Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoW Classic PTR Update - Burning Crusade and Classic Era Info

WoW Classic PTR Update - Burning Crusade and Classic Era Info
    World of Warcraft Classic PTR has been updated with info about Burning Crusade and Classic Era.

Among many new strings for ray tracing and gamepad settings (which don't actually seem to be used right now), there is also a string "BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_DEFAULT_CLONE_DATE" that is set to "May 18, 2021". This could be a placeholder date for when character snapshotting might take place.

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Coming Soon: Burning Crusade

Classic will soon be split into separate games: Burning Crusade and Classic Era.

When that happens, you'll choose which game your character will play on going forward.

If you wish to clone your character and play in both versions, that service will be available for a fee.

WoW Classic PTR - New Strings
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_PREVIEW_TITLE - COMING SOON:|nBURNING CRUSADE
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_PREVIEW_DESCRIPTION1 - Classic will soon be split into separate games:|nBurning Crusade and Classic Era.|n|nWhen that happens, you'll choose which game your character will play on going forward.
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_PREVIEW_DESCRIPTION2 - If you wish to clone your character and play in both versions, that service will be available for %s. |HurlIndex:43|h|cff006995Frequently Asked Questions|r|h
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_PREVIEW_BUTTON_GOT_IT - Got It
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_INFORMATION - Burning Crusade Information
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_CHOICE_CLASSIC_TITLE - I want to play this character in|n|cffffc437Classic Era|r
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_CHOICE_BURNINGCRUSADE_TITLE - I want to play this character in |cff1eff00Burning Crusade|r
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_CHOICE_CLASSIC_DESCRIPTION - %1$s will be locked to Classic Era.|n|nAfterwards, you'll have the option of activating %2$s in Burning Crusade as well for %3$s.
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_CHOICE_BURNINGCRUSADE_DESCRIPTION - Exit this game and select Burning Crusade from the Battle.net App.
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_CHOICE_CLASSIC_BUTTON - Play Classic Era
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_CHOICE_BURNINGCRUSADE_BUTTON - Exit Game
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_CHOICE_CONFIRM - %s will now be locked to Classic Era.
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_CHOICE_CONFIRM_TYPE - Type in the character's name to confirm:
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_ACTIVATECHARACTER_TOOLTIP_TITLE - Activate Clone
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_ACTIVATECHARACTER_TOOLTIP_DESCRIPTION - This character is activated in Burning Crusade. You may activate them in Classic Era by purchasing a Character Clone service.
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_ACTIVATECHARACTER_TOOLTIP_ACTION -
    • SHOW_UNACTIVATED_CHARACTERS - Show Available Clones
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_ACTIVATECHARACTER_CONFIRM - You are activating a version of %1$s that was saved on %2$s.
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_ACTIVATECHARACTER_CHARACTERLABEL - Clone Available
    • VISITABLE_URL43 - https://battle.net/support/article/32222
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_DEFAULT_PRICE - a fee
    • CHAR_CREATE_UNACTIVATED_CHARACTER_LIMIT - You have the maximum number of characters allowed on this realm. Select "Show Available Clones" to view all existing characters.
    • BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_DEFAULT_CLONE_DATE - 44334
    • CHAR_LOGIN_LOCKED_FOR_REALM_PLAYTYPE - This character clone isn't activated for this realm type.
    • FULLDATE_NO_WEEKDAY - %1$s %2$d, %3$d
    • RENDER_RESOLUTION_LABEL - Render Resolution
    • RENDER_RESOLUTION - Render Resolution
    • WINDOW_SIZE_LABEL - Window Size
    • GXAPI_D3D11_LEGACY - DirectX 11 Legacy
    • TARGETFPS - Target FPS
    • TARGETFPS_CHECK - Target FPS Toggle
    • OPTION_TARGETFPS_CHECK - Enable this option to dynamically reduce graphics quality if you fall below a specific framerate.
    • OPTION_TARGETFPS - Framerate you ideally want to play at. If your framerate is below this number, dynamic systems will reduce graphics quality to attempt to hit this framerate.
    • SPELL_DENSITY - Spell Density
    • OPTION_TOOLTIP_SPELL_DENSITY - Controls visibility of non-essential spells.
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_DYNAMIC - Dynamic
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_EVERYTHING - Everything
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_SPELL_DENSITY_EVERYTHING - Always show all spells.
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_ONLY_ESSENTIAL - Essential
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_SPELL_DENSITY_ONLY_ESSENTIAL - Only show essential spells. Your own spells are always shown.
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_SOME - Some
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_MOST - Most
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_SPELL_DENSITY_DYNAMIC - Reduce non-essential spells shown based on framerate. If you are above your desired framerate, everything will be shown.
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_SPELL_DENSITY_SOME - Reduce non-essential spells shown by around 75%.
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_SPELL_DENSITY_MOST - Reduce non-essential spells shown by around 25%.
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_HALF - Half
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_SPELL_DENSITY_HALF - Reduce non-essential spells shown by around 50%.
    • GENERAL_SUBHEADER - General
    • RT_SHADOW_QUALITY - Ray Traced Shadows
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_RT_SHADOW_QUALITY_FAIR - Ray Traced Shadows from directional light sources at reduced resolution.
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_RT_SHADOW_QUALITY_MEDIUM - Ray Traced Shadows from directional and local light sources at reduced resolution.
    • VIDEO_OPTIONS_RT_SHADOW_QUALITY_HIGH - Ray Traced Shadows from directional and local light sources at full resolution.
    • OPTION_TOOLTIP_RT_SHADOW_QUALITY - Improves shadow quality with ray tracing, which produces shadows with more natural softness, greatly increased precision, and from additional light sources.|n|nThis feature requires:|nA hardware ray tracing capable graphics card|nWindows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004)|nUp to date graphics drivers|nDirectX 12
    • ARM64_BUILD - arm64
    • VRN_NEEDS_MACOS_10_13 - Requires macOS 10.13 or above
    • VRN_NEEDS_MACOS_10_14 - Requires macOS 10.14 or above
    • VRN_NEEDS_MACOS_10_15 - Requires macOS 10.15 or above
    • VRN_NEEDS_MACOS_11_0 - Requires macOS 11.0 or above
    • VRN_CPUMEM_4GB - Requires 4GB or more of CPU memory
    • VRN_NEEDS_6_0 - Requires a shader model 6 capable graphics card
    • VRN_NEEDS_RT - Requires a ray tracing capable graphics card
    • VRN_NEEDS_WINDOWS_10 - Requires Windows 10 or above
    • GXAPI_MTL_LEGACY - Metal Legacy
    • GAMEPAD_MAC_NO_START_BACK_BUTTON_SUPPORT - Start and back button binding support requires macOS 10.15 or newer
    • GAMEPAD_MAC_NO_THUMBSTICK_CLICK_SUPPORT - Thumbstick click binding support requires macOS 10.14.1 or newer
    • MAC_INPUT_MONITORING1014 - For Push to Talk to work when World of Warcraft is not in focus, you must grant "Accessibility" permission to %s in Security & Privacy preferences, located in System Preferences. Would you like to open System Preferences now?
    • MAC_INPUT_MONITORING1015 - For Push to Talk to work when World of Warcraft is not in focus, you must grant "Input Monitoring" permission to %s in Security & Privacy preferences, located in System Preferences. Would you like to open System Preferences now?
    • MAC_REQUEST_MICROPHONE1014 - In order to use voice chat, you must grant "Microphone" permission to %s in Security & Privacy preferences, located in System Preferences. Would you like to open System Preferences now?
    • META_KEY_TEXT - META
    • LMETA_KEY_TEXT - Left META
    • RMETA_KEY_TEXT - Right META
    • WIN_KEY_TEXT - WIN
    • CMD_KEY_TEXT - CMD
    • RWIN_KEY_TEXT - Right WIN
    • LWIN_KEY_TEXT - Left WIN
    • LCMD_KEY_TEXT - Left CMD
    • RCMD_KEY_TEXT - Right CMD
    • META_KEY_TEXT_ABBR - m
    • CMD_KEY_TEXT_ABBR - m
    • WIN_KEY_TEXT_ABBR - w
    • SSAO_TYPE_LABEL - Ambient Occlusion Type
    • SSAO_TYPE_ASSAO - ASSAO
    • SSAO_TYPE_CACAO - FidelityFX CACAO
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-03-11 at 11:33 PM.

The fee makes sense, but it’s going to hurt the Classic population that much more.

Fingers crossed it’s not a placeholder date

I can't help but wonder how much resources this and vanilla wow is taking from retail wow. they SAY none but this ain't free, groups that manage and uphold ain't free, I wish Blizzard would tell us how much they put on these things, how much manpower etc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The fee makes sense, but it’s going to hurt the Classic population that much more.

Fingers crossed it’s not a placeholder date
    Explain how this will "hurt" the classic population..?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I don't know why we aren't allowed one free character copy per character. Seems like a money grab more than anything. Especially considering the cloning is done completely autonomously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I can't help but wonder how much resources this and vanilla wow is taking from retail wow. they SAY none but this ain't free, groups that manage and uphold ain't free, I wish Blizzard would tell us how much they put on these things, how much manpower etc
    what would you do with that information?

If this bothers you just think about all that WoW money that funded hearthstone, overwatch, and hero’s of the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    If this bothers you just think about all that WoW money that funded hearthstone, overwatch, and hero’s of the storm.
    for sure thats a waste of good money and manpower as well...

You don't think classic pays for itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    what would you do with that information?
    would be interesting to know how much better retail could have been if they did not fire so many people from the retail side of things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    You don't think classic pays for itself?
    then let it pay for itself, make it totally separate from retail

for sure thats a waste of good money and manpower as well...
    all of them are good game so why is that a problem?

would be interesting to know how much better retail could have been if they did not fire so many people from the retail side of things

you cant tell that from anything that blizz would tell us

then let it pay for itself, make it totally separate from retail
    So you want less people to play either game? Having separate subs means the players playing both will play less of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    erm none? Retail will have its own dedicated teams and staff working on it. So it doesn't matter what other teams are doing, doesn't take away from their own job. Blizzard isn't using the same people to work on multiple games simultaneously, not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    erm none? Retail will have its own dedicated teams and staff working on it. So it doesn't matter what other teams are doing, doesn't take away from their own job. Blizzard isn't using the same people to work on multiple games simultaneously, not how it works.
    except that retail had people fired and cut down, while classic did the other way had more people sent to it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    all of them are good game so why is that a problem?
    Umm, I beg to differ, maybe if Storms actually had a point more than just a half baked moba

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    except that retail had people fired and cut down, while classic did the other way had more people sent to it...

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, I beg to differ, maybe if Storms actually had a point more than just a half baked moba
    do you mean the 2018 or so layoff? there weren't any dev's laid off during those they hired more instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    If it were free, I’d be more likely to dabble in both. Instead, I’ll just keep telling myself that I’ll re-level a Classic character, but never actually do it.

This is not me being against the cost. I get it. It’s just not one of the services I’ll use.

its a good casual game with blizzard flavor, and im saying that as mainly dota player

when exactly were they fired? no devs were laid off in like 3-4 years (not en masse that is) so nothing that impacted classic vs retail development

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    That makes me feel worse. They haven't been able to make a good game in a very long time. They even messed up a remaster lol.

Also add D3 into that list.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    That makes me feel worse. They haven't been able to make a good game in a very long time. They even messed up a remaster lol.

Also add D3 into that list.
    D3 was a great investment in Blizzard's part. Same goes for HS and OW, they all sold well. Can't speak for HotS.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

A fee to copy/paste. Nice.