Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,057
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    At one level, seeking greater civil peace, less hungry, and increased housing availability is so trite that it barely bears mentioning.
    This is privilege speaking... it’s not trite to slaves or people who have nothing. I will ask again... What part of the Czar was going too conservative? Because to me... everything you say, seems to be empty ideological rhetoric, that sounds good... but, lacks any meaning what so ever.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is privilege speaking... it’s not trite to slaves or people who have nothing. I will ask again... What part of the Czar was going too conservative? Because to me... everything you say, seems to be empty ideological rhetoric, that sounds good... but, lacks any meaning what so ever.
    If I were to tell you the story of the politician that committed himself to be in favor of motherhood and apple pie, would your response be that it's a clear example of parent-privilege and a detachment to the problem of hunger?

    It's not your fault that I'm a little overexposed to your narrative from anonymous writers on the internet, but do you seriously deviate in any meaningful way from a cohort of yours that they'd accuse you of being too on the right for them? Maybe the fragility of Tsarist institutions is an interesting conversation, but I used the USSR to poke fun at cranks that think it's right around the corner.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

  3. #523
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,676
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    And, frankly, we can forever talk about our institutions and our democracy being continually under threat and deserving constant vigilance with some truth.
    Except for the fact that's a massive strawman, lol.

    We're not talking about a vague constant "other" that must be guarded against in the vein of the Founders' bullshit about tyranny - we're talking about how propensity for fascism is a result of specific systems and saying that the US has such a system that is drifting increasingly towards that propensity as a result of a specific and concerted effort by Republicans over the past half century including but not limited to voter suppression, court packing, gerrymandering, union busting, sabotaging public programs, and generally being as obstructionist as possible.

    Nor does it change that, yes, you're still engaging in a false equivalency by comparing it to the Red Scare because the international communist conspiracy was never real; fascism is and has been a real feature of American society since day one.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2021-03-17 at 08:44 PM.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    If I were to tell you the story of the politician that committed himself to be in favor of motherhood and apple pie, would your response be that it's a clear example of parent-privilege and a detachment to the problem of hunger?
    I think we'd be more confused as to why her political views only extend to being a mom and liking apple pie, and wonder what her views are on actual political topics.

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    bullshit
    Only one of the two sides attempted a violent overthrow of an elected government, and only one of two sides is actively engaging in voter suppression, domestic terrorism etc.

    I agree, it's not both sides.

  6. #526
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    17,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Only one of the two sides attempted a violent overthrow of an elected government.
    God... I'm gonna be sick... that did happen... for a fucking failed reality TV star fail son.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  7. #527
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    No different to them flirting with the far left.
    But thats cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  8. #528
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,057
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    If I were to tell you the story of the politician that committed himself to be in favor of motherhood and apple pie, would your response be that it's a clear example of parent-privilege and a detachment to the problem of hunger?
    I would ask what issues you have with motherhood and apple pie in your country, that those are revolutionary statements.

    It's not your fault that I'm a little overexposed to your narrative from anonymous writers on the internet, but do you seriously deviate in any meaningful way from a cohort of yours that they'd accuse you of being too on the right for them? Maybe the fragility of Tsarist institutions is an interesting conversation, but I used the USSR to poke fun at cranks that think it's right around the corner.
    I’m using actual history... literal promise made by Lenin and Lincoln, drawing a comparison between slaves and the Russian serfdom. I’m not using “cranks”, after bitching about my narrative.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  9. #529
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66,794
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    But thats cool.
    It's much like the disinformation about the relative positions of the Republicans and Democrats, whenever anyone brings up "but the Democrats were the party of the KKK!"

    Shit changes. In particular, global politics in the late 19th and particularly the early 20th largely went from the top-left to bottom-right of the political spectrum; left-authoritarian to right-libertarian. Classical liberals being the latter and Leninism and Stalinism et al being the former.

    Post-WWII, however, that axis flipped. It's been largely left-libertarian to right-authoritarian. Emphasis on "largely", once you're outside the USA; there's certainly a wide range, and I'm talking about really broad strokes. But in the USA in particular, it's heavily stripped down along that line; there are essentially zero left-authoritarians in any political capacity. The likes of Bernie and AOC are firmly left-libertarian. Right-libertarians have a small presence, but look at how relevant the Libertarian Party in the USA is in any election cycle to see how relevant they are to the discourse.

    The issue is the rhetoric didn't change, by right-wingers. They still dishonestly present themselves as right-libertarian when they are decidedly not. And they present the Democrats as left-authoritarian, just as dishonestly.

    Worse, you can tell it's dishonest, and not just general stupidity, because they inherently admit that they are right-authoritarians when they bring up stuff like "horseshoe theory" or any "both sides" arguments regarding the Democrats' supposed authoritarianism.

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I'm 100% opposed to basically every poster here in ideology,
    That's because you're a bloody anarchist.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's because you're a bloody anarchist.
    Nah, he's just a devout Trumpster.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    No different to them flirting with the far left.
    Ah yes, where they give you a higher wage, better standard of living and everyone gets healthcare, the fucking horror. Meanwhile, when was the last left wing terrorist attack? 40+ years ago?

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nah, he's just a devout Trumpster.
    I mean, he really just wants civilisation to be destroyed is the vibe I got in the past. Doesn't make sense either way to me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's because you're a bloody anarchist.
    I think nihilist describes them better - the one-step-up from anarchists.

    At least anarchists like @Machismo have a right-wrong compass, as misguided as it might be, but nihilists on the other hand lack this entirely and it shows in @tehdang 's blatant apathy for fact and fiction.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I think nihilist describes them better - the one-step-up from anarchists.

    At least anarchists like @Machismo have a right-wrong compass, as misguided as it might be, but nihilists on the other hand lack this entirely and it shows in @tehdang 's blatant apathy for fact and fiction.
    For the 50th time, I'm not an anarchist.

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    For the 50th time, I'm not an anarchist.
    tfw the libs cant identify libertarians, anarchists or reactionaries.

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    tfw the libs cant identify libertarians, anarchists or reactionaries.
    Shrug, what else would you label someone who supports a government that exists only in name but have no power to enforce any law or policy they enact?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Shrug, what else would you label someone who supports a government that exists only in name but have no power to enforce any law or policy they enact?
    That's not what anarchists want. They fundamentally misunderstand the world around them and how society works and think "no rules" is the only rule they need. Until someone comes along and splits their skull open with an axe and says "Yo got it, bro!", that is.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's not what anarchists want. They fundamentally misunderstand the world around them and how society works and think "no rules" is the only rule they need. Until someone comes along and splits their skull open with an axe and says "Yo got it, bro!", that is.
    "Anarchy is the state of a society being freely constituted without authorities or a governing body."

    Pretty sure "government-in-name-only" qualifies, based on the definition.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

    Prediction for the future

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's not what anarchists want. They fundamentally misunderstand the world around them and how society works and think "no rules" is the only rule they need. Until someone comes along and splits their skull open with an axe and says "Yo got it, bro!", that is.
    the main principle of anarchy is removing violence from human interactions

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •