Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    hunter isnt fit for tanking thought and i dare to say that there is better options for tanks out there (like shamans for example). Besides, more tank speccs wont mean more people will play tanks for that matter. let hunters be hunters, we have ranged and we have meele, at most they should allow survival to dual wield but thats it (and add a talent option to go ranged surv if youd like so people can choose if they wanna play meele surv or ranged surv)
    N.B. The reason you see so many ill-fitting and crazy rework suggestions for the Hunter class is because when Blizzard made SV melee they signalled that no idea was bad or costly enough to try. That means every idiot with a repulsive Hunter rework suggestion dumps them on the Hunter forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    N.B. The reason you see so many ill-fitting and crazy rework suggestions for the Hunter class is because when Blizzard made SV melee they signalled that no idea was bad or costly enough to try. That means every idiot with a repulsive Hunter rework suggestion dumps them on the Hunter forums.
    yep, like i get people have different ideas and opinions but it seems that the requests to change the hunter class is starting to get more outlandish for each year. If anyone went to the paladin forums saying that Ret should be turned into a ranged specc, youd probably be laughed at. yet when it comes hunter people seem to be fine to tack on whatever wierd concept on it jsut beacuse its a hunter, but they wouldnt do it on another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    I feel like most people who hate melee Survival don't actually play it.
    This seems generally true. Melee SV is considered one of the most fun melee specs AFAIK.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    This seems generally true. Melee SV is considered one of the most fun melee specs AFAIK.
    Well, yeah. People who don't like melee SV tend to not play it. On account of not liking it. What an observation.

P.S. Whether or not a spec is fun is entirely subjective so saying that spec is "considered to be fun" as an authoritative statement is fallacious.

I think they should base survival hunter on Javellin/Spear Amazon from Diablo 2. In that talent tree, Amazon had mixtures of both melee and ranged spear attacks. That could allow us play ranged survival again (with unique spear throwing fantasy) and also leave MSV for those who care.

we can only wait and see with how hunters will look in DF. i saw that there were discussions on the community council where people discussed the option to give surv and bm a talent which lets them choose to be ranged or meele, and at this point this would probably be the best way to do it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I seem to remember enjoying it a little bit while it was melee. The problem was that I struggled to figure out the right rotation for it. Honestly, I think a Melee BM option would work well too, to really build the fantasy of fighting side-by-side with your animal companion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is too lazy and too incompetent to rework the spec. Maybe with the new talent system we can make a "meme" range survival and meme that into existence as a real spec for the next expansion.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.