Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Prot Paladin - Thoughts on the New Ardent Defender Legendary

I only have the righteous bulwork made.

I am undecided about where to with my next legendary.

Anyone trying it out.

Thoughts in general.

It looks interesting enough to craft one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, according to our Hammer of Wrath Discord, it's still not worth crafting it. Maybe once we can use 2 leggos, but right now, if you have a need for a survival leggo, you are better off with Magistrate's Judgment (defensive) or Holy Avenger's Engraved Sigil (for a more general purpose leggo).

Its nerfed, the previous version was better. I've rarely needed the additional health restore on the proc (20% is fine), so the additional 40% hp restore is so situational you don't care much for it. The 40% cd reduction isnt great either as unbreakable spirit + conduit already reduce ardent defender to like a 1min cd, I don't see the point in reducing it any further, especially consider that ''40%'' is pretty much just 20seconds or so.

Any prot legendary you craft is basically up to your preference, the build you play and the content you're tanking. There are several good options but it depends on what kind of tanking you're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barring a specific set of tactics, I can't ever imagine it having been worth crafting even prior to this nerf. Dunno why they even nerfed it since it was shit to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I've actually given it a couple of tries. (crafted only 210 iLvl)

These are the 2 Soulbinds that I normally use:

https://tinyurl.com/27a84mn4
    https://tinyurl.com/jhyv3ftc

I'm mainly using the legendary for the shorter CD, as with the above soulbinds and the talent Unbreakable Spirits Ardent Defender's CD seems to become relatively short (around 10-ish seconds gap) which I find it rather useful.

But of course, each to their own.