Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Just curious...

    What percentage of the player base has already gotten the +5, +10, and +15 achievements ?
    You need gear mixed with the +10 and the +15 to complete the +15 dungeons. Does it really matter what % there is? Their item system is whack this expac.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I thought the cap was supposed to be 226 if you had KSM?
    Nope the cap was always advertised to be 220. That is the reason m+ only people complained that PVP rewards cap higher.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    You need gear mixed with the +10 and the +15 to complete the +15 dungeons. Does it really matter what % there is? Their item system is whack this expac.

    Yes, it matters to me, because I don't understand who this upgrade system is designed for ? If only 10% of players are doing +15 mythics .... then why design upgrades around mythic dungeons.....Are they trying to force us into their mythic dungeon content ? Are they content with casual players stagnating in progression and leaving ?

    One thing is for sure.... THE BOOSTERS are gonna be happy with this system.... they can already see the $$$$$$

    If I didn't know better, I'd say this system was designed for boosters

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Yes, it matters to me, because I don't understand who this upgrade system is designed for ? If only 10% of players are doing +15 mythics .... then why design upgrades around mythic dungeons.....Are they trying to force us into their mythic dungeon content ? Are they content with casual players stagnating in progression and leaving ?

    One thing is for sure.... THE BOOSTERS are gonna be happy with this system.... they can already see the $$$$$$

    If I didn't know better, I'd say this system was designed for boosters
    Everything about it is jacked. From not being able to upgrade old items (HELLO corruption items) to requiring 15s to get gear lower than what people require for 15s right now.

    I wonder if they already forgot their Torghast "win" -- which was smart --- give layer 1 torghast the highest Soul Ash, so that while you get more from doing a high level one, you dont completely gate out the people that cant clear them. Bet they didn't -- probably some scaling thing where the rich get richer and the poor fall further behind, lol
    Last edited by kiramon; 2021-03-09 at 07:55 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Yes, it matters to me, because I don't understand who this upgrade system is designed for ? If only 10% of players are doing +15 mythics .... then why design upgrades around mythic dungeons.....Are they trying to force us into their mythic dungeon content ? Are they content with casual players stagnating in progression and leaving ?

    One thing is for sure.... THE BOOSTERS are gonna be happy with this system.... they can already see the $$$$$$

    If I didn't know better, I'd say this system was designed for boosters
    you sweet naive summer child.

    its at not even 1% of people who do m+ - so probably somethwer between 0.2-0.5% of playerbase.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Just curious...

    What percentage of the player base has already gotten the +5, +10, and +15 achievements ?
    It depends how you define player base.
    With that said, the +5 achievement didn't exist before 9.0.5 -- so the answer is 0% for that.
    The +10 achievement is about 12% of people who have profile accounts on wowhead, or about 3% of characters with a raiderio score on my server.
    The +15 achievement is about 6% of people who have profile accounts on wowhead, or about 1.5% of characters with a raiderio score on my server.

    I'm quoting a friend here and did not verify these numbers myself. The raiderio percentage is hard to get, since raiderio doesn't flag if they have achievement or not, so he just looked at our server and checked everyone who a high enough score and did the math. I'd expect those percentages to be higher on some other servers as ours is a middle of the pack server.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    WHA....????

    Did they think this through ? If someone is clearing every dungeon at +15 .... what are the odds that their ilvl is near 220 already ?

    This is dumb... and the amount of Valor rewarded seems miniscule
    It has been 13 weeks since the great vault could give 226 gear from a mythic+14.

    This means even with absolute insane luck if no duplicates, along with getting an item every single week, you would still be missing 2 slots of 226 gear.

    What is more realistic is many players have 7-9 good items by now out of the vault, and plenty of 207-210 gear that could stand to be updated to 220.

    Or any alt since there is no catchup system for mythic+ gear over 210 until this.

    Not to mention trying to target a specific item.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Everything about it is jacked. From not being able to upgrade old items (HELLO corruption items) to requiring 15s to get gear lower than what people require for 15s right now.
    it will blow up to their faces so bad tomorrow.

    1 positive thing coming out of it is they will definetly fire Ion for this.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wait, so world players can earn Valor now to use on nothing because they don't have the achievement to upgrade or gear to use them on?
    Well, world players can earn Conquest aswell and get ilvl 200 for it. No real diffrence

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Well, yes and no. A support article went up awhile ago stating the mount won't be immediately available upon logging in for some players.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are expecting a delay with the delivery of the Wandering Ancient mount to all accounts with Shadowlands expansion activated. All eligible accounts should receive this unique mount over the next few days – thank you in advance for your patience and understanding, travellers! (Source)
    Yah its really fun running around without it when everyone else got it ;p

  11. #71
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Well, world players can earn Conquest aswell and get ilvl 200 for it. No real diffrence
    Except, with Conquest Points, I can purchase gear but can't upgrade to a higher cap without getting rating. With Valor Points, I cannot purchase gear, I cannot upgrade gear that isn't M0 or higher, and the cap demands M+ achievements.

    In short, Conquest Points have more value than Valor Points for world players.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by sentrosi View Post
    im happy they are improving the m+ gearing... but this valor setup is extremely punishing for bad luck. spend 6 weeks of getting 750 valor per week to go from 210 two hander to 220... then immediately get a 226 from your chest. Meanwhile you have a 210 ring you could have upgraded...

    its a step in the right direction, but definitely needs some improvement.
    A good solution would be for mythic gear to be dismantled for valor points just like Azerite gear gave Titan Residium in BFA.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    A good solution would be for mythic gear to be dismantled for valor points just like Azerite gear gave Titan Residium in BFA.
    that would be a good idea it would also make useless items worth something to a player like me that only needs 6 slots

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    A good solution would be for mythic gear to be dismantled for valor points just like Azerite gear gave Titan Residium in BFA.
    That for sure wouldn’t cause some heartburn with reading gear to others if you don’t need it...

  15. #75
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,997
    so from what ive read on Wowhead, EVERY Mythic+ drops 135 at the end.

    Do a +2? 135 Valor
    Did a +15? 135 Valor

    Gee Gee Blizzard

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you sweet naive summer child.

    its at not even 1% of people who do m+ - so probably somethwer between 0.2-0.5% of playerbase.
    More than 3.7 million unique characters have run at least 1 mythic+. Even if we assume 5 chars per actual person 1% participation would be 74 million wow players. Nice to see you think wow is doing so well.

  17. #77
    It takes 8 M+ dungeons to boost your weapon by 3 ilvls. If you meet the requirement of already being fully geared. This iteration of Valor pretty much amounts to nothing.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Nope the cap was always advertised to be 220. That is the reason m+ only people complained that PVP rewards cap higher.
    Eh, my mistake. Kind of happy that I don’t have to worry about doing this then.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Yes, it matters to me, because I don't understand who this upgrade system is designed for ? If only 10% of players are doing +15 mythics .... then why design upgrades around mythic dungeons.....Are they trying to force us into their mythic dungeon content ? Are they content with casual players stagnating in progression and leaving ?

    One thing is for sure.... THE BOOSTERS are gonna be happy with this system.... they can already see the $$$$$$

    If I didn't know better, I'd say this system was designed for boosters
    you give you already your answer: the system is designed to support or better IS part of Blizzards smart cash grab systems.

    look: Blizz earns 7 bugs by doing NOTHING, for every Token ever passed the AH. Boosters, and the many ppl buying Tokens to get quickly gold, to pay that boosters is EXACTLY what Blizz wants the most. this system directly supports that attitude. why do you think they doing this shit ? its more bugs for Blizz. easy peesy money.

    and now the white knights can start offering me their tinfoil hat replies.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so from what ive read on Wowhead, EVERY Mythic+ drops 135 at the end.

    Do a +2? 135 Valor
    Did a +15? 135 Valor

    Gee Gee Blizzard
    i asked myself exactly the same. the article is not stating that. there is literally no sense in this. it just floods ppl with „cathup“ gear instantly to the point before you need one of the achievements, by running +0 again and again and again. weird. there are easier ways to implememt some strange catchup system.

    also noone will any longer wait (and wipe and replace) endlessly in NHC raid grps, when you can easily spam better stuff at m+0 ???

    ofc the need of the achievements is a nice boosters push up (watch the amount of spam in /2 the next days) which ofc is intended by Blizz, to make many many free bugs via Tokens.

    but all the updates, before the achievements are needed, are a very weird catchup meachanic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Yah its really fun running around without it when everyone else got it ;p
    you really gladly looking forward to run around on your tree mount with thousands other ppl runnin around with that standard mount everyone gets ???

    what a weird method to have fun in that game

    i personally can not await the day when everyone and his grandma finally NO LONGER runnin around with that shit

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    It takes 8 M+ dungeons to boost your weapon by 3 ilvls. If you meet the requirement of already being fully geared. This iteration of Valor pretty much amounts to nothing.
    Well you will slowly but surely get some upgrades.
    Better than getting 4 weeks of duplicates from gv.
    You only need 6 mythic plus dungeons per week to stay up to date.

    This is in no way comparable to pvp where everyone has full 226 now. But it's a start.

    I think they should reduce the upgrade cost because its only 220 ilvl. Already 6 ilvl lower than the pvp upgrades.

    I had hoped that I could upgrade a nice m4 trinket to 220 but that would cost several weeks of Valor points.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •