Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Monuments Men.

Expectations where something a la Ocean's Eleven but in a WW2 setting, even if it was based (slightly) on real world events.

It's a weird film, pacing is strange and there's never really any setup or payoff for any of the scenes.

I've left a couple of times because of other stuff but I've never thrown a fit over a movie and made a statement with my exit lol.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    none. I go and watch movies that I know I will like so why would I walk out of them.

When I was young my parents made us leave the XFiles movie. When I was a teen my brother hated The Mist so much he made us leave as well.

Bonus points for buying tickets to a different movie and walking into 40 Year Old Virgin when I was 16 and getting caught and booted?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Just two in my 50 years of watching movies ....

Aliens (1986) and Star Wars: Phantom Menace (1999).

In both cases I would have happily paid the entry fee again just to leave, but thankfully didn't have to.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL - one of my top 5 favourite movies, watched once for the eye candy - then the story caught my attention.
    Hold up...you walked out of a masterpiece like Aliens, but stayed for the shitfest that was Sucker Punch? Wow. That's like sending back a steak from a the world's greatest chef, and asking for a plate of dog food instead.

Cutthroat Island (1995)

On Tuesdays we used to have a mystery movie from the upcoming premiers - so a bit of a gamble, but you would be the first one to watch a movie coming out 2-3 days ahead of everyone else. You would get a hint during the day via Twitter, but you still wouldn't be able to guess it 100%. A friend and I walked out of one of those when it turned out to be a local filmhouse movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Hold up...you walked out of a masterpiece like Aliens, but stayed for the shitfest that was Sucker Punch? Wow. That's like sending back a steak from a the world's greatest chef, and asking for a plate of dog food instead.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe if it was Alien 3 or Alien resurrection, but the first 2 were amazing.

I can understand the phantom menace too.

---

As for me, I never walk out of movies, cause I spoil myself first (since spoilers dont bother me) to see if the movie is worth going to watch in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Ditto.
    Although I'm curious as to why anyone would walk out on Aliens. I lost count of the time I went to the cinema to watch and rewatch it.

Deadpool, but from no fault of the movie. There were a group of 7 or 8 of what could be best described as the "weird kids" you'd find in any high school there, who would all laugh at max volume literally every line Deadpool said. Not an exaggeration. It was

Every.

Single.

Line.

Couldn't take it after about 5 min and left. Only time I've had to leave a movie. Plus, a couple of them were on their phones at what seemed like max brightness too, and they were sitting near the front of the theater too. So it lit up the whole place.

I was dragged to watch The Nun. My sisters know I love the 2 Conjuring movies, and they assured me The Nun would be good and against my better judgement, I followed them. Didn't pay for myself though.

I said "You stay here, I'll go home. I'm never trusting yous twos again" after about 20 minutes. I was not the only one to leave.

Jesus Christ, how does something like that even get produced.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    He surely don't got a reputation for common sense around here. I wouldn't be surprised if that carried out to art taste as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post

Maybe if it was Alien 3 or Alien resurrection, but the first 2 were amazing.

I can understand the phantom menace too.

---

As for me, I never walk out of movies, cause I spoil myself first (since spoilers dont bother me) to see if the movie is worth going to watch in theaters.
    Alien 3 was ok, it was just a different movie than Aliens, which was also quite different than Alien.

Alien resurrection was garbage. A pathetic attempt to reboot.

Phantom Menace was surely not a masterpiece. But it was the cinema return of the franchise after 16+years, so, despite its lack of quality (minus the CGI, which was top notch back then), i cannot imagine a fan leaving the movie in the middle. Even if they stayed so they can berate it, like i did with Rise of Skywalker.
    /spit@Blizzard

Walked out of Fast and Furious 7, cinema had sound issues throughout. Other than that never and I've seen some dreadful films.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    Deadpool, but from no fault of the movie. There were a group of 7 or 8 of what could be best described as the "weird kids" you'd find in any high school there, who would all laugh at max volume literally every line Deadpool said. Not an exaggeration. It was

Every.

Single.

Line.

Couldn't take it after about 5 min and left. Only time I've had to leave a movie. Plus, a couple of them were on their phones at what seemed like max brightness too, and they were sitting near the front of the theater too. So it lit up the whole place.
    I guess it doesn't count. It was not the movie that made you go, just some disrespecting brats.
    /spit@Blizzard

Hold up...you walked out of a masterpiece like Aliens,
    Neither Aliens nor Sucker Punch is a masterpiece, however Aliens was boring, repetitive and uninteresting.

Sucker Punch was unique, had a great story, covered some deep philosophical territory and had eye candy for the icing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The last TWO (recent) Star Wars movies, I've left the theatre. It's not because I'm some hardcore Star Wars fan or anything like that. I just GENERALLY despised the writing, the lack of any real "new" story, and its predictability. /shrug The worst part is, I genuinely enjoy cinema, and seeing new movies. #RIPCovid

Never walked out on a movie.

I only go and watch stuff i'm eager to watch anyway. Only exception was a crazy summer in my early twenties where me and some friends bought a monthly subscription to a cinema plex for like €12~ and went daily, seeing every movie available, but even with a couple of horrible movies, never walked out.

I did fall asleep once, though.

Never walked out, but I slept through big chunks of the new Lion King remake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've walked out on one movie but I honestly don't remember the name of it because it was that bad. Its been a good year and some since I last been to a theater but I'm not walking out on $10-15 (also why I don't go to the theater for just any old movie).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Pearl Harbour. Absolute shitshow of a film, the manager clocked my friend and I walking out long before the film was done and offered us tickets to a largely empty viewing of A Knights Tale that was on its final week instead.

A vastly superior film.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.