Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
    So I cannot realistically gear my alts at all then. I mean if a weapon is 1k, and some other pieces are a few hundred, i basically cannot make a mistake and level up a piece, only to get a better piece in the weekly cache. Pretty ridiculous way of capping valor imo. They need to change that to at least be capped per week or something, not total for expansion.
    There is a weekly cap you can gain with valor each week, if you dont make the cap one week you should be able to earn more the next week to balance it out to a certain point.

    Its just a way to make low mythic plus items become useful so if you get one of the best items but only get it in a 2 at least you can upgrade it to 220 eventually.

    Even if you only do hc content and the occasional mythic plus 215-220 ilvl is doable just by mostly heroic raiding considering you get get half you gear at 220 from hc almost.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  2. #82
    You can buy leather, ore or cloth from valor aswell. So it has use to people who dont do m+

  3. #83
    Pandaren Monk Swampmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    List your own key and invite this massive legion of high item level people?
    With 30-40 ilvl gaps between some pieces, I've been looking for specific dungeons to try and replace the low level items rather than aimlessly grinding whatever keys I get. But yes, assuming I had the key I needed, that would be an option.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is a weekly cap you can gain with valor each week, if you dont make the cap one week you should be able to earn more the next week to balance it out to a certain point.

    Its just a way to make low mythic plus items become useful so if you get one of the best items but only get it in a 2 at least you can upgrade it to 220 eventually.

    Even if you only do hc content and the occasional mythic plus 215-220 ilvl is doable just by mostly heroic raiding considering you get get half you gear at 220 from hc almost.
    Low m+ items won't be useful because you need to spend half a season of valor to get them up to max rank. Each 3 ilvl jump has the same cost which is just dumb. 187-190 should be like 1/12 of 216-220

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    Low m+ items won't be useful because you need to spend half a season of valor to get them up to max rank. Each 3 ilvl jump has the same cost which is just dumb. 187-190 should be like 1/12 of 216-220
    Pretty sure the entire point is to not make the best way to upgrade stuff to be spam low/easy content.

    If a player is good enough to have KSM and time those keys he should be farming keys in those ranges, and upgrading 207s and 210s.

    Not blow up some 2s and upgrade them.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Pretty sure the entire point is to not make the best way to upgrade stuff to be spam low/easy content.

    If a player is good enough to have KSM and time those keys he should be farming keys in those ranges, and upgrading 207s and 210s.

    Not blow up some 2s and upgrade them.
    What about the player who is progressing slowly through the ranks, working on timing all 10's right now for example? If they want to upgrade their stuff now it means they won't be able to upgrade it again when they get KSM. I don't want people to just run +2 and upgrade to 220 easily, but this current iteration just means you should never upgrade anything unless you are upgrading from 210 if you ever plan on getting KSM.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    What about the player who is progressing slowly through the ranks, working on timing all 10's right now for example? If they want to upgrade their stuff now it means they won't be able to upgrade it again when they get KSM. I don't want people to just run +2 and upgrade to 220 easily, but this current iteration just means you should never upgrade anything unless you are upgrading from 210 if you ever plan on getting KSM.
    People running 10s should upgrade a few of there 200-203 end of run drops to 207-210 to help them push higher?

    It really varies by slot, and I think upgrading weapons probably won’t be a great idea, but you can buy 3 tanks a week of neck/rings/OH/bracers and stuff.

  8. #88
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    If you're in a guild or have a regular group to play with, sure.

    As someone who bought the game 2 weeks ago and is playing catch-up on their own for the time being (so basically an alt), these valor points just F'd me in the A. Can't get into any low level mythic +'s anymore. They are all being filled by people who far out-gear the dungeon who are just looking to speed farm valor points. Pre valor-points no one in 215+ gear could give a sht about +2s and 3s.

    Guess I have to bite the bullet and actually search for a guild or something because it's pretty pointless to try on my own now.
    That doesn't change, at all, what I said. All you've done is presented an anecdotal, edge case, scenario.... which doesn't change the fact that having VP makes it easier to gear alts even in your scenario.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2021-03-11 at 07:46 PM.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    Low m+ items won't be useful because you need to spend half a season of valor to get them up to max rank. Each 3 ilvl jump has the same cost which is just dumb. 187-190 should be like 1/12 of 216-220
    with the 5k starting cap you could get 1-2 items from mythic 1 all the way upgraded apart from weapons, if your only doing low keys then your not in any rush to upgrade those items anwway
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Still hasn’t got me to do m+
    And it shouldn't. The valor system is designed to fill holes in your gear. If you're not already running m+ there's not a lot of incentive to do so now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Wowhead says that 5000 is the maximum cap for the entire season with an extension of 750 each week. This means that if you earn 5000 VP the first week then you’re only able to earn 750 VP the next week.

    The cap which was removed, was a cap of how many VP a character could hold at one time.
    Until cleared up by blizzard I will trust the information that says it is a weekly cap. Mistakes can be made but trusting a third party over the source it generally looked on poorly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
    So I cannot realistically gear my alts at all then.
    How did people have alts before Valor??? so unrealistic

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    To be fair, I wouldn't trust the wording of Blizzard. There have been many examples of their lack of communication skills.

    I still don't believe the cap reset each week. I hope it will, but knowing Blizzard I'm pretty certain it wont. So my bet is that we only will be able to earn 750 VP next week if we earn 5000 this week. But I hope I'm wrong.
    Not liking what blizzard says does not mean they communicate poorly. Blizzard are usually good communicators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  13. #93
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,205
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    And it shouldn't. The valor system is designed to fill holes in your gear. If you're not already running m+ there's not a lot of incentive to do so now.
    Indeed.
    {10char}

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    How did people have alts before Valor??? so unrealistic
    Seriously.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    If you're in a guild or have a regular group to play with, sure.

    As someone who bought the game 2 weeks ago and is playing catch-up on their own for the time being (so basically an alt), these valor points just F'd me in the A. Can't get into any low level mythic +'s anymore. They are all being filled by people who far out-gear the dungeon who are just looking to speed farm valor points. Pre valor-points no one in 215+ gear could give a sht about +2s and 3s.

    Guess I have to bite the bullet and actually search for a guild or something because it's pretty pointless to try on my own now.
    Counter-argument:Run your own key and get a free carry from those guys like everyone else is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I would suggest you get your information from more reliable sources like Blizzard themself with the patch notes. The post you quoted from me was word for word the patch notes regarding valor from Blizzard's website for patch 9.0.5 dated March 8, 2021 (you know 3 days ago). If you need to read the words (that I copied from their website directly) where it clearly states it "will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week" feel free to click the link HERE and read for yourself. There is no mention of a SEASON anywhere in that at all. Unless/until more dungeons are released, there are only 8 mythic+ you can run and each one of them will contain the exact same gear throughout the entire expansion. The only thing that will increase, assuming more dungeons besides the "mega dungeon" aren't added, would be the item level of the items in the current mythic+ dungeons to match the current raid gear item level. When valor was being messed around with on the PTR it had a weekly earned max (was 750 per week) and total carried max (was starting out at 1500 and increased to 8750 before stopping to increase). They removed the total carried max and simply added a new total max held which starts at 5000 and increases every week by 750.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/valor-c...h-9-0-5-321239

    here is blue post explaining why it starts at 5k instead on 750, they do not mention season but i think the wording is clear enough to see its just first week that have high cap

  16. #96
    Pandaren Monk Swampmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Counter-argument:Run your own key and get a free carry from those guys like everyone else is?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53066166

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    That doesn't change, at all, what I said. All you've done is presented an anecdotal, edge case, scenario.... which doesn't change the fact that having VP makes it easier to gear alts even in your scenario.
    And you didn't present anything but your own anecdote either so...(actually wasn't even anecdote, just an opinion with no substance lol)....your facts aren't facts at all.

    Edit: Please see the post below this for more evidence that what I'm seeing is not some edge-case scenario and that you're wrong.
    Last edited by Swampmoose; 2021-03-11 at 08:49 PM.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Yeah, it should scale with difficulty. Ilvl does, not reason why this shouldn't as well. Even +5 valor per key level would make a difference, though imo +10/lvl would be optimal.
    The side effect is that the quality of pug has improved dramatically. From getting applicants that were sub 200 ilvl on my alt I am suddenly getting 210 to 220s. This is for 4 and a 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  18. #98
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeznuts View Post
    So I cannot realistically gear my alts at all then. I mean if a weapon is 1k, and some other pieces are a few hundred, i basically cannot make a mistake and level up a piece, only to get a better piece in the weekly cache. Pretty ridiculous way of capping valor imo. They need to change that to at least be capped per week or something, not total for expansion.
    What does "realistically gear my alts at all " mean in your world? You cannot get them into mythic raids or mythic +15 within 2 weeks of hitting lv 60 or what?


    ...and in what system yould you ever achieve what you call "realistically gear my alts at all "? Apparently ppl bitched and moaned that Artifact and Azerite powers restricted them from "realistically gear my alts at all " in the past. Or "insert whatever the current capped currency of this x-pac is that I must bitch about"

  19. #99
    I am Murloc! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    5,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/valor-c...h-9-0-5-321239

    here is blue post explaining why it starts at 5k instead on 750, they do not mention season but i think the wording is clear enough to see its just first week that have high cap
    You literally posted a link to a wowhead article of the exact words I shared I got from Blizzard from a Blizzard post on the official Blizzard forums that said exactly that. Nowhere doe it say season cap or refer to anything other than 5000 cap the first week and the cap being increased each week by 750. They even removed the 1500 valor limit someone can have at any time.....

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You literally posted a link to a wowhead article of the exact words I shared I got from Blizzard from a Blizzard post on the official Blizzard forums that said exactly that. Nowhere doe it say season cap or refer to anything other than 5000 cap the first week and the cap being increased each week by 750. They even removed the 1500 valor limit someone can have at any time.....
    maybe read it whole and not just the part with numbers?

    "As we’ve tested and iterated on the changes in patch 9.0.5, we’ve concluded that Valor for Mythic Keystone Dungeon gear would benefit from an immediate kickstart, so we’re adjusting the configuration of Valor caps. This currency is being added well into Shadowlands Season 1, so we want to pace it as though it’s been available for several weeks, giving players a large measure of gear catch-up capacity from the start."

    i mean if you dont understand that just wait till reset and see for yourself but i think its REAAAALY HARD to understand it in any other way than the cap is seasonal and start on 5000 instead of 750 first week just to catch up...

    btw, riddle me this: if the 5k cap was weekly not seasonal WHY would they increase it the next week? they would just set it at some fix amount and leave it there...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-03-11 at 09:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •