[Classic] Corpse in the world (of warcraft)

So I always wanted to be able to tell if its worth rezzing random corpses in the world. Looked for an addon that would aid me in that task, but with no succes. So I tried to make an WA aura that would do that, but it turn out is lil bit trickier than initially i though.
    Basically the only way I can think of, to tell whether or not given corpse is "online" is to do a /who xyz, with that xyz ofc being corpses name.
    Tried to do it via mouseover whisper but again, object (corpse) return error saying that it cant find player named "unknown".
    Was thinking if its possible to make a script that would take name from mouseover objects tooltip and cut off "Corpse of xyz" and just whisper zyx.
    Game responding with either whisper or error would then tell if player is online, then i could make a WA out of that output.
    Would be great to avoid senselessly spending mana and time on rezzing corpse that's not online. I am not a coder so maybe here someone could help or got any idea how to achieve this.

Any idea? :3 Ideally I'd like that incorporated in VA.