Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So you can run mythic 0 get the item and upgrade it to 220? Oh please let that be the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    So you can run mythic 0 get the item and upgrade it to 220? Oh please let that be the case!
    Yes, if you have KSM and it will cost a ton of VP since it’s the same cost for every rank and going from rank 1 to 12 is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Yes, if you have KSM and it will cost a ton of VP since it’s the same cost for every rank and going from rank 1 to 12 is a lot.
    Ye, but grinding valor is not an issue. Getting the BIS item you want to upgrade is the actual issue. And you get way more items in normal mythic and I can even solo these.

BTW is the KSM achievement account-wide? Like can I upgrade my alts items by just grinding +2s now?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    That would be a monumental waste of VP/time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    That would be a monumental waste of VP/time.
    You have about a 3% chance of getting the item you want in a timed +15. How many 15's do you have to do to get this one item you want? Considering average +15 pug takes like 35-40 minutes. If you hit the jackpot you save yourself 9 upgrades, if not you end up with a bunch of valor but no item to upgrade.. I rather have the item to upgrade and know that after x +2s I get the 220.

So like 1 week to upgrade one m15 item from 210 to 220. Seems like a lot ;o

There will be a nerf to valor point costs in a few weeks I think.
    A single weapon would cost 11000 valor points to fully upgrade or 4 months. Wtf.
    Doesn't pvp get you two pieces of loot per week?
    What's up with pve?

A trinket from lvl 1 to 12 would cost 4400 points or 6 weeks.
    For one item.

The prices are way too high currently, this will be patched in a few weeks I bet.
    Farming low dungeons should be a viable option IMHO.

This system is fine for my 220 main, but for my 180 ilvl alt this does almost nothing. The first 5 pieces I upgrade will probably those I get from the vault. So bad system for alts.

I have to pvp if I want gear.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-03-10 at 03:45 AM.

The current prices and caps makes me think this more in place to let you bump items a few ranks above what you are currently receiving them at.

It is not a system where you spam run low keys for drops then upgrade them from 187 to 220.

So every m+ gives 135 valor points?
    So first I have to grind fucking plaguefall on +15 to get my weapon and then I have to grind +2 keys to farm valor? Sounds like fun. I guess its private server time again until tbc comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    So first I have to grind fucking plaguefall on +15 to get my weapon and then I have to grind +2 keys to farm valor? Sounds like fun. I guess its private server time again until tbc comes out.
    That's what confused me. Does a +2 provide the same valor points as a 15+? If that's the case, I forsee plenty of low key farms just to hit cap.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

You really have to wrangle it out of them this expansion don't you.

The thing that bothers me the most is I cant upgrade gear I already own... It jzst stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wait, so world players can earn Valor now to use on nothing because they don't have the achievement to upgrade or gear to use them on?
    Because your salty ass can't read

Items can be initially upgraded to Item Level 200 (Rank 6)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

135 valor per m+ is extremely generous. Yet people complain... I expected around 35-50 per run.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Because your salty ass can't read

Items can be initially upgraded to Item Level 200 (Rank 6)
    I guess you are not able to read?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Gear acquired from Mythic Keystone dungeons are now upgradable with Valor, a new currency that is earned from completing Mythic Keystone dungeons and covenant Callings. The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week. There will be a maximum of 1500 Valor a character can hold at a time. Gear that dropped before the patch is unable to be upgraded.

(Source)
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-03-10 at 10:06 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Awesth View Post
    Am i missing something here?

Each upgrade to a 2h weapon is 1000 valor, for 3 Ilvl.

If you wanted to upgrade a weapon, from 184 to 220, you'd need all available Valor, from the first 8 weeks to upgrade it.
    Also meaning that you can upgrade no other items, untill 9 weeks in.

I'm aware that most people won't be upgrading a weapon all the way.
    But the prices for upgrades, and the cap just seem so disproportionate..
    I mean, if you have keystone master you probably won't upgrade from 184 to 220, but from 207 or 210 to 220. Be realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    So you don't take into account the valor you would get by grinding the weapon? Or that the cap raises by 750 every week so 4 dungeons for the vault give you almost the max? Are you this thick? There isn't a timeline where you would go out of your way to grind m2s.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    So you don't take into account the valor you would get by grinding the weapon? Or that the cap raises by 750 every week so 4 dungeons for the vault give you almost the max? Are you this thick? There isn't a timeline where you would go out of your way to grind m2s.
    probably on that timeline where this system is simply not fun for casuals because its locked behind hardcore content

therefore it will be ignored - and make more people unsub.

SL is a wet dream of hardcore players - they can be toxic as much as they want and game supports it

so what that 80% of playerbase will be gone by the time 9.1 releases

Ion being toxic hardcore himself for sure dont care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I guess you are not able to read?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Gear acquired from Mythic Keystone dungeons are now upgradable with Valor, a new currency that is earned from completing Mythic Keystone dungeons and covenant Callings. The weekly Valor cap will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week. There will be a maximum of 1500 Valor a character can hold at a time. Gear that dropped before the patch is unable to be upgraded.

(Source)
    Considering I got upgradable gear from normal M0 dungeons when I did a world tour on my alt, that isn't the case. Or do you just complain about crap without actually verifying it first? (btw regular mythics with no keystone ARE considered mythic keystone dungeons because you can *gasp* put a keystone in it!)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Considering I got upgradable gear from normal M0 dungeons when I did a world tour on my alt, that isn't the case. Or do you just complain about crap without actually verifying it first? (btw regular mythics with no keystone ARE considered mythic keystone dungeons because you can *gasp* put a keystone in it!)
    Thought you knew that M0 were also Keystone dungeons? Nothing new there. I am talking about people who hardly do mythic dungeons or raiding, world players.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..