Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Survival revamp inevitable?

It's been a while we don't discuss it, so why not?
    Survival is a failure, evidence is undeniable and it hasn't stood the test of time and minor iterations throughout BfA and SL. I haven't seen one in ages, they're the bottom of the barrel in any statistical survey, even with decent dps (which doesn't happen). Hunters hate it or simply ignore it. Even the devs ignore it completely.
    Is it inevitable that we get our 3rd spec back at 10.0? It's gonna be definitely the time for class revamps (and this one is absolutely the most needed), IF they insist on not making a new class.

Actually, it's doesn't need a big revamp, just some tweaking, but since blizzard don't really know what to do with it, then....

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    Survival is a failure, evidence is undeniable and it hasn't stood the test of time and minor iterations throughout BfA and SL. I haven't seen one in ages, they're the bottom of the barrel in any statistical survey, even with decent dps (which doesn't happen). Hunters hate it or simply ignore it. Even the devs ignore it completely.
    Is it inevitable that we get our 3rd spec back at 10.0? It's gonna be definitely the time for class revamps (and this one is absolutely the most needed), IF they insist on not making a new class.
    No. Blizzard doesn't revamp specs that no one plays. It's a waste of resources and blizzard will never revert it to ranged. They are too stubborn to admit they are wrong. The best that the 17 people who play survival can expect is a gradual change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

One idea I saw thrown around was melee Survival based on Aspects. I think it's a pretty cool idea. So, supposedly more animal strikes, with venoms moving to BM and bombs/traps moving to MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    One idea I saw thrown around was melee Survival based on Aspects. I think it's a pretty cool idea. So, supposedly more animal strikes, with venoms moving to BM and bombs/traps moving to MM.
    Nah, that could be a whole new class.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No. Blizzard doesn't revamp specs that no one plays. It's a waste of resources and blizzard will never revert it to ranged. They are too stubborn to admit they are wrong. The best that the 17 people who play survival can expect is a gradual change.
    Doesn’t make sense. Nobody plays it for obvious reasons, but people would definitely play it if it goes back to full ranged and it’s putting decent numbers

Nah, that could be a whole new class.
    What makes you say that? Aspects and strikes like Mongoose Bite and Raptor Strike are well-established Hunter abilities.

Since Blizzard doesn't care, no, they won't change anything in 10.0.
    The Devs don't just ignore SV, they basically ignore everything.
    Did you see how long it took them to fix covenants for hunters? And they are still not even remotely enough balanced (at least 2 of them are, yay) and it really doesn't require a whole lot to get them in line to each other to a reasonable level.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-12 at 06:33 AM.

Have it range again please like before

In 2v2 arena, where survival is very strong you see it more than MM or BM.

If survival was strongest spec for M+ and raiding you'd see them everywhere. But if class has 3 dps specs, it's only normal lowest simming spec will be overwhelmingly less popular. How many arcane mages you see compared to fire? How many demo locks? Outlaw rogues?

That's the problem with all pure dps classes.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    In 2v2 arena, where survival is very strong you see it more than MM or BM.
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...class_filter=3

No, you don't.

And no, Survival is not just a few buffs away from being more popular than the other specs. Hunters have an aversion to playing melee and we can see this in tiers in the past where melee Survival did have favourable tuning.

Crazy thought, turn it into a tank. The reality of it ever going back to Ranged is just simply not there. I'm sure you could make an evasion based tank spec out of it and give mail a tank on that armor type.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla80 View Post
    Crazy thought, turn it into a tank. The reality of it ever going back to Ranged is just simply not there.
    What kind of reasoning convinces you that making it ranged again is unrealistic but making it a tank spec is?

I've said it since Legion beta and I'll say it again, revert it back to my favorite spec

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't need revamp...

It's a really fun spec to play. The only thing it really need right now is a bit more ST dmg and it would be a viable spec in basically all content. it's already a decent pvp spec and it's good in m+.

The thing is, it's never going to be the most play hunter spec because there is just more need for range than melee in modern wow. Most people complaining about survival just never played it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    how can blizzard be wrong lol?its a design choice they made,and they stick with it or not,there is no right or wrong scenario here

and personaly i feel survival is a very interesting spec,it just needs some numbers changed and some tweaks to its flow

My thoughts on survival is, if I wanted to play a melee spec I would play my rogues, demonhunter, furry or arms warrior, etc, etc. I don't a main a hunter but even if it was top dps, I would not play survival. If anything they should either revert it back or make it a tank spec.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

No, you don't.

And no, Survival is not just a few buffs away from being more popular than the other specs. Hunters have an aversion to playing melee and we can see this in tiers in the past where melee Survival did have favourable tuning.
    You do in high end arena's which is a good indicator it's a strong spec but less people play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So bring the evidence. The burden of proof is on you on this.

I don't get why people come to this forum citing that "The Evidence is overwhelming! X is bad!" or "Players want X", when in reality, it's "I don't like this, and need to make it sound like I'm the speakerphone for the masses."

I don't deny that there are plenty of people that don't like Survival's current itteration, but all you've provided us with as an opening statement is anecdotal evidence.

How do we know you don't really play the game much anymore? What kind of content do you involve yourself into, and do you do it purely pug, or do you have friends filling in some slots?

No, it's not inevitable for you to 'get your third spec back' because you have a third spec. It's called Survival. It took them forever to look at Shaman, and they're still tweaking it. Shadow also suffered a little in BFA, and they nailed the rework on it for SL.

Just because YOU Didn't enjoy it, doesn't nessecarily mean the vast majority don't. Keep that in mind moving forward in this and many other conversations you'll have on simmilar subjects

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

If they made survival back to old surv and not change the other two I would abandon my 3 hunters for good(until new fun changes) If they made surv a ranged spec and made it fun like how MM was last in Legion then I wouldnt mind.

As long if its fun, doesnt matter if its ranged or melee. I like surv how it plays now, but blizzard should really make mongoose bite baseline, same with flanking strike. Would free up some choices and make the rotation a bit more flavorful.

it needs a revert, not a revamp. the only people who didn't like old survival was blizzard. according to population numbers, almost no one likes current survival.