Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    its called survival cause it's based off survivalists in the wild. aka laying traps and sitting in camouflage and making shit with leaves. i dont think many hunters run around face tanking bears and deers.
    And how many hunters do you think are running around with tamed dinosaurs and tamed pink elephants?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keyone01 View Post
    The only time survival managed to achieve something in pve was to beat mm in amount of parses during uldir. You know, that broken version of mm that no one played, with trueshot giving you 1 charge of aimed shot and the only kinda working st build ignoring half of abilities to buff aimed shot dmg.

Pvp is another story - giving msv strong utility talents not obtainable for other specs done its job and artificially pumped participation numbers.
    Sure. Except for those other patches where it was still beating both marks and bm. But i guess we can just pretend those patches never existed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Sure. Except for those other patches where it was still beating both marks and bm. But i guess we can just pretend those patches never existed, right?
    Question was about popularity of the spec, feel free to prove me wrong.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/10 - first tier of sv being melee, sort by amount of parses - you will quickly see the pattern by going to our times

edit: funnily enough, mm barely beat in popularity msv even in uldir so... yeah.

Yes, there were times when playing msv could be better than other specs (soloing ghuun orb on mythic after change, guldan m, i'm pretty sure msv was also better to play in crucible m after the change to not be PITA for melee), but it was always better to bring other melees due to raid cds, buffs, utility and (ironically) survivalibity, be range and do mechanics for your raid without sacrificing dps or... reroll to better range because possible muldidot spec fantasy was buried in favour of discount bm throwing grenades in his face.

Yes, yes, bombs are currently uncapped - enjoy your special privilage, soon most specs will be :P
    Last edited by keyone01; 2021-10-17 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    has at any point the current population of Melee hunters been more or much than the lowest level of Survival hunters when it was ranged?

Popularity does equal more people happen than not though... (kinda important in a product don't ya think?)
    Players will totally play something they find unfun if it's flavor of the month, though. And in reverse they'll avoid "meme" specs they've heard are bad in competitive content even if they've tried it and liked it.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Players will totally play something they find unfun if it's flavor of the month, though. And in reverse they'll avoid "meme" specs they've heard are bad in competitive content even if they've tried it and liked it.
    even when it was the flavor of the month in Legion I hear people didn't flock to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    even when it was the flavor of the month in Legion I hear people didn't flock to it.
    They probably won't flock to it either way unless it's really OP.
    But it wasn't really FOTM in Legion either.
    You got a slightly better DPS spec for tunneling on bosses and gave up everything else pretty much.
    It was extremely hard to play "perfectly" and weren't even properly rewarded for it.

The spec was an absolute mess in Legion.
    Cooldowns, didn't line up, dots and maintenance buffs had all significantly different durations. You maintained like 4 dots and 2 buffs, each of them applied differently and from different skills. No one wanted to play that messy thing, especially since other classes had such an easy time with most things.
    Shadowlands at least made SV more streamlined and easier to play (especially the mongoose-version). It's way more enjoyable. No idea about BFA.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-17 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    They should just turn it into a Dark Ranger spec instead.
    agreed, just gut the whole thing and start from scratch.