Poll: Which class you going to boost?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    None, but that's because I actively play classic and have a lock main, a shaman at 60 and a druid in progress.

If I didn't have any chars and I were to boost one, probably a shadow priest or shaman. But since that's not the case, I'll continue my lock along with the shaman.

Druid as farm ähm ...

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats literaly ass backwards logic
    Not really, Blizzard over values their IP big time.

Iirc Shaman were pretty trash in PvP in TBC, unless you managed to get a decent 2 hander but even then you could get kited and stun locked into oblivion.
    RETH

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Hopefully it's only like $10 bucks.
    hahahaha $10.

Shits gonna be at least $40

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Iirc Shaman were pretty trash in PvP in TBC, unless you managed to get a decent 2 hander but even then you could get kited and stun locked into oblivion.
    Yeah, shaman was the worst class in TBC (alongside hunters, but that’s cause no good player wanted to be a “Pokémon trainer”).

Ether a paladin for tanking or a lock

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    I'm not boosting any character. I will main my resto/ele shaman (still undecided about the spec) and I will alt my mage and a fresh paladin. Boosting is for retailers and players who don't like the essence of WoW: the journey/leveling experience.
    for people who have been playing over 15 years the journey doesn't matter one shit anymore it's just a hassle before the endgame

15+ Year Old Account
    you're forgetting who replaced their board of directors with financial advisors and lawyers.

....it starts with an "A"

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    for people who have been playing over 15 years the journey doesn't matter one shit anymore it's just a hassle before the endgame
    I get what you mean. I think some people hoped that Classic games would preserve that hassle as is, because its presence was definitely intentional by developers back then. Anyway more importantly, and that goes for games in general, if something is a hassle, shouldn't they fix it properly instead of selling a "skip it" button in a shop?

3+ Year Old Account
    Then those people are more suited to play Retail. Classic is not their game then.

QTF

Majority of the people who have played WoW don't care about lvling after the first time, specially in classic. I'm at 120 hours on my Mage whos only lvl 58...and that's inc the boosting I got from 40-58. Now imagine doing zero boosting, that's an easy 150+ hours per character. There's a thing called too much of something can be a bad thing. Now imagine playing any game 130 hours before you get into the meaningful content.

And to all of the scrubs "GO BaCK tO ReTAiL iF YOu dOnT LikE iT" you do realize you're playing classic that's running on Legion WoW's client, you're literally playing a refurbished vanilla with retail WoW parts.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Yeah, shaman was the worst class in TBC (alongside hunters, but that’s cause no good player wanted to be a “Pokémon trainer”).
    That's not even remotely true. Resto was pretty good. And later on in the season shaman + ret which is also considered a meme is a gladiator worthy combo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    QTF

Majority of the people who have played WoW don't care about lvling after the first time, specially in classic. I'm at 120 hours on my Mage whos only lvl 58...and that's inc the boosting I got from 40-58. Now imagine doing zero boosting, that's an easy 150+ hours per character. There's a thing called too much of something can be a bad thing. Now imagine playing any game 130 hours before you get into the meaningful content.

And to all of the scrubs "GO BaCK tO ReTAiL iF YOu dOnT LikE iT" you do realize you're playing classic that's running on Legion WoW's client, you're literally playing a refurbished vanilla with retail WoW parts.
    So you're going to disregard the fact that the functionality is the same as it was just because of the engine it's built on? You kind of win the dumbass award.

Also go back to retail and come back and buy the boost .. or just stay there for everyone's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    That's not even remotely true. Resto was pretty good. And later on in the season shaman + ret which is also considered a meme is a gladiator worthy combo

- - - Updated - - -

So you're going to disregard the fact that the functionality is the same as it was just because of the engine it's built on? You kind of win the dumbass award.

Also go back to retail and come back and buy the boost .. or just stay there for everyone's sake.
    You should look in the mirror before you talk smack

You don't like the boost, go play Everquest

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Guess I wont boost a rouge Then
    what the fuck is a rouge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Highly debating either a Shaman to play Restoration, or a Hunter to play Beast Mastery.

But wasn't TBC the peak for the "Shockadin" play style for Holy Paladins? If so, Paladin for sure.
    The peak? definitely not lmao. The peak was probably BFA honestly. It's not so bad now either.

So many druids, interesting. I would prefer to manually level a druid and boost a rogue since leveling a druid is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    From Blizzard's own FAQ on the TBC site:

I have never played WoW Classic but I'm interested in Burning Crusade Classic. How can I join my friends?
    If you don’t have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal and are interested in adventuring in Outland with your friends, we will offer an optional Level-58 Character Boost service closer to the launch of Burning Crusade Classic.

This boost will not be usable on Classic Era realms or on the new blood elf or draenei races; in addition, players will be limited to boosting only one character per World of Warcraft account. Further details, including details around pricing and availability, will be announced at a later date.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/wowclassic

Since they mention details around pricing, it's best to assume it won't be free at all.
    I really wish they would clarify the "If you don’t have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal" part. Do those with a level 60 already not get the option to boost something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Won't boost unless it's free (which is unlikely). But my main will likely be a spriest. As soon as there is a release date and more details on the tBC server transition, I will start leveling one. My hope is that there will be fresh servers but that is also looking unlikely.
    I don't really get this mentality. Like even if it's $200 I would still fucking boost something. It would take me easily 40+ hours of play time to level something and even if I could do that in 10 hours I could just go work 10 hours instead and buy 5 god damn boosts. Fuck leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Flight form will most likely not be in on release day, it wasn't added until 2.1, which is the BT patch.

Disregarding that those that take the boost need to level gathering professions in the first place and druid is quite frankly overrated as farm character, at least in TBC.

But hey, go on and boost those druids.
    Game starts at 2.4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats literaly ass backwards logic
    I think you mean back asswards

- - - Updated - - -

They're worth about 72 billion but sure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    I get what you mean. I think some people hoped that Classic games would preserve that hassle as is, because its presence was definitely intentional by developers back then. Anyway more importantly, and that goes for games in general, if something is a hassle, shouldn't they fix it properly instead of selling a "skip it" button in a shop?
    They could increase xp earned by 50x and I'd still buy a boost instead. If the price of a boost costs less than how much I can make at work in 10 hours I'll choose that option every single time. Literally the only "fix" for that "hassle" of leveling is to skip it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then those people are more suited to play Retail. Classic is not their game then.
    Why? Leveling is shit. Doesn't mean they don't enjoy the end game. Leveling isn't fun whatsoever. Even in retail it's ass. It's just a barrier to actually play the game. In my opinion they should just completely trash leveling altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    "Pretty good" doesn't cut it. Sure, you could carry it to gladiator, but the metas were RMP and WLD for 3s and Warrior + Druid and Rogue + Druid for 2s.

Unless you are brand new to Vanilla-TBC, the journey has no meaning anymore because you already did it, probably even more than once, 15-13 years ago.

I never touched Classic and I won’t touch TBC Classic because I just cannot bother wasting AGAIN 250 hours to do 1-70 for every single char I wanna try. Could be maybe remotely interested if there would be an insta 60 boost (to use in “freezed” Classic) or an insta 70 boost to use in TBC Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    I really wish they would clarify the "If you don’t have characters ready for the journey beyond the Dark Portal" part. Do those with a level 60 already not get the option to boost something?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really get this mentality. Like even if it's $200 I would still fucking boost something. It would take me easily 40+ hours of play time to level something and even if I could do that in 10 hours I could just go work 10 hours instead and buy 5 god damn boosts. Fuck leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Game starts at 2.4.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you mean back asswards

- - - Updated - - -

They're worth about 72 billion but sure

- - - Updated - - -

They could increase xp earned by 50x and I'd still buy a boost instead. If the price of a boost costs less than how much I can make at work in 10 hours I'll choose that option every single time. Literally the only "fix" for that "hassle" of leveling is to skip it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Leveling is shit. Doesn't mean they don't enjoy the end game. Leveling isn't fun whatsoever. Even in retail it's ass. It's just a barrier to actually play the game. In my opinion they should just completely trash leveling altogether.
    World record for lvling is 36 hours lol, you ain't gonna hit 60 in less than 70 hours if you play 3 or 4 hours a day. I'm at 120 hours on my Mage at 58 with mostly boosting between 40-58. If I didn't boost at all I would be most likely 46 or 48 at most. On avg it takes around 10 days played to hit lvl 60....who the hell actually supports that long of a grind? oh yea the try hards and wannabe elitists of WoW XD