Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Quick question please about 9.0.5.

    This might sound like a silly question but it is important to me.

    I need to know the size of the patch because I live in a place where internet is throttled, so I tend to download bigger patches from work.

    Appreciate any response.

  2. #2
    Idk if this is true but I hope it helps.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-size/896518/7
    The patch size is about 2gig, BUT…

    The download is under 500mb. (Since the download is compressed then uncompressed on your PC)

    I verified this via a download meter on my internet connection.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Idk if this is true but I hope it helps.

    At the very least it gives an idea, so I am grateful.

    Thank you. <3

    So basically the launchers will download 500 MB?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I would like a confirmation of the above if possible. If I already have the new launchers, is all I have to download a 500 MB?

  4. #4
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    22,891
    Just out of curiousity, where do you live where this is a problem yet you are still able to play wow?

    Antarctica? Amazon rainforest? An oil rig? Sahara?!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Just out of curiousity, where do you live where this is a problem yet you are still able to play wow?

    Antarctica? Amazon rainforest? An oil rig? Sahara?!
    I prefer not to reveal personal details.

    Still appreciate a confirmation though from anyone.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Just out of curiousity, where do you live where this is a problem yet you are still able to play wow?

    Antarctica? Amazon rainforest? An oil rig? Sahara?!
    For what it's worth, some ISPs in the states have terrible download speeds or throttled net. You don't have to be in a third world country for that to happen.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

    "May the Goddess smile upon you."

    "Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Just out of curiousity, where do you live where this is a problem yet you are still able to play wow?

    Antarctica? Amazon rainforest? An oil rig? Sahara?!
    what a dream, if this would/could be a serious question! fataly, there are so many „white“ areas/regions, where you still have no access to modern internet speed, that its a shame. at least in europe. i totally can understand OP and he have all my compassion, as someone whoe waited 14 (!!!) fukin years, to have 6 MBit instead of 128 KB in 2014, while others already had 2-50 MBits already. and the village i live in, is just fukin 7 kilometers away from the next bigger city (10.000 ppls) in which they all had 6 MBits in 2003.

    so, yes. these things happens. and not only in antarctica.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-10 at 12:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what a dream, if this would/could be a serious question! fataly, there are so many „white“ areas/regions, where you still have no access to modern internet speed, that its a shame. at least in europe. i totally can understand OP and he have all my compassion, as someone whoe waited 14 (!!!) fukin years, to have 6 MBit instead of 128 KB in 2014, while others already had 2-50 MBits already. and the village i live in, is just fukin 7 kilometers away from the next bigger city (10.000 ppls) in which they all had 6 MBits in 2003.

    so, yes. these things happens. and not only in antarctica.
    Not sure what that has to do with race when the areas listed were nothing to do with race and everything to do with being remote and/or inhospitable in terms of climate or both.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with race when the areas listed were nothing to do with race and everything to do with being remote and/or inhospitable in terms of climate or both.
    whaaaaat ?

    i do not get, what you missinterpret here or what exactly you mean.

    all i said is: you do not have to live in the amazon rainforest to have bad internet (as a previous poster asked), because here in europe there are also many many small villages with shitty internet connection. and i gave my own past situation as an example.

    maybe it was my bad english. i not really get what you are saying.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-10 at 01:29 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    whaaaaat ?

    i do not get, what you missinterpret here or what exactly you mean.

    all i said is: you do not have to live in the amazon rainforest to have bad internet (as a previous poster asked), because here in europe there are also many many small villages with shitty internet connection. and i gave my own past situation as an example.

    maybe it was my bad english. i not really get what you are saying.
    You said "white" areas. what exactly did you mean by that?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZX View Post
    This might sound like a silly question but it is important to me.

    I need to know the size of the patch because I live in a place where internet is throttled, so I tend to download bigger patches from work.

    Appreciate any response.
    Just patched for me here in EU, 2.77 GB

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You said "white" areas. what exactly did you mean by that?
    ahhhhh, you thought it was a racist thing. now i get it. lol, no. with white areas i mean blind spots, areas where internet connections are not very enlarged. most of our providers (i think americans call it ISPs) have maps on their website, showing how enlarged internet is in different areas. an area with low bandwith is colored white. this created the term „white areas“ or „white spots“. it has ZERO todo with human skin etc.

    but now i understand your confusion.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-10 at 05:48 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You said "white" areas. what exactly did you mean by that?
    LOL you idiot.
    Automatically jumping to conclusions just so you have get your sjw armor on and reeeee.
    Try reading something informative for once instead of just blm weekly

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsagam View Post
    Just patched for me here in EU, 2.77 GB

    My thanks.

    It's amusing to see how a simple question can be turned into a fucked up debate by some people.

    Like, I made this account to ask a simple question. No need to investigate my background for it. Thanks you again, regardless.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZX View Post
    My thanks.

    It's amusing to see how a simple question can be turned into a fucked up debate by some people.

    Like, I made this account to ask a simple question. No need to investigate my background for it. Thanks you again, regardless.
    welcome to MMO Champ forums!

  16. #16
    5 posts and already there is mention of ''white'', swj and blm...stay classy MMO, surprised there hasn't been a ''wow is garbage'' or ''fire Ion'' posts yet

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZX View Post
    My thanks.

    It's amusing to see how a simple question can be turned into a fucked up debate by some people.

    Like, I made this account to ask a simple question. No need to investigate my background for it. Thanks you again, regardless.
    I'm sure there was no malicious intent behind it. Just you know it is hard to imagine for people living in good circumstances how thing are for those less fortunate. For them you need to live in a third world hellhole to have shitty internet. Well I have a friend who lives in LA and has worse internet than me here in Hungary (Eastern Europe).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    5 posts and already there is mention of ''white'', swj and blm...stay classy MMO, surprised there hasn't been a ''wow is garbage'' or ''fire Ion'' posts yet
    Shadowlands is garbage .. why bother downloading patches ..

    Just kidding but couldn't help myself.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    5 posts and already there is mention of ''white'', swj and blm...stay classy MMO, surprised there hasn't been a ''wow is garbage'' or ''fire Ion'' posts yet
    There is now, chump

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    5 posts and already there is mention of ''white'', swj and blm...stay classy MMO, surprised there hasn't been a ''wow is garbage'' or ''fire Ion'' posts yet
    Is the word white referring to the color of something (i.e. white car) offensive to use now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •