Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Am i missing something here?

Each upgrade to a 2h weapon is 1000 valor, for 3 Ilvl.

If you wanted to upgrade a weapon, from 184 to 220, you'd need all available Valor, from the first 8 weeks to upgrade it.
    Also meaning that you can upgrade no other items, untill 9 weeks in.

I'm aware that most people won't be upgrading a weapon all the way.
    But the prices for upgrades, and the cap just seem so disproportionate..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Once again Blizzard introduce a new system and then tune it to the point where it feels exploitative rather than fun.

Anybody capable of doing all 15s in time has better gear than that anyway.
    I still have 3 slots I could upgrade. But to actually get the pieces for those slots... I'm not even hoping they will drop - because I am using 207 pvp gear there so haven't ever gotten the 210 to replace them. They havent dropped in tens of dungeons, doubt they'll start dropping now...

Lol, they missed the mark on this one. Way off target with these costs/rewards.

Besides, system will carry forward next seasons, I suppose... might be more helpful then, not sure, depends on ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Because only an extremely tiny percentage of the playerbase is even capable of doing 15 with that low ilvl.

Out of milions of players playing this game, I'm ranked around 30k for rogues according to raider.io, and I've only just gotten keystone conqueror this week. This means that the vast majority of the playerbase havn't timed all 8 dungeons as a +10.
    Aside from the skill gap, it helps clear the content more easily if you want to reclear. In the case of M+, the content is technically endless despite the ilvl rewards being capped/ending at a moderately low key level. Also, the higher ilvl in general rewards you for redoing the content in preparation for the next content release (aka, allows you to jump into a more appropriate difficulty based upon your efforts/skill when the next content patch rolls around, versus starting at the lowest rung). Beyond that, there's still the angle of rewarding players with that little extra power for putting the effort in all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I think item upgrades are the wrong way to go. New items are fun. Item upgrades aren't.
    I think there's a healthy balance that should be struck.

When it comes to PvP, upgrading and gear vendors is basically the only way right now because players don't drop loot (and I don't think people want to go back to BfA random loot chance). When it comes to PvE, gear dropping should be the primary method of gearing, and gear upgrading should be a secondary goal.

The point of badges way back in the early days of WoW was "bad luck protection," as in you couldn't replace an item for months on end that was below your content level... and in Shadowlands we're at that point with the drastically reduced loot drops and ilvl restrictions. Is it the best solution possible? Probably not, but it's probably one of the better ones they could go with under the current loot constraints. The amount of Valor needed to upgrade items all the way is more akin to Conquest points for PvP, as in its heavily restricted... and that's for a reason: they want the primary source of your good loot to be drops or the weekly Vault, not upgrading.

One downside I see already popping up in people's heads is the potential waste of Valor to upgrade an item, then replace it and effectively losing out on all that Valor. The PvP system gets around this since it uses Honor to upgrade items, which is basically easy to obtained and not capped in terms of weekly gains (aside from the 15k honor you can hold at once). I imagine Blizz will have to address this at some point, maybe having a redemption system where you can vendor/scrap a piece of upgraded gear to get some of the Valor back. It's a limitation of a one-currency system that Valor will be versus a two-currency system that PvP has. There's many solutions to the problem, but I can see why Blizz would be hesitant about going down any of these avenues based upon how they devolved the badge system in the past.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Only a month of daily callings to upgrade a weapon once.

What a bargain!

Let me just make sure I'm still unsubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    It's because they don't know. I imagine they will update the post once the patch actually goes live.
    if they don't even know they are as incompetent as you can get....

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if they don't even know they are as incompetent as you can get....
    He is talking about MMO-C news writers. Blizzard obviously knows, they coded the amount - how dense can you be, I try my best to not comment on threads here but sometimes I just can't

"Two-Hand Weapons - Cost 1000 Valor to upgrade"

Being penalized for being a fury warrior is so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    WHA....????

Did they think this through ? If someone is clearing every dungeon at +15 .... what are the odds that their ilvl is near 220 already ?

This is dumb... and the amount of Valor rewarded seems miniscule
    This is dumb but you clearly can't read, it clearly states if you hover over the achiev that it's account wide... so people who are already at 220 can use this for their alts to gear up

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    this made me laugh more than it should have.

Thanks Ion for telling me its OK to go play FFXIV
    well FF14 got nearly 1,5 mln additional active accounts in last months .

that didnt happen without a reason

That being said,
    Found Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    This is dumb but you clearly can't read, it clearly states if you hover over the achiev that it's account wide... so people who are already at 220 can use this for their alts to gear up

Oh I see, this upgrade system is intended for gearing alts of Mythic dungeoneers

That makes a lot more sense, because it certainly isn't intended for the average playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Quixef View Post
    He is talking about MMO-C news writers. Blizzard obviously knows, they coded the amount - how dense can you be, I try my best to not comment on threads here but sometimes I just can't
    they why haven't they given out the info? one would assume that's 1 of the 1st pieces of info being handed out

about valor points upgrade... meh Well that sounds like slavery with extra steps. Think i wouldn't bother this patch.

I thought the cap was supposed to be 226 if you had KSM?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Oh I see, this upgrade system is intended for gearing alts of Mythic dungeoneers

That makes a lot more sense, because it certainly isn't intended for the average playerbase
    cant wait for incoming s...tstorm tomorrow once people realise that its system locked per character :P

will be glorious to read forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAnon View Post
    Tree mount here we go
    Well, yes and no. A support article went up awhile ago stating the mount won't be immediately available upon logging in for some players.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are expecting a delay with the delivery of the Wandering Ancient mount to all accounts with Shadowlands expansion activated. All eligible accounts should receive this unique mount over the next few days – thank you in advance for your patience and understanding, travellers! (Source)
    Last edited by Alayea; 2021-03-09 at 08:12 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Just curious...

What percentage of the player base has already gotten the +5, +10, and +15 achievements ?

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    I don't understand why raid gear CAN'T be upgreadet this way. Another raiders marginalization.
    Wait, what. I completely overlooked that part.