Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    lol wtf pretty sure that's not how they explained it at Blizzcon

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    D3 was a great investment in Blizzard's part. Same goes for HS and OW, they all sold well. Can't speak for HotS.
    HoTS used to bring in a lot of money, not as much as the rest probably but it did it's part.

    Blizzard shot themselves in the foot with HotS by forcing an artificial esports environment on it and wasting a lot of money on that but the game was doing fine.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    lol wtf pretty sure that's not how they explained it at Blizzcon
    It is though...

    Your character can stay on its current server and progress to tbc, or transfer to an eternal classic realm. Those are the free options. There is an additional paid option to do both. Exactly like they said at blizzcon.

  4. #24
    Hoped for a mid-late April pre-patch but mid May is not bad. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back.

  5. #25
    No way to play this sh*t again.

  6. #26
    So stupid question... If u didnt lvl to 60... Can u still play BC, can u start a character when it launches or do u have to be 60 to continue

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfun View Post
    So stupid question... If u didnt lvl to 60... Can u still play BC, can u start a character when it launches or do u have to be 60 to continue
    You don’t need a 60 and there will be a lvl58 boost to buy as well I hear.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I can't help but wonder how much resources this and vanilla wow is taking from retail wow. they SAY none but this ain't free, groups that manage and uphold ain't free, I wish Blizzard would tell us how much they put on these things, how much manpower etc
    $$ Wise its less time/effort to maintain/manage classic/tbc since there is no art development, no new raids to build or balance, no new content really to deliver but re-release so theres a large number of users (myself included) that pay $15 a month just to play classic that is a net profit for little work on there part.

    So it doesnt really matter if theres people working on it(they are) it gives them more headroom in retail to work and hire/keep more employees because they have as secondary income stream of players that otherwise would not be paying the monthly fee

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    lol wtf pretty sure that's not how they explained it at Blizzcon
    This is literally exactly what they said at blizzcon

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    except that retail had people fired and cut down, while classic did the other way had more people sent to it...

    - - - Updated - - -


    Umm, I beg to differ, maybe if Storms actually had a point more than just a half baked moba
    If blizzard is starting to dedicate more resources to classic rather than retail, what does that tell you about the state of retail?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfun View Post
    So stupid question... If u didnt lvl to 60... Can u still play BC, can u start a character when it launches or do u have to be 60 to continue
    They’re just “era” servers. You can start fresh on a Classic era server with a cap of 60 and stay there. You can start a fresh character on a TBC era server and level 1-58 in Azeroth before progressing to Outlands.

  11. #31
    Epic! HordeFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Not Shilling for Blizzard
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I can't help but wonder how much resources this and vanilla wow is taking from retail wow. they SAY none but this ain't free, groups that manage and uphold ain't free, I wish Blizzard would tell us how much they put on these things, how much manpower etc
    thanks for funding my game with your mountie, toy and dilator sales r*tail drones
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If blizzard is starting to dedicate more resources to classic rather than retail, what does that tell you about the state of retail?
    I think Blizzard would have to "starting to dedicate more resources to classic rather than retail" before we discuss what it means for WoW. So either stop making content for retail or starting making content for Classic.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    thanks for funding my game with your mountie, toy and dilator sales r*tail drones
    yeah, as if... I don't buy mounts, toys and dildos(pun)...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This is literally exactly what they said at blizzcon

    - - - Updated - - -



    If blizzard is starting to dedicate more resources to classic rather than retail, what does that tell you about the state of retail?
    that retais is f***d, which it is... they should fix the main game before heading into a million different peon games.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    I don't know why we aren't allowed one free character copy per character. Seems like a money grab more than anything. Especially considering the cloning is done completely autonomously.
    You can keep your character for free. You cannot have your character for free 2x. I really dont see how this is an issue.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I can't help but wonder how much resources this and vanilla wow is taking from retail wow. they SAY none but this ain't free, groups that manage and uphold ain't free, I wish Blizzard would tell us how much they put on these things, how much manpower etc
    Classic and TBC's revival likely doesn't negatively impact Retail at all, and the extra interest in WoW might mean more funds for WoW in general.

    The reason it wouldn't be a negative impact is simply that it's not the same people working on it. Game devs are specialized in certain area's, and the technical skills required to revive the old games have little overlap with the teams that create new content for retail.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    yeah, as if... I don't buy mounts, toys and dildos(pun)...

    - - - Updated - - -



    that retais is f***d, which it is... they should fix the main game before heading into a million different peon games.
    Retail isn't fixable. The ship has sailed. The people left playing it like it the way it is. Blizzard isn't going to tell the existing playerbase to go to hell so it can bring people back.

    If your restaurant serves nothing but shit sandwiches, eventually you'll only have clientele that enjoys shit sandwiches. If you want to stop making shit sandwiches, you need to take the risk of losing your entire current customer base on the hopes someone else might start coming in to your restaurant... but now your restaurant is known as the shit sandwich place to those people. This is the situation Blizzard is in.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    You don’t need a 60 and there will be a lvl58 boost to buy as well I hear.
    Its not purchaseable... its free. Everyone gets a 58 lvl boost for free, but its only ONCE per account and you cant buy more.

    This is so new players can still play the new content asap but it wont completely destroy the leveling, especially for the new races since those arent boostable.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Retail isn't fixable. The ship has sailed. The people left playing it like it the way it is. Blizzard isn't going to tell the existing playerbase to go to hell so it can bring people back.

    If your restaurant serves nothing but shit sandwiches, eventually you'll only have clientele that enjoys shit sandwiches. If you want to stop making shit sandwiches, you need to take the risk of losing your entire current customer base on the hopes someone else might start coming in to your restaurant... but now your restaurant is known as the shit sandwich place to those people. This is the situation Blizzard is in.
    You must be one of those people that is part of the great classic community I hear about.

    And even playing classic for almost 1.5 years, have yet to find because it’s drowned out by boost sales, GDKP runs, and people freaking out over world buff timer drops.

  19. #39
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    They’re just “era” servers. You can start fresh on a Classic era server with a cap of 60 and stay there. You can start a fresh character on a TBC era server and level 1-58 in Azeroth before progressing to Outlands.
    which is obvious the case for any BE and draenei, they are not up for boost. also the reason the server remain in prepatch longer than in 2007 with BE and draenei options already in place. and 2.4.3 sees to it you'll level faster anyway.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    You must be one of those people that is part of the great classic community I hear about.

    And even playing classic for almost 1.5 years, have yet to find because it’s drowned out by boost sales, GDKP runs, and people freaking out over world buff timer drops.
    My analogy is apt. To someone that likes shit sandwiches, a shit sandwich shop is amazing. However, if you market to that population while the rest of the population thinks it's gross, you do lock yourself into the shit sandwich business model.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •