Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Because the current head honchos are obsessed wtih maths, timers and competitiveness and want players to "get good" instead of "have fun".
    raining down almost bis gear for no effort is fun? this is why the notion of wrath baby came about

Because the current head honchos are obsessed wtih maths, timers and competitiveness and want players to "get good" instead of "have fun".
    I love how absolutely nobody can pinpoint the real issues with this game succinctly because development and communication is an absolute mess.

Because they want you to work harder.

RNG FOR THE RNG GODS

that's why

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    rewards that fit the content and effort yes,but coming with boosting as an argument as to why everyone should get easy acces to high ilvls is just bad

just because people steal money irl doesnt mean im gonna stop working and demand the goverment to pay me as much as others stole or something

(my analogy is ofc a bit exagerated boosting isnt stealing but i get why some people dislike how it exists)

- - - Updated - - -

thinking people should get rewarded based on effort or difficuly isnt elitism
    It is since in reality neither particular party is a better consumer than the other. One is incredible privileged by the develoeprs however.

thinking people should get rewarded based on effort or difficuly isnt elitism
    Spending time is effort, even if in content that's not particularly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Spending time is effort, even if in content that's not particularly difficult.
    so is throwing my feces at the wall,but it will not become the mona lisa anytime soon

so is throwing my feces at the wall,but it will not become the mona lisa anytime soon
    Neither will your WoW accomplishments. Point being?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Neither will your WoW accomplishments. Point being?
    huh?the point was that the effort doesnt justify the high reward

huh?the point was that the effort doesnt justify the high reward
    Why though?

Hmm and what shall we do about those players who "have fun" by "being good"?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends303 View Post
    Being tied to all of your endgame gear instead of locking it behind Mythic + , this makes the valor system convoluted or better yet like we in had in Wrath the actually add a vender with gear locked to it. I mean Blizzard just creates this systems just to waste our time.
    I mean the entire game is created to waste time as that is sort of the purpose of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    That leaves us like 15 people in the whole WoW world.

Just stop catering to them, they're the worst part of this game.

raining down almost bis gear for no effort is fun? this is why the notion of wrath baby came about
    Actually, yes it is. And given the state of the game, it's pretty clear that the majority of the playerbase thinks this.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Actually, yes it is. And given the state of the game, it's pretty clear that the majority of the playerbase thinks this.
    Im not sure its the gear so much as it is the disparity between the gear levels.

The scaling is WHACK - just sim a character at 208 vs 220. For 12 item levels you can see the scaling goes whack towards the upper end. It's not linear, and you end up with someone with almost 50% more dps from 12 ilvls. When you can go afk for half a fight and be near-guaranteed to do the same or more damage than someone actually fighting with 100% uptime, it's a problem. lol And making it so it's harder to get that gear doesn't make the players who are completely unwanted because their "100%" is worth only 50% of someone with 12 higher ilvls.

It something like 4500-5000 dps for 208 vs 6000 dps for 220. That's 22dps per ilvl at 208, and 27dps per ilvl at 220 -- in actuality, they're getting 125 dps per ilvl for the last 12 ilvls. That's insane -- if the numbers werent WHACK - you'd end up with 4500 dps at 208 and 4900 dps at 220, @22dps per ilvl. Which is an increase of about 10% still, but NOO thats not enough.

You're irrelevant at 208 if youre with 220s and literally just a leech. Thats the problem with ilvl, not the fact that they are higher ilvl.
    Last edited by kiramon; 2021-03-11 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Im not sure its the gear so much as it is the disparity between the gear levels.

The scaling is WHACK - just sim a character at 208 vs 220. For 12 item levels you can see the scaling goes whack towards the upper end. It's not linear, and you end up with someone with almost 50% more dps from 12 ilvls. When you can go afk for half a fight and be near-guaranteed to do the same or more damage than someone actually fighting with 100% uptime, it's a problem. lol And making it so it's harder to get that gear doesn't make the players who are completely unwanted because their "100%" is worth only 50% of someone with 12 higher ilvls.

It something like 4500-5000 dps for 208 vs 6000 dps for 220. That's 22dps per ilvl at 208, and 27dps per ilvl at 220 -- in actuality, they're getting 125 dps per ilvl for the last 12 ilvls. That's insane -- if the numbers werent WHACK - you'd end up with 4500 dps at 208 and 4900 dps at 220, @22dps per ilvl. Which is an increase of about 10% still, but NOO thats not enough.

You're irrelevant at 208 if youre with 220s and literally just a leech. Thats the problem with ilvl, not the fact that they are higher ilvl.
    Scaling is whack all over the place. Prideful at 10 doesn't really hit for shit. 15 is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    because valor vendor gear was bad for most players and it gave lowest hanging fruit players gear for nothing.

just get good
    valor vendor gear was bad for mythic player ego seeing casual player able to gear up

here i fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Just stop catering to them, they're the worst part of this game.
    I think you grossly overestimate how many wilfully bad players there are in wow.
    The majority of the playerbase are perfectly OK with that gear follows skill/effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    That leaves us like 15 people in the whole WoW world.
    I will also say to you that you grossly overestimate how many wilfully bad players there are in WoW.
    The majority, from lfr raiders to mythic raiders, are perfectly OK with the concept of rewards following skill/effort.

Although the wilfully bad players are grossly overrepresented here.

I think you grossly overestimate how many wilfully bad players there are in wow.
    The majority of the playerbase are perfectly OK with that gear follows skill/effort.

- - - Updated - - -

I will also say to you that you grossly overestimate how many wilfully bad players there are in WoW.
    The majority, from lfr raiders to mythic raiders, are perfectly OK with the concept of rewards following skill/effort.

Although the wilfully bad players are grossly overrepresented here.
    I think you grossly overestimate your understanding of average players and what it means to be average.