Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bepples View Post
    Yes; it's distinct via weakness which causes most people to avoid it altogether.
    Agree on this one. Survival doesn't have the numbers (and we know numbers alone can bring players to spec), survival converts a ranged slot into melee (and we already know how well it works: Feral vc Balance is a classic example), survival doesn't have any unique utility compared to the other 2 specs and it's not even much better in terms of survivability.

On top of this, instead of trying to further differentiate and actually do something with the idea they initially had, Blizzard took a weak route in SL giving SV things like Kill Shot, with again puts it further away from melee. Looks like they just don't know what to do with the spec and they can't take a firm stance on it.

There is no need to change actual survival, it will piss off again players who play the specc now.

But they can EASYLY integrate old survival ranged inside MM with talent!!!

lvl 15 - Explosive shot talent - Replace aimed shot - Old mechanic from MOP
    lvl 25 - Black arrow - Replace Barbed shot - Old mechanic from MOP
    lvl 30 - Serpent Spread (passive) - Replace for AOE - Old Mop
    lvl 35 - Chimera - Replace arcane shot - Old mechanic from MOP
    lvl 40 - .....
    lvl 45 - Cobra shot - Replace steady shot - Old Mop
    lvl 50 - Lock and Load - Old Mop - With this talent Change the mastery to Old Mop Mastery

Voilà, u got SV Mop inside MM

Or just make a Single talent that replace everything above!!!!
    Last edited by Scarnage86; 2021-04-19 at 10:00 AM.

My stance is if they are to bring back RSV , then I would rather have it as a separate 4th spec instead of breaking up the current MSV talents into a ranged version and a melee version (and yes I know MSV really doesn't have to many melee attacks to begin with). I do not think blizz would do either spec justice msv and rsv if they had to share the same talent tree. Now are there changes I would make to the current MSV tree but if you had to balance it with additional "ranged sv" talents, I don't think the result would be good.

Of course this is all assuming blizz wants to bring back RSV or are they sticking with their guns and leaving sv melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    There is no need to change actual survival, it will piss off again players who play the specc now.

lvl 40 - .....
    lvl 50 - Lock and Load - Old Mop - With this talent Change the mastery to Old Mop Mastery

They tried to put SV into MM already and failed. But this also has its own issues regardless of whether they were successful or not anyways.

Namely, it limits talent selection for both MM and old RSV fans. In order to get that playstyle, you would have to pick all of the SV talents and then be left with no room for variance to separate you from other SV hunters or further enhance your playstyle if you want to.

Likewise, it limits MM's actual talent selection too since the damage profiles of the two specs were completely different. Mixing and matching leaves you with a jumbled mess and it makes it so there are less talents that might actually appeal to MM players.

It's like trying to shove destro and aff Lock together. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense as far as gameplay is concerned, and even less sense thematically.

It would be better to just make a 4th spec rather than keep one spec removed or weaken the talent selection of two different specs.

Also as an aside, MM does not have barbed shot btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post

lvl 40 - .....

they did this in legion and if u spec'd like this your damage was complete shit and the spec played horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they did this in legion and if u spec'd like this your damage was complete shit and the spec played horribly.
    They didn't really do that at all but it's a dumb idea anyway.
    At that point you can just create a 4th spec because most of these talents wouldn't work by themselves.
    Not to mention all the missing interactions with covenants, conduits, legendaries etc. etc.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-20 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    I don't visit the official wow forums much (sub is not even active atm lol) but I do remeber I use to see quite a few posts about bringing RSV back as a 4th.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    If a fourth spec was introduced I do wonder how it would all go down, as mSV may not have to work within the constraints of SV and may be free to be its own fantasy (as someone suggested at one point, an Aspect and Strikes theme). I think it all sounds fun.
    I'm not a MSV player myself so I won't propose any changes for it based on personal preferences. Having said that, there are quite a few things that can be done to further it's theme/fantasy and how to tie all that into the wilderness aspects.

As for other players(of MSV), one of the more common requests is to add a DW-option for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    My stance is if they are to bring back RSV , then I would rather have it as a separate 4th spec instead of breaking up the current MSV talents into a ranged version and a melee version (and yes I know MSV really doesn't have to many melee attacks to begin with).
    Indeed, we should also avoid the path of attempting to merge RSV with MM. It would only serve to destroy MM in the process, and it wouldn't give us a proper version of RSV anyway.

I revisited my old concept/topic about a modern version of RSV as a fully developed 4th spec option. Changed and added a few things to further explore it's main theme/fantasy. See the full post below here for specifics:

As usual, any numbers mentioned are only here to provide further depth to the concept and are ofc subject to change.

Core Abilities

[Cobra Shot] - Instant cast
    A quick shot causing X Physical damage.

Generates 7 Focus.

[Explosive Shot] - 20 Focus - Instant cast - 10 sec recharge - 2 charges
    Fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing Fire damage. The charge will blast the target every second for an additional 4 sec.

[Black Arrow] - 30 Focus - Instant cast - 30 sec cooldown
    Fire a shot infused with dark energy at the target, dealing Shadow damage over 12 sec.

The periodic damage-effect applied by Black Arrow can be stacked up to 3 times on the same enemy.

[Serpent Sting] - 15 Focus - Instant cast
    Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take Nature damage over 15 sec.

[Arcane Shot] - 20 Focus - Instant cast
    A quick shot that causes X Arcane damage.

[Multi-Shot] - 40 Focus - Instant cast
    Fires several missiles, hitting up to 5 targets within 8 yards of your current target for X Physical damage.

Multi-Shot applies Serpent Sting to all targets hit.

[Immolation Trap] - Instant cast - 1 minute cooldown
    Hurls a fire trap to the target location that will burn the first enemy to approach for X Fire damage over 20 sec. Trap will exist for 1 min.

Class-wide abilities

[Kill Shot] - 10 Focus - Instant cast - 10 sec recharge - 1 Charge
    You attempt to finish off a wounded target, dealing X Physical damage.

Only usable on enemies with less than 20% health.

Major Cooldown

[Munition Tactics] - 20 sec duration - 2 minute cooldown.
    Increases your haste by X% and instantly triggers Lock & Load(Passive). When Explosive Shot is used during Munition Tactics, this resets the remaining cooldown of Black Arrow.

Any time Explosive Shot deals damage to a target affected by Black Arrow, during Munition Tactics, this will cause the periodic damage effect applied by Black Arrow to spread to nearby enemies as well.
    (This effect is replaced by a different passive effect when engaged in instanced PvP; If your Black Arrow is at any time dispelled or otherwise removed from an enemy target, this instantly resets the remaining cooldown of Black Arrow.)

Mastery

[Mastery Bonus: Toxicology] - Increases all non-physical damage dealt by X%, based on Mastery.

Passive Effects

[Lone Wolf] - Increases your damage by 10% when you do not have an active pet.

[Lock and Load] - Periodic damage dealt by Black Arrow and Immolation Trap have a chance to cause your next Explosive Shot to cost no Focus and trigger no cooldown.

[Trap Mastery] - Tar Trap now slows approaching enemies by an additional X%, and the effect sticks to the enemy for 3 seconds after they have left the tar.

The trigger radius as well as the radius of the effect on your Tar Trap is increased by 25%.

Freezing Trap can now be triggered manually by the hunter once placed, causing it to form a fragile Ice Block that you can stand behind to protect yourself from frontal attacks until shattered. The ice block shatters after 8 seconds or once it has sustained enough damage.
    Manually triggering it requires you to stand in close vicinity to the trap.

[Serpent’s Focus] - Using Cobra Shot several times in a row will increase the amount of Focus generated by each shot by 4. Stacking up to 3 times.

[Serpent Spread] - Targets hit by Multi-Shot are also afflicted by Serpent Sting equal to 9 sec of it’s duration.

[Exotic Munitions] - Your Auto Attacks have a chance to increase the remaining duration of either Serpent Sting, Black Arrow or Immolation Trap by 5 seconds, on an enemy affected by either of these periodic damage effects.

Utility/defensives

Includes all other abilities, such as [Tar Trap][Frost Trap][Aspect of the Turtle][Concussive Shot][Counter Shot][Tranquilizing Shot][Misdirection][Pet Utility][Exhilaration][Disengage][Feign Death], and more.

Note that I would prefer if(on a class-wide basis)

[Posthaste] - becomes a baseline effect.
    [Master’s Call] - becomes a baseline ability again.
    [Pet Specializations] - Ferocity, Tenacity, and Cunning, if they were changeable again.
    [Revive Pet] - Cast time brought down to 2 seconds again.
    [Camouflage] - becomes a baseline ability again.

Talents

– Level 15 –

[Ever Burning] - If you fire Explosive Shot into an enemy already affected by a previous charge, the remaining duration of the previous charge is refreshed as well as increased by an additional 3 seconds.

An active charge can only have a max duration of 9 seconds.

Exotic Munition-procs now also increases the remaining duration of any active Explosive Shot charges you have on the current target by 3 seconds.
    [Noxious Stings] - Increases the periodic critical damage of your Explosive Shot, Serpent Sting, and Black Arrow by 25%, and Serpent Sting now deals increased damage against targets below 30% health.
    [Fusion Shot] - (Replaces Cobra Shot) - 1.5s cast time(castable while moving) - 6 sec recharge - 2 Charges
    Fire a charged shot into the target, dealing Physical damage, triggering a volatile fusion when your next ability that deals periodic damage hits, causing it to erupt dealing additional instant damage equal to 40% of it’s total duration.

The target will take additional damage of the same type as the ability used to trigger the fusion for the next 12 sec.

Generates 25 Focus.

– Level 25 –

[Death Adder] - Serpent Sting also does instant damage equal to 30% of it’s total periodic effect. Also applies to Serpent Spread(Passive).

Every time Serpent Sting deals damage, you have a chance to gain 3 Focus.

If the passive effect “Exotic Munitions” procs while your Serpent Sting is active on the target, this also triggers the Death Adder-effect.
    [Predator] - Casting Explosive Shot, Black Arrow, and Serpent Sting reduces the Focus cost and increases the damage of your next Arcane Shot by 30%. This effect stacks.
    [Viper Venom] - Whenever Serpent Sting deals damage, there’s a chance that this can cause any other periodic damage effects you have applied to the target to instantly deal damage equal to one tick of their total effect.

If this proc occurs when the target is affected by Black Arrow, this will instantly refresh it’s remaining duration and restore 8 Focus back to you.

– Level 30 –

[Trailblazer] - [Natural Mending]

[Bestial Dicipline] - (Replaces Camouflage as a talent choice) - While your pet is active, you and your pet(s) regenerate X% of total health every 3 sec. Healing done to you and your pet(s) is increased by X%.

Damage taken by your pet(s) is reduced by 15%.

When Lone Wolf(Passive) is active, you continue to heal for the same amount of health.

– Level 35 –

[Cluster Shot] - 25 Focus - Instant cast - 15 sec cooldown.
    Fire a shot which explodes on impact, instantly dealing Physical damage to the primary target and all other nearby enemies, and causing them to bleed for an additional X Physical damage over 3 sec.

Explosive Shot-charges which are still active on any target(s) hit by Cluster Shot will instantly erupt, dealing all remaining damage to the affected target(s) at once.
    [Wildfire] - 8 sec duration
    The periodic damage effect applied by Immolation Trap will now spread to any enemy standing in close range to an already burning target. As long as an enemy is within range of another enemy affected by Wildfire or Immolation Trap, the Wildfire will continue to spread.
    [T.N.T.] - Explosive Shot now deals damage to all enemies near the affected target.

– Level 40 –

[Born to be Wild] - [Binding Shot]

[Adaption] - (Replaces Posthaste as a talent choice) Getting hit with an incapacitating effect(Stun/Fear), reduces the remaining cooldown of your Aspect of the Turtle by 30%. This effect has an internal cooldown of X sec.

Aspect of the Turtle is now usable when incapacitated.

When rooted or slowed, the remaining cooldown of Aspect of the Cheetah is reduced by 15 seconds. Aspect of the Cheetah frees you from movement impairing effects and you cannot be slowed below 100% movement speed while it’s active.

– Level 45 –

[Spitting Cobra] - Cobra Shot now deals an additional X% damage as Nature damage and extends the remaining duration of Serpent Sting on the enemy target by X sec.

Cobra Shot now has a high chance of generating double Focus when fired.
    [Pre-Heat] - The cooldown of Immolation Trap is reduced by 5 seconds every time Immolation Trap deals critical damage to the enemy target.

In addition, if an enemy target dies while affected by Immolation Trap, it’s cooldown is reset.
    [Intoxication] - Your ranged Auto Attacks have a chance to grant you 2 stacks of Intoxication. When Black Arrow is refreshed or when it expires from an enemy, you gain this effect as well.

Intoxication
    When you use an ability that deals instant damage, it has a 100% chance to be a critical strike.
    When you use an ability that deals periodic damage, damage caused by this ability is increased by an additional X%.

– Level 50 –

[Rapid Recuperation] - Damage caused by Explosive Shot have a chance to reduce the remaining cooldown of Munition Tactics by 1 sec.

Whenever Lock & Load procs, this causes the next Explosive Shot fired to have a 100% chance for each of it’s ticks to reduce the remaining cooldown of Munition Tactics by 1 sec.
    [Catalysis] - Duration 10 sec.
    Black Arrow increases any Fire-damage you deal to an enemy by X%.

In addition, Explosive Shot-charges granted by Lock & Load extend the remaining duration of Black Arrow by 1 second every time they deal damage to the affected target.
    [Resourcefulness] - Reduces the cooldown of all traps and Black Arrow by 20%. Your Freezing Trap and Tar Trap both have a 100% chance to proc Lock & Load when triggered.

Freezing Trap when triggered manually can now withstand 100% more damage before shattering.

When an enemy breaks free from your Freezing Trap, they will take an additional 10% damage from all sources for the next X seconds.

Critical damage dealt by Immolation Trap is increased by X%.

Bonus effects/Bonus Traits

Got no good names for these traits/bonuses yet but…just wanted to add in some potential fun bonus effects that are spec specific. They can be tied to things such as Set Bonuses or something similar to Artifact Traits/Azerite Traits of the past.

(1) Lock and Load now grants 2 charges of Explosive Shot when it procs, instead of 1.

(2) When you get a Exotic Munitions-proc. It will grant you an additional bonus effect depending on which periodic damage-effect it benefits.

Serpent Sting - Until the current Serpent Sting debuff expires or is refreshed, every time it deals damage to the target, you instantly gain 3 Focus.

Black Arrow - The remaining cooldown of Black Arrow is instantly reset.

Immolation Trap - Your next Immolation Trap will deal an extra X% damage and will also have an increased X% chance to critically hit the affected target.

(3) Arcane Shot now triggers the passive effect “Exotic Munitions” when it hits an enemy target.
    Last edited by F Rm; 2021-04-21 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    This.

I'm not a MSV player myself so I won't propose any changes for it based on personal preferences. Having said that, there are quite a few things that can be done to further it's theme/fantasy and how to tie all that into the wilderness aspects.

As for other players(of MSV), one of the more common requests is to add a DW-option for it.

Indeed, we should also avoid the path of attempting to merge RSV with MM. It would only serve to destroy MM in the process, and it wouldn't give us a proper version of RSV anyway.

I revisited my old concept/topic about a modern version of RSV as a fully developed 4th spec option. Changed and added a few things to further explore it's main theme/fantasy. See the full post below here for specifics:

As usual, any numbers mentioned are only here to provide further depth to the concept and are ofc subject to change.

[Cobra Shot] - Instant cast
    A quick shot causing X Physical damage.

Generates 7 Focus.

[Explosive Shot] - 20 Focus - Instant cast - 10 sec recharge - 2 charges
    Fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing Fire damage. The charge will blast the target every second for an additional 4 sec.

[Black Arrow] - 30 Focus - Instant cast - 30 sec cooldown
    Fire a shot infused with dark energy at the target, dealing Shadow damage over 12 sec.

The periodic damage-effect applied by Black Arrow can be stacked up to 3 times on the same enemy.

[Serpent Sting] - 15 Focus - Instant cast
    Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take Nature damage over 15 sec.

[Arcane Shot] - 20 Focus - Instant cast
    A quick shot that causes X Arcane damage.

[Multi-Shot] - 40 Focus - Instant cast
    Fires several missiles, hitting up to 5 targets within 8 yards of your current target for X Physical damage.

Multi-Shot applies Serpent Sting to all targets hit.

[Immolation Trap] - Instant cast - 1 minute cooldown
    Hurls a fire trap to the target location that will burn the first enemy to approach for X Fire damage over 20 sec. Trap will exist for 1 min.

[Kill Shot] - 10 Focus - Instant cast - 10 sec recharge - 1 Charge
    You attempt to finish off a wounded target, dealing X Physical damage.

Only usable on enemies with less than 20% health.

[Munition Tactics] - 20 sec duration - 2 minute cooldown.
    Increases your haste by X% and instantly triggers Lock & Load(Passive). When Explosive Shot is used during Munition Tactics, this resets the remaining cooldown of Black Arrow.

Any time Explosive Shot deals damage to a target affected by Black Arrow, during Munition Tactics, this will cause the periodic damage effect applied by Black Arrow to spread to nearby enemies as well.
    (This effect is replaced by a different passive effect when engaged in instanced PvP; If your Black Arrow is at any time dispelled or otherwise removed from an enemy target, this instantly resets the remaining cooldown of Black Arrow.)

[Mastery Bonus: Toxicology] - Increases all non-physical damage dealt by X%, based on Mastery.

[Lone Wolf] - Increases your damage by 10% when you do not have an active pet.

[Lock and Load] - Periodic damage dealt by Black Arrow and Immolation Trap have a chance to cause your next Explosive Shot to cost no Focus and trigger no cooldown.

[Trap Mastery] - Tar Trap now slows approaching enemies by an additional X%, and the effect sticks to the enemy for 3 seconds after they have left the tar.

The trigger radius as well as the radius of the effect on your Tar Trap is increased by 25%.

Freezing Trap can now be triggered manually by the hunter once placed, causing it to form a fragile Ice Block that you can stand behind to protect yourself from frontal attacks until shattered. The ice block shatters after 8 seconds or once it has sustained enough damage.
    Manually triggering it requires you to stand in close vicinity to the trap.

[Serpent’s Focus] - Using Cobra Shot several times in a row will increase the amount of Focus generated by each shot by 4. Stacking up to 3 times.

[Serpent Spread] - Targets hit by Multi-Shot are also afflicted by Serpent Sting equal to 9 sec of it’s duration.

[Exotic Munitions] - Your Auto Attacks have a chance to increase the remaining duration of either Serpent Sting, Black Arrow or Immolation Trap by 5 seconds, on an enemy affected by either of these periodic damage effects.

Includes all other abilities, such as [Tar Trap][Frost Trap][Aspect of the Turtle][Concussive Shot][Counter Shot][Tranquilizing Shot][Misdirection][Pet Utility][Exhilaration][Disengage][Feign Death], and more.

Note that I would prefer if(on a class-wide basis)

[Posthaste] - becomes a baseline effect.
    [Master’s Call] - becomes a baseline ability again.
    [Pet Specializations] - Ferocity, Tenacity, and Cunning, if they were changeable again.
    [Revive Pet] - Cast time brought down to 2 seconds again.
    [Camouflage] - becomes a baseline ability again.

– Level 15 –

– Level 25 –

– Level 30 –

– Level 35 –

– Level 40 –

– Level 45 –

– Level 50 –

Got no good names for these traits/bonuses yet but…just wanted to add in some potential fun bonus effects that are spec specific. They can be tied to things such as Set Bonuses or something similar to Artifact Traits/Azerite Traits of the past.

(1) Lock and Load now grants 2 charges of Explosive Shot when it procs, instead of 1.

(2) When you get a Exotic Munitions-proc. It will grant you an additional bonus effect depending on which periodic damage-effect it benefits.

Serpent Sting - Until the current Serpent Sting debuff expires or is refreshed, every time it deals damage to the target, you instantly gain 3 Focus.

Black Arrow - The remaining cooldown of Black Arrow is instantly reset.

Immolation Trap - Your next Immolation Trap will deal an extra X% damage and will also have an increased X% chance to critically hit the affected target.

(3) Arcane Shot now triggers the passive effect “Exotic Munitions” when it hits an enemy target.

Reading all this survival ranged hit my nostalgia so hard already... ffs

No, you don't.

And no, Survival is not just a few buffs away from being more popular than the other specs. Hunters have an aversion to playing melee and we can see this in tiers in the past where melee Survival did have favourable tuning.
    If they were like that they wouldn't clog up every survival topic ruining them for the people that are happy with survival being melee. in its old ranged incarnation it was just as marginalised now as then, they view those days thru rose tinted glasses, BM and MM dominated the hunter community.

We know at this point that survival is not going back to ranged as that would require Blizzard admitting a colossal mistake of a rework and somehow working around Legion's artifact quest, all of which I can't see them doing. No, what survival absolutely needs at this point is shameless imbalance. I'm dead ass serious when I say that too; Survival needs an entire expansion akin to BfA Demon Hunters - a melee class so shamelessly blessed with benefits that it garnered a massive flavor of the month (which basically turned into flavor of the expansion) following. Survival needs THAT.

It doesn't need the kitchen sink, it needs the whole damned kitchen. It needs baseline 115% movement speed, baseline 8 yard melee range like feral, a combat maneuver akin to DH fel rush or monk roll (in ADDITION to the harpoon), significant amounts of passive leech or combat based healing, a one or 1.5 minute defensive cooldown, passive defensive akin to soul leech/soul skin like a warlock and their pet and hell, maybe even give them a motherflowering immunity, cheat death or BOTH. We need it to be so blatantly incredible that when rogues and warriors see the class being played they look and say to themselves "Why am I not playing that spec?"

Survival as it is is a good spec. That's not a joke, it seriously works, it has defined strengths and weaknesses. What it doesn't have is any sort of attractive representation to pull it away from a hunter's ranged specs or any of the other melee specs from other classes. We now have two whole expansions of a spec being utter bottom of the barrel in terms of player representation; we're now past the point of just tuning, we need all hands on deck emergency levels of IDGAF to give players some level of pride and enjoyment in playing the spec. Making it shamelessly imbalanced is the easiest and funnest way to accomplish that, and pvp tuning can be done separately.

Personally I've always envisioned a class rework of survival being akin to Rexxar (pet bond) + Keeshan (combat improvisation + hardiness) and here being the kicker - Demon Hunters from Diablo 3. Make them a unique sort of mid-ranged melee that fights at 8 yard ranged, has 20-25 yard abilities like serpent sting, bombs, traps, throwing knives, caltrops, etc. Make the core rotation based around mongoose strike, maybe give them a minor cooldown that enhances melee range to 20-25 yards to emphasize mid-ranged fighting. Whatever it is, it needs to be overwhelmingly and completely unashamedly great. For an entire expansion. Survival NEEDS player representation if it's going to live, or they might as well just delete the spec entirely with the complete and utter lack of care and attention it receives.

I agree with the sentiments above. Survival is less survivable than the other two specs, does less damage than the other two specs (outside of large AoE), and needs some love.

The 9.1 buff to Raptor Strike & Kill Command still won't bring single target above other specs from simulations, and they haven't addressed some of the core issues, which is its less survivable than the other hunter specs (since its in melee range) and less survivable than all other melee dps.

Baseline 115% move speed
    Baseline 8 yard melee range
    Baseline 10-15% leech
    Buff Exhilaration to a 50% heal
    Increase focus to 120 and/or boost focus regeneration by 10-20%
    Baseline soul-link type mechanic and/or buff base health by 10%
    In addition to the soul-link 20% of damage taken going to pet, have 20% of pet's healing flow to hunter
    Allow Aspect of Turtle to be used when stunned
    Have Raptor strikes have some kind of synergy - perhaps reducing the cooldown on coordinated assault and/or exhilaration.

That wouldn't put Survival into the overpowered place that so many other specs are but would at least make Survival competitive.
    Last edited by Nazlug; 2021-06-11 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    It's been a while we don't discuss it, so why not?
    Survival is a failure, evidence is undeniable and it hasn't stood the test of time and minor iterations throughout BfA and SL. I haven't seen one in ages, they're the bottom of the barrel in any statistical survey, even with decent dps (which doesn't happen). Hunters hate it or simply ignore it. Even the devs ignore it completely.
    Is it inevitable that we get our 3rd spec back at 10.0? It's gonna be definitely the time for class revamps (and this one is absolutely the most needed), IF they insist on not making a new class.
    Problem is they can't make it a good spec, which is something they should have considered. If they make it a good spec everyone is gonna cry because they're forced to play melee

Easier just to leave it as it is...some people want to play it, like I do...I just wish there was some way they could actually make it a decent spec but because of human nature they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Problem is they can't make it a good spec, which is something they should have considered. If they make it a good spec everyone is gonna cry because they're forced to play melee

Easier just to leave it as it is...some people want to play it, like I do...I just wish there was some way they could actually make it a decent spec but because of human nature they can't.
    Man, they need to make some bold moves in 10.0, they really do. I think a new class is much more bombastic than class revamps but in case they're crazy enough to NOT bring it, a Survival revamp (back to ranged) would bring enough of a fuss to one of their top played classes ever. Blizz's failure is undeniable and they're masters at turning the tables with PR speeches such as "We have been watching closely as Survival hunters seem to miss their old days of sniping mobs/people with envenomed and explosive shots, so after listening to the community's feedback, they're having that back! All baked into a new kit of talents and abilities designed to enhance their class fantasy of wild ranger master of traps and poisons."

The Legion questline will be a mess, though. Some nice suggestions have popped in this thread already. Anyway, this alone wouldn't be what's stopping them. Pride, lazyness, fear of messing it up (again)... All much more plausible.
    Last edited by renatompassos; 2021-06-11 at 01:42 AM.

If the problem with old Survival coming back is the Legion spear being obsolete then surely there is nothing wrong with making Survival hunters have both a spear and ranged weapon. Fury Warrior shows that it is perfectly doable to have twice the normal amount of weapon stats. The only major problem would be how to code Survival with two weapon slots.

Honestly this would be really cool as a spec fantasy in general. Survival is all about trickery and adaptability. Why not have them still carry around a spear and be capable of fighting in melee as well as ranged like how it actually worked back in Vanilla.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If the problem with old Survival coming back is the Legion spear being obsolete then surely there is nothing wrong with making Survival hunters have both a spear and ranged weapon. Fury Warrior shows that it is perfectly doable to have twice the normal amount of weapon stats. The only major problem would be how to code Survival with two weapon slots.

Honestly this would be really cool as a spec fantasy in general. Survival is all about trickery and adaptability. Why not have them still carry around a spear and be capable of fighting in melee as well as ranged like how it actually worked back in Vanilla.
    Heh I have toyed with this idea a few times to. You wouldn't even have to "stance dance", simply when the SV hunter is in melee range he will use melee attacks raptor strike/mongoose bite, auto attack with melee and when you the SV hunter gets out of melee range, he will automatically switch to ranged attacks , so replace raptor strike/mongoose bite with "X shot" and auto attacks with ranged. Blizz could put a cd between the switch from melee to ranged and vice versa so the switching won't be abused.

Granted the concept is very, very rough and there are still questions about balancing, pvp , would the SV hunter have to hunt for both a ranged weapon and a melee weapon or would everything be based off the melee weapon whilst the ranged part, the bow part is only cosmetic. Is coding any issue, are animations an issue is it to "unrealistic" and yes I know that is silly in fantasy game with magic and elves etc...

-Assuming blizz would still want SV hunters to be doing most of their damage in melee instead of pew pew from afar then you would have to give some incentive to attacking in melee range or at the very least blending ranged and melee together as opposed to doing everything ranged. Maybe like raptor strike/mongoose bite does X % more damage than when the SV is using the ranged shot attack (no name for it yet). Or maybe attacking in melee builds up "X" which will then allow you to do more damage from ranged for a set period of time. Thus you are rewarding the SV hunter who utilizes both melee and ranged instead of just doing everything from ranged.

Now to be be fair, the above is just wild and reckless speculation and if I am being honest, I don't see it happening and I don't see MSV going ranged again. At best RSV comes back as a 4th spec (and even then I have my doubts).

Assuming msv still remains a thing (and I hope it does, I really do enjoy the spec), I think you have 2 scenarios:

1) Blizz truly believes and is happy with how melee survival plays. Now that doesn't mean there won't be buffs/nerfs talent changes in the future but you won't see a big of a change of "make MSV ranged again"

2) Blizz believes that MSV is a failed spec and will be reverted to ranged following whatever expansion comes after SL, OR they believe that MSV is a failure but won't revert to ranged because they are to proud/stubborn to admit they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dekksh View Post
    If they were like that they wouldn't clog up every survival topic ruining them for the people that are happy with survival being melee. in its old ranged incarnation it was just as marginalised now as then, they view those days thru rose tinted glasses, BM and MM dominated the hunter community.
    Did you really make an account just to post this nonsense? No, ranged SV was not a marginalised spec. It was routinely a widely popular and enjoyed spec, even reaching "most popular in the game" status on multiple occasions. We know this not because of faulty memory (which seems to be the basis for your post) but rather representation statistics from the time from sites such as worldofwargraphs.

Did you really make an account just to post this nonsense? No, ranged SV was not a marginalised spec. It was routinely a widely popular and enjoyed spec, even reaching "most popular in the game" status on multiple occasions. We know this not because of faulty memory (which seems to be the basis for your post) but rather representation statistics from the time from sites such as worldofwargraphs.

stop lying. surv as range was never ever even close to most popular spec in the game. not even once. it was never even most popular hunter specc. it was ALWAYS, every exp, every patch, the least popular specc and always the little brother in the shadow of mm. and played pretty much like a bad mm. this is some S tier nostalgia and history revision stalin would be green with envy off. surv aint ever going back to stand in the shadow of mm being just a watered down version of them, blizzard has already stated as such so pointless argue for it but some people just enjoy bashing their head against the wall repeatedly.

Would be super cool if they remove survival and add dark ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Melee survival should be moved to the third demon hunter spec, and hunter survival reverted to a ranged spec.

It doesn't matter how good melee survival is (and it is excellent, a really fun spec). Hunters didn't choose the class with a bow icon 15 years ago to sit in melee.
    I'm late to this discussion, but i'm pretty sure before Blizzard made survival a melee spec there were many people asking for it because of Rexar.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaile View Post

stop lying. surv as range was never ever even close to most popular spec in the game. not even once. it was never even most popular hunter specc. it was ALWAYS, every exp, every patch, the least popular specc and always the little brother in the shadow of mm. and played pretty much like a bad mm. this is some S tier nostalgia and history revision stalin would be green with envy off. surv aint ever going back to stand in the shadow of mm being just a watered down version of them, blizzard has already stated as such so pointless argue for it but some people just enjoy bashing their head against the wall repeatedly.
    The irony is astounding.