Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Burst is vital for literally any key level unless you are doing keys below your skill level.

The fact that you wont use 5 minutes to read previous discussions means i cba to explain the rest of the discussion to you
    The data doesn't back that up at all. Literally this is your opinion vs mountains of statistical data. I don't need you to explain. You're demonstrably wrong lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    I might just be a old hand then. To me casual is time played not the level of skill of a player. I've met 2 hour a week glads that I consider casual.
    Once upon a time “casualty” was primarily defined based on how much you played rather than the type or content you did while playing.

Maybe today it’s different, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    My dude. You only have to do a +2 to get a piece you can upgrade.

If your position is that you only ever want to do Mythic 0 and WQs then it's 100% self-imposed limitation. What are the devs supposed to do for somebody who literally refuses to engage in any content whatsoever?

Where do we draw the line? If somebody wants to just run laps around Oribos because they think WQs are too hardcore, are we supposed to reward them with gear based on the number of laps they've completed?

It's just an insanely obstinate position. Get a grip lol.
    Dude I’m all in for the race laps in Oribos XD

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    The data doesn't back that up at all. Literally this is your opinion vs mountains of statistical data. I don't need you to explain. You're demonstrably wrong lol.
    What data doesnt back it up?

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...MythicLevel=99

Look at this. +15 and up. What are the most popular dps classes?

Exactly. The classes with insane burst.

What statistical data is it that isnt backing up what i said exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean, dude, are you saying that getting those 2 emblems a day from random dungeon was a good way to get full gear at a current ilvl?
    Sure, you did get epics. Epics comparable to WQ epics now.
    geting those emblems gave people reason to log in , fool around a bit and have fun in game.

atm people have 0 incentives to log in into game

those people never wanted to do hardcore content like raiding and m+ - they were always perfecly happy fooling around in random hc dungeons.

once blizzard took it away from them they all left game.

those peopel were more then happy with just farming wq and emmisaries for TF gear each day .

now those people are gone - and only ones left are toxic raiders.

lets see how raiders sustain wow by themselves. and what blizzard will cut out of game in next patches because their management will put even less resources into dying game.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

now those people are gone - and only ones left are toxic raiders.
    being raider is toxic? nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Well, from my point of view, complete SL is purely designed for casual players ? The player and his effort is nearly completly removed from gearing and char progression. You can do more stuff to fill your GV lottery, but 1 m+ oder 3 raidbosses are anough to get good gear overtime.

A player that do 1 +10 a week and is not doing anything more, can have 220 ilvl like a heroic raider. 1 of my alts is doing exactly this, doing some calling stuff, 1m+ per week and got 217 ilvl. timeeffort with those wq stuff: ~3 hours a week. Without that wq stuff it would be ~45 minutes per week.
    this is really casual friendly.

And if you want to spend more time, you can grind anima for (my opinion: useless) cosmetics.

SL is really unfriendly to "hardcore-players", there is nearly nothing u can do to improve your charpower if you spend more time. You can do 10 m+ and 10 raidbosses a week as a pve player, thats it. And with bad luck you wont have better gear than a dude that plays 1 m+ a week.
    what this is ... is ... boring

boring like hell.

anyone playing like this needs help. honestly.

to log in into game , play for 30 minutes and log out till next week is abysmal gameplay .

it attracts only most addicted wow players.

anyone sane would just unsub and go play something else. because hwy do that when next patch will reset gear and you will have no use of this gear. not even for WQ.

boring like hell.

to log in into game , play for 30 minutes and log out till next week is abysmal gameplay .

anyone sane would just unsub and go play something else. because hwy do that when next patch will reset gear and you will have no use of this gear. not even for WQ.
    Well that was one of the "big claims" from bfa. "pls no char progression behind grind" "i want to raidlog and play something else" "etc".

im not playing like this, but a lot of ppl demanded it. Basically, if you are not into pvp, u can do 4-10 m+ and 10 raidbosses a week. thats all useful you can do füor your main char, and yes its really boring. i just wanted to point out, that sl is really casual friendly, do 1 m+ and/or kill at least 3 bosses, and get with some luck real good gear with nealy 0 time effort.

i loved the times of wf/tf, every dungeon had the chance to drop something useful, every raid, lfr, norm, hc had the chance to drop something useful for your char. hell even world-items got that potential....

Mainchar: /played 26 days on max ilvl 224
    twink: /played ~ 5 days on max, ilvl 217

corrected 3 to 5 dyas, but boreghast included, no boosts or boe items involved. and most of the m+ pugged.
    Last edited by Bee76; 2021-03-11 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Forget about casuals. Every aspect of SL is broken, but only hardcore endgame gets fixes. Casuals aren't needed in this game anymore.

1) Torghast isn't self-sustained content. It doesn't have reward structure. Same problem, as with Isle Expeditions. You can do it for legendary. But if you don't need legendary, then only option is - doing it just for the sake of doing it.
    2) WQs are only needed for anima, but anima grind is just rep grind 2.0. And I wasn't doing rep grinds exactly because they were unrewarding. Anima grind is even worse. It's considered xpack-wide grind. And therefore it suffers from BFA's syndrome. I.e. you can't do it on alts. And doing it on main only is pointless.
    3) Only option remaining - to level alts. But it's so called "unlimited" content, i.e. not time-gated. It causes burning out, if it's way too tedious. And it's tedious without flying.
    If you are casual

Go play minesweeper.

- - - Updated - - -

boring like hell.

Any sane person would see your a moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Thread about valor use for casuals"
    "Wow is dead INSTANTLY changes it to a completly other topic"

You serious?

1) torghast does have a reward structure, legendary and a few cosmetics, after that you can ignore it, the most casual thing literally ever, you can just stop doing it if you want.
    2) anima... and gear... and rep... and gold... and profession items... and pet... and funny arnt you the same person who was complaining about not being able to get enoguh anima, now your admiting you just dont even try to get it?
    3) well wait a couple weeks/months and yo uwill have flying, maybe play another game, dont tty to play wow 12 hours a day every day and get mad there aint enough content. you can level through tons of different ways, normal campaign, threads of fate, dungeons, pvp, pet battles even.

- - - Updated - - -

yes.. yes they can... they can literally still do a m10 key each week and wait for the vault, what is stopping them that was suddenly added in 9.0.5?

- - - Updated - - -

??? You can gear up with casual pvp too, get conquest and buy 200 ilvl gear, simply from doing random battlegrounds, random epic battle grounds, areana skirmish, and the weekly brawl, you will be full 200 ilvl in no time.
    I don't do pvp

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I don't do pvp
    you dont do ANY pvp? not even random battlegrounds etc.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you dont do ANY pvp? not even random battlegrounds etc.
    I used to do some random bgs until a few years ago. But I got bored of it. I basically only world content. With occasional dungeons during bonus events.

Are people on this thread seriously suggesting that they should get good gear by doing actually nothing? xd unreal, the entitlement on this lazy community is amazing, yeah guys just go do some random heroic dungeons and upgrade that gear all the way to 220 in a week, as if blizzard would ever implement a stupid system like this again (cause yeah titanforging made this possible, rightfully dead).

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Q. So how does a casual obtain high end gear?
    A. Before 9.0.5 - by doing their M10 key each week and waiting for the vault each week.
    A. After 9.0.5 - they can't.
    Casuals don't do m10 so the situation is the same as before.

Let's say that they did do a 10. They would be able to do it. They would use their own key because they have it now and they make their own group which will be far superior than any they could make or join before.

There are only imaginary problems here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What data doesnt back it up?

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...MythicLevel=99

Look at this. +15 and up. What are the most popular dps classes?

Exactly. The classes with insane burst.

What statistical data is it that isnt backing up what i said exactly?
    My dude. Imagine linking me a dataset that proves my point for me.

What you have linked here demonstrates that certain classes are more popular when doing keys above +15. I agree - there is a meta, and people gravitate towards certain classes because their kit is better and/or it's easier to find a group in a meta spec. I never said that every spec is as good or viable as every other spec.

What I said was that it was possible to complete +15 and up keys in every DPS spec. In this dataset, every single DPS spec is represented, which literally proves that you can do a +15 in every DPS spec.

Did you look at this link before you took the dub, or do you just not understand the shit you're linking at all? Legit I'm embarrassed for you. Full body cringe.

I'll even go a step further. My original link was shit. When I went back to look at it, I realised that what I'd linked actually just showed the average log percentages for each spec. Your link is so much better for demonstrating my point. Many thanks.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-03-12 at 12:12 AM.

Not any more, last week I got 10+ gear, next week 9+, next week 8+ etc...

- - - Updated - - -

The key deteriorates over time. That's what has changed.
    The key deteriorates only if you're not good enough. If you're not good enough you don't deserve the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Why wouldn't they want to get better gear? Casual doesn't mean they don't do high level stuff, just means they don't do a lot of it.

I'd like to do 4 or 5 M+ a week, but generally only find people to do 0 or 1 a week.
    Casual does not mean that at all. Casual means they do casual content. If you spend 40 hours a week doing WQ vs someone who spends 4 hours a week doing m10 them the guy who does m10 is more hardcore then the WQer.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why on earth reward it ?
    To encourage people who do want it to try different ways to get it. What sort of question is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I mean I would consider myself a casual now. Yet I get a 15 each week with some friends from my old raid team.

Problem is I don't have KSM or even Keystone Explorer because they hate running Sanguine Depths.

So... Not quite imaginary just annoying since I can't upgrade my gear due to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You could not get bis items for badges in Wrath. Only the 10man hc ones. And that took like literally 1 month for 1 item.
    I suggest you to revisit badge vendors from wrath. Yes, it was changed halfway when we got the new heroic mode, but before that, you could buy 2 pieces of tier set, and a couple of top ilevel items. They were maybe not bis, as I told to the other guy clearly and you ignored it, but it was top, highest raid difficulty ilevel item. It was ilevel 213 in Naxx times, it was ilevel 226 in ulduar times. And then again: crafting, Archavon + his buddies etc. You had a chance to do easy activities and get raid quality ilevel gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Are people on this thread seriously suggesting that they should get good gear by doing actually nothing? xd unreal, the entitlement on this lazy community is amazing, yeah guys just go do some random heroic dungeons and upgrade that gear all the way to 220 in a week, as if blizzard would ever implement a stupid system like this again (cause yeah titanforging made this possible, rightfully dead).
    Oh look, the resident hyperbole guy is here!

The only difference between a Heroic and a +2 is the timer. Everything else is pretty negligible. As an extreme casual, I already have more than 500 valor without paying attention. I used to hear "Mythic +" and freak out thinking it was some god-tier stuff a casual like myself could never accomplish. Turns out, everything up to about +5 is really just the edgelord version of a Heroic. That's it. I promise if you run a Mythic 0 with someone, you will see there is nothing complicated about it, and you get to learn the tiny nuances without the threat of a timer, which in most cases is 30-40 minutes anyway and most heroics are done in like 20. It's just part of the game, and it's time to stop being afraid of the content as a casual. The right guild, and the right friends make every run super easy and kinda fun... even for a mog/mount hunter like me who doesn't raid anything but LFR every other week.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

3) Only option remaining - to level alts.
    Which also gets ruined by knowing that at the next xpac all your leveling was for nil as they will be back at 50....

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    The only difference between a Heroic and a +2 is the timer. Everything else is pretty negligible. As an extreme casual, I already have more than 500 valor without paying attention. I used to hear "Mythic +" and freak out thinking it was some god-tier stuff a casual like myself could never accomplish. Turns out, everything up to about +5 is really just the edgelord version of a Heroic. That's it. I promise if you run a Mythic 0 with someone, you will see there is nothing complicated about it, and you get to learn the tiny nuances without the threat of a timer, which in most cases is 30-40 minutes anyway and most heroics are done in like 20. It's just part of the game, and it's time to stop being afraid of the content as a casual. The right guild, and the right friends make every run super easy and kinda fun... even for a mog/mount hunter like me who doesn't raid anything but LFR every other week.
    its not . but its also not worth runing for a lot of people and VP is not changing that.

we just had discussion about this in our guild after 1 social left after throwing a tantrum . why ? probably because he read on forums bout how guilds run with peopel 24/7 and in reality nobody in our guild wants either to farm VP or run keys lower then 10 and if its in prime time , and if many raiders would come - even though we are super casual . because its simply not worth it .

so people read those advices and then are super dissapointed because reality of majrity guilds is it consist of adoults very busy with their lives - not having time to carry casuals and very often playing at odd hours with half of raid only logging in for raid and playing other games between.

only 2 people have KSM in our guild - rest is not even remotely interested in getting it. so nobody has real reason to farm even singular VP.

so pugging it is .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Which also gets ruined by knowing that at the next xpac all your leveling was for nil as they will be back at 50....
    yup . thats the reason why i stopped levelign alts after blizzard stolen my over 2000 levels i had on my army of alts.