I think you grossly overestimate how many wilfully bad players there are in wow.
    The majority of the playerbase are perfectly OK with that gear follows skill/effort.

- - - Updated - - -

I will also say to you that you grossly overestimate how many wilfully bad players there are in WoW.
    The majority, from lfr raiders to mythic raiders, are perfectly OK with the concept of rewards following skill/effort.

Although the wilfully bad players are grossly overrepresented here.
    I think you grossly overestimate your understanding of average players and what it means to be average.

I think you grossly overestimate your understanding of average players and what it means to be average.
    Why would any player, average or not average, not like a system where rewards follow skill/effort?
    It is only the wilfully bad - players that feel that they are entitled to reap the same rewards for less or no effort - that can't accept that.

A player that only does heroics or clears a +2 is not a wilfully bad player. A person becomes a wilfully bad player the moment that he feels entitled to be carried by better players, hence all the threads here about "gate-keeping", "elitists" etc, and when he feels entitled to gear that does not match his skill/effort, hence all these threads about "casuals also deserve gear".

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Why would any player, average or not average, not like a system where rewards follow skill/effort?
    It is only the wilfully bad - players that feel that they are entitled to reap the same rewards for less or no effort - that can't accept that.

A player that only does heroics or clears a +2 is not a wilfully bad player. A person becomes a wilfully bad player the moment that he feels entitled to be carried by better players, hence all the threads here about "gate-keeping", "elitists" etc, and when he feels entitled to gear that does not match his skill/effort, hence all these threads about "casuals also deserve gear".

You're wrong and do not understand any of the arguments being made. And you're making a stretch that bad players want good gear without effort, when in fact both good and bad players want good gear. You're also wrong in your evaluation of rewards vs effort and where we are at.

And a 'good' player is not one that clears a +2, or one that clears a heroic, or one that clears a +10.

I'm not sure why you're bringing in 'willfully' bad or how that's a relevant conversation to anything. It's also made up. Willfully bad would be me playing bad intentionally; knowingly.

If you're going to use words, can we use words that are conveying what you mean - since a "willfully bad" player has absolutely no relation to skill?

Gingi could intentionally troll a group -- that would him playing WILFULLY bad. That doesn't make him a bad player.