10+ Year Old Account

Ret Paladin Rework Concept

Hey all, this is just a fun thing I put together as a fan of the old seal/judgement system. Just threw stuff I thought would be cool. Thoughts?
    I feel managed "imbalances" between judges and seals would be a fun factor to min max.

Only thing I forgot was Consecration which I think should be baseline.

Fuck seals and fuck having 6 different keybinds for judgement
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

"So guys, i've played Wotlk private servers and want to play that way in actual game thx".
    Micromanagment is rudimental to current gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    This.

The current spec is fine. It doesn't need a revamp.

We do need to keep divine toll after this xpac though. Baseline or talent.

Well at least bring back exorcism instead of that carrot thing coming from the ground. And replace that stupid horse with speed of light.

My issues with this and most of the seal iterated gameplay ideas presented is that having a ton of buttons to press that toggle passive buffs isn't really fun or good gameplay.

Looking at the list:
    • Seal of Light: Boring and largely irrelevant in most cases. There are significantly better ways to design off healing. Retail Word of Glory talented into Healing Hands is a prime example.
    • Seal of Wisdom: Completely irrelevant.
    • Seal of Command: AOE binary choice. Boring.
    • Seal of Blood: ideally highest damage output due to self harm. No issues here.
    • Seal of Conviction & Crusader seem at conflict with each other. Assuming that Seal of Command/Blood are your base seals (i.e. ones you WANT to be in to maximize output based on ST/AOE (again bad design IMO)), that doesn't leave a lot of room to manage 2 other uptime based seals. Seal of Crusade lasts 8s and only purpose seems to be up for a second to trigger the Judgment version of it, and that's it? Seal of Conviction seems to stack to 5, then only use it on Judgments or to refresh the stack duration. That doesn't sound like great gameplay to me. Lots of meaningless button presses and micro management of passive damage effects.
    • Holy Infusion: looks boring. It's a passive AA buff to give it 1 Holy Power on a short cooldown. It's basically another low impact passive gain button.
    • Holy Avenger: Is way too overloaded in functionality, but is nice that it lets you ignore the seals for 20s.

The best way to do these types of exercises IMO is to come up with mechanical functions and design theme around that. If you're bored you can troll my profile for created posts to find some of mine.

Thank you, but no thank you.

Seals can stay where they are; in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I mean I specifically stated it’s one button, effect just changes based on seal

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    "So guys, i've played Wotlk private servers and want to play that way in actual game thx".
    Micromanagment is rudimental to current gameplay.

If it was wotlk I’d have three separate judgements, this isn’t how it played in wrath

Seals are boring. Judgment is boring.

Ok so, do the seals have a cd/share a cd/how do they work? Would I have to use light > judge > wisdom > judge > crusader > judge to get those 3 rolling, then use conviction alternating with either blood or command for ST or AOE to keep light, wisdom, crusader, and conviction rolling indefinitely since I can ad 15 seconds to their duration every 8 seconds? So in order to maximize the class, I would have to pay attention to 4 debuffs on the boss, and after intermissions have to take over 30 seconds to get them all up again?