Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Neither Aliens nor Sucker Punch is a masterpiece, however Aliens was boring, repetitive and uninteresting.

Sucker Punch was unique, had a great story, covered some deep philosophical territory and had eye candy for the icing.
    That description literally doesn't have any relationship to Aliens. Sucker Punch was about as deep a puddle, featured a story that sucked ass, and was filled with "eye candy" only if you're very easily impressed by CGI. Nice job being completely wrong about both movies though?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I walk out of every movie at the cinema...... after the movie is done.
    Hoho, I chuckled.

My kind of humour!

Did not walk out.

But took a very long bathroom break after the Last Jedi scene of a Star Destroyer that actually was a iron.
    At that point i known that this movie was just trying to be spaceball and just make jokes instead of being a Star Wars sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That description literally doesn't have any relationship to Aliens.
    Yeah I don't believe that was "Aliens" either. I mean the slowest part of the movie was the first 15mins or so.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    a Star Destroyer that actually was a iron
    ...what?

I have no idea what that means, but seems strange to get upset about the shape of an Imperial ship of all things.

Never walked out of one, but a few "almosts" or notable ones:

The Blair Witch Project almost made me sick, but alcohol earlier that night may have been indirectly involved. It was a LOT of screen shaking though.
    The Grinch (2018), was the first time I was checking my watch during a movie. Of course I was there because kids, but I'm usually entertained by kids movies, more or less.
    I kind of remember Gattaca being disappointing, but iirc it was a date, and not a good date movie to say the least.
    Oh and Sin City gave me a pretty good headache. It was good, just kind of beat me up.

@s_bushido : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCGschgLUPI
    Needless to say, tone was one of the myriad issues of that film.
    Last edited by -Zo-; 2021-03-14 at 04:45 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That description literally doesn't have any relationship to Aliens. Sucker Punch was about as deep a puddle, featured a story that sucked ass, and was filled with "eye candy" only if you're very easily impressed by CGI. Nice job being completely wrong about both movies though?
    That should tell you enough of his perception abilities, be it art or otheerwise.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by -Zo- View Post
    @s_bushido : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCGschgLUPI
    Needless to say, tone was one of the myriad issues of that film.
    Oh. I thought he was talking about an actual ship...and not just a comedic shot of an iron.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Final Fantasy movie. It was so boring. I am surprised I didn't fall asleep. The people who worked at the theater did not seem surprised that I walked out of it. I think I am going to watching it tomorrow while I am working to see if it still seems really awful. Sounds like everyone thought it was awful.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_...Spirits_Within
    People were really expecting the FF movie to be more along the lines of FF9 or 10. There were no swords or magic. They could have basically called this movie anything else and it would have done better.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spider-Man 3. When Peter went Emo i walked out, it was just that bad.

I also had to briefly walk out of "Bringing Out the Dead" because the way it was shot gave me motion sickness and i didn't want to throw up.

I mean you would get a refund so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. I think we walked out of a movie once when we were teenagers me and my friends because it was too packed and we just walked right into another theater and sat down and watched whatever was playing.

I also never walked out of a movie. I paid for it, so even if it sucks big time, I need to watch it till the very end. So later on I can destroy it properly when discussing it with my friends

But there were movies so dissapointing that made me stop going to theater in general.

First one, Geostorm. I took my wife for it (it was a surprise) since she loves catastrophic genre. And all the special effects for a catastrophical events were scarce and previously displayed in the trailer. That ruined my surprise for her and pissed me off. To the point where the next movie I went to a theater to see was Joker, 2 years later. That one restored my faith in Hollywood. But 2 months later I saw The Rise of Skywalker and that was my final farewell to theaters.

10+ Year Old Account
    God Sucker Punch was terrible, I didn't see it in theaters so I didn't have to walk out, just turn it off.

Most of the time I'm seeing something crappy in the theater its because somebody dragged me to see it so I can't just leave. Several movies that have been mentioned here I had to sit through, no idea how I made it to the end of Ultraviolet that was painful from the get go.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    God Sucker Punch was terrible, I didn't see it in theaters so I didn't have to walk out, just turn it off.

Most of the time I'm seeing something crappy in the theater its because somebody dragged me to see it so I can't just leave. Several movies that have been mentioned here I had to sit through, no idea how I made it to the end of Ultraviolet that was painful from the get go.
    I saw sucker punch at home and really liked the fantasy action scenes, but the rest didn't really do much for me. What I can't understand is that people actually argue that it is philosophical somehow, every message it tries to convey is so on the nose and obvious that it's obnoxious. Don't think I'd ever pay to see it in a cinema.

Don't think I've ever walked out of a movie, as I usually wait on reliable reviews before going, and if I ever did, the movie was so bad that I can't even remember it.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

I was very close with downsizing... god that movie sucked.

The only time I walked out of a movie was many many years back. We bought a ticket for one show but I just wasn't interested in watching it. I and another friend left it to watch another movie in the next screen room while the others stayed back to watch the movie.