Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Patch 9.0.5 Valor Points System - Gear Ranks, Upgrade Requirements, Valor Costs

Patch 9.0.5 Update Notes

Patch 9.0.5 Valor Points System
    Patch 9.0.5 brings back Valor, a currency used to increase the power of items from Mythic dungeons.

Earning Valor
    At the start of the patch, players can earn up to 5000 Valor. This cap will increase by 750 Valor each week, so in Week 2 the cap will be 5750, in Week 3 the cap will 6500, etc.

Valor can be earned by completing Covenant Callings and Mythic Dungeons.
    • Rare Covenant Callings reward 35 Valor
    • Epic Covenant Callings reward 50 Valor
    • Mythic+ Dungeons reward 135 Valor

Mythic+ Dungeon Gear Ranks
    Starting in Patch 9.0.5, new gear from Mythic+ Dungeons will receive a rank from 1 to 12 based on the item level. Upgrading an item with Valor will only increase it by one rank.

Gear RanksItem Level

Gear Upgrade Achievement Requirements
    To unlock all upgrade ranks shown above, players must get the Shadowlands Keystone achievements by completing all Mythic+ Dungeons within the time limit.

Valor Costs to Updrade Mythic+ Gear
    Valor costs are different based on the type of gear that you want to upgrade. That being said, each rank upgrade costs the same, there is no difference in upgrading an item from Rank 6 to Rank 7 or from Rank 11 to Rank 12.
    • Neck, Cloak, Bracers, Rings, Shield and Offhand - Cost 250 Valor to upgrade
    • Shoulders, Gloves, Belt, Boots and Trinkets - Cost 400 Valor to upgrade
    • Helm, Chest, Legs - Cost 475 Valor to upgrade
    • One-Hand Agility and Strength Weapons - Cost 500 Valor to upgrade
    • One-Hand Intellect Weapons - Cost 750 Valor to upgrade
    • Two-Hand Weapons - Cost 1000 Valor to upgrade
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-03-09 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so world players can earn Valor now to use on nothing because they don't have the achievement to upgrade or gear to use them on?

So after spending the initial cap, it takes 4 weeks to upgrade a 2 hander from 210 to 220?

15+ Year Old Account
    So eh, 35 and 50 is basically fuck all if you want to reach even the first cap of 5k. What's the earn like from m+?

I don't understand why raid gear CAN'T be upgreadet this way. Another raiders marginalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wait, so world players can earn Valor now to use on nothing because they don't have the achievement to upgrade or gear to use them on?
    yep .

this patch is direct spit in the face of whole casual and raiders playerbase.

because aparently for Ion loosing 50% of playerbase in 2 months is just the begining - sky is the limit - he still have other half of playerbase to loose before 9.1

7+ Year Old Account
    The amount 35/50 sounds like bad joke. Wtf is this.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yep .

because aparently for Ion loosing 50% of playerbase in 2 months is just the begining - sky is the limit - he still have other half of playerbase to loose before 9.1
    loosing definition: set free; release.

So appropriate word we are now free to play another game.

Once again Blizzard introduce a new system and then tune it to the point where it feels exploitative rather than fun.

Anybody capable of doing all 15s in time has better gear than that anyway.

Tree mount here we go

This is intented to fix m+ gearing, raid loot is fine, world players can still upgrade to 200 ilvl. Honestly if you refuse to do even a m0 why the fuck do you need higher gear? Just for the sake of it? Go play a single player game.

Why cant be upgraded the gear to item level 226? This makes no sense... If a ilvl 210 staff drop from M15 then i start to farm 3000 valor points and i guess its gonna take alot of time to farm that amount of valor... and then i get a 226 ilvl staff from weekly vault i can vendor that ilvl 220 staff and the 3000 valor points? wow...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yep .

But seriously why does the mythic vault for heroic not drop 220?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnerlol View Post
    Why cant be upgraded the gear to item level 226? This makes no sense... If a ilvl 210 staff drop from M15 then i start to farm 3000 valor points and i guess its gonna take alot of time to farm that amount of valor... and then i get a 226 ilvl staff from weekly vault i can vendor that ilvl 220 staff and the 3000 valor points? wow...
    And what's the difference that you get it to 226 and then you open vault and get a 226 weapon? Both situations it means you have "wasted" all that valor since you could have saved that for another slot...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

im happy they are improving the m+ gearing... but this valor setup is extremely punishing for bad luck. spend 6 weeks of getting 750 valor per week to go from 210 two hander to 220... then immediately get a 226 from your chest. Meanwhile you have a 210 ring you could have upgraded...

its a step in the right direction, but definitely needs some improvement.

35/50 for those world Qs... What’s the mythic+ number?

I almost unsubbed after getting all +15s in time then I heard blizzard were reinstating valor and thought I’d give my subscription the benefit of the doubt. As a relatively casual player who only plays M+, I was hoping this was going to make gearing a bit less tedious. How silly was I to convince myself that would be the case.. if I’m only doing 1-5 mythic+ a week the system is almost pointless (pardon the pun)

...See you in season 2 then folks...

Edit: Can’t believe I’m probably going to end up playing Old School RuneScape over WoW

Edit 2: How about 35 valor for a mythic+ 0, adding an additional 35 valor for every second keystone level up. So 70 valor for a +2, 105 for a +4 and so on.. up to a cap of 210 for +10 and above.
    Last edited by Krawn; 2021-03-09 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Additional information added

Quote Originally Posted by sentrosi View Post
    im happy they are improving the m+ gearing... but this valor setup is extremely punishing for bad luck. spend 6 weeks of getting 750 valor per week to go from 210 two hander to 220... then immediately get a 226 from your chest. Meanwhile you have a 210 ring you could have upgraded...

its a step in the right direction, but definitely needs some improvement.
    That's the nature of currency based acquisition though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

This feels like a completely useless system. Unless you have the 15 achieve done and are gearing alts strictly through Mythics and running more than 10 a week I don't see a benefit. I wish they'd just bring back badges and vendors

Thank you, Blizzard, for so blatantly telling some of us to bugger off. You don't want us playing your game anymore, and that's fine. You took a game that was so accessible (I know 90 year olds who played it) and turned it into this toxic, elitist ESposrt BS. Keep it. It's too late to turn back now. I hope you milk as much money as you can from it before the current group of whiteknighters move on.

Damn right I am salty. They changed wow so much it's not the same game at it's heart. It used to be a game for EVERYONE, and slowly, it's been handed to a select few. Enjoy it.

Very nice!! Gj blizz