Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructor View Post
    Cenarius vs Grom ...
    In chronicle is written that Grom Hellscream beat Cenarius in 1 vs 1 fight. It is obvioulsly nonsense because entire Warsong clan with hundreds of orcs beat Demigod. Cenarius is nearly as powerful as Archimonde, more powerful than Lich King and probably 10 times stronger than Malfuriion and Illidan. Did the writter of this book read War of Ancients or at least play Warcraft 3? It's funny because in fact Cenarius was fuc*ing huge and muscular but this picture in chronicle suggest that he looked like a dryad with anorexia.

Chronicle doesn't have mistakes because it's opinionated lore. They confirmed this a few Blizzcons ago that Chronicle is written from the perspective of the Titans, making it an opinionated work, similarly to how history books today omit several details to make the winners look like the 'good guys'.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Nothing is inconsistent regarding "retcons", and there are no "mistakes". 2 people making weird arguments. Simple. .
    O...what was WoD about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    O...what was WoD about again?
    What's the retcon?

- - - Updated - - -

The events in WoD (Prior to the Iron Horde) go exactly with the Orc/Ogre timeline in the Chronicle (Which talked about the main timeline). Only difference being Garrosh wasn't born, and the Iron Horde happened.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Thanks for the link!

What's the retcon?

- - - Updated - - -

The events in WoD (Prior to the Iron Horde) go exactly with the Orc/Ogre timeline in the Chronicle (Which talked about the main timeline). Only difference being Garrosh wasn't born, and the Iron Horde happened.
    Entire WoD was a goddamn retcon that they first tried to excuse as "blades of grass" or some other bullshit, then they later confirmed with chronicles.

The only thing I agree with you on is the fact that the Pantheon of Death is unimpressive when actually in game, which is true. The Jailer legit has done nothing, and the Archon is the biggest jobber god I've seen.
    What?
    /10 symbols

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    do you even read the book? it never show the axe empowering or "strengthening" the owner

at this point you should know what means flourish of words

except it didn't, showed in the book, the axe was just light and had a edge of diamond, it did not empowered or strengthen broixgar in any way shape or form

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, except the part of nowhere in the book said broxxigar was empwoered by the axe magic

the one who cut trough demons was broxxigar, the axe was made to be light and not break, HE was the one able to keep killing demons

you are nittpicking what is gameplay and what is not when talking about this
    So you mean you know better than Malfurion? What kind of amplification did you expect? That Broxigar would get some kind of super Life magic, how did Arthas get Death magic after taking Frostmourne? Or what? The ax, apparently, gave a certain PASSIVE buff and increased strength, possibly also speed and stamina. I gave you a quote, you gave nothing but your fantasies. Yes, Broxigar is a great warrior on his own, but that doesn't mean the Ax couldn't make him stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Then that is the case. Chronicle takes precedence over all previous sources.
    Haven't you heard? Chronicles are not the all encompassing canon lore no more, they are just Titan perspective depictions of our stories.

So if you ever run short of toilet paper....
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Haven't you heard? Chronicles are not the all encompassing canon lore no more, they are just Titan perspective depictions of our stories.

Oh my God, how tired I am of seeing this stupid nonsense. Have people forgotten how to read? Or is it too difficult for them to read more than a couple of lines?
    Immediately after Danuser said that this perspective of the Titans, he was asked whether the Chronicles are canon at all and he replied that the Chronicles are canon, and the PERSPECTIVE of the Titans only means that there is no information about what the Titans did not know about. For example, there is very little information in the Chronicles about the Shadowlands (because the Titans do not go there after death) or the Black Empire (because it was before the Titans). The Chronicle is a canon, there is simply no information there (but the one that is still canon). Danuser's answer seemed like a volume of information, not canonicity.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Oh my God, how tired I am of seeing this stupid nonsense. Have people forgotten how to read? Or is it too difficult for them to read more than a couple of lines?
    Immediately after Danuser said that this perspective of the Titans, he was asked whether the Chronicles are canon at all and he replied that the Chronicles are canon, and the PERSPECTIVE of the Titans only means that there is no information about what the Titans did not know about. For example, there is very little information in the Chronicles about the Shadowlands (because the Titans do not go there after death) or the Black Empire (because it was before the Titans). The Chronicle is a canon, there is simply no information there (but the one that is still canon). Danuser's answer seemed like a volume of information, not canonicity.
    It means that its all canon, until it becomes a terrible toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yep, welcome to Warcraft

No. It means that it’s still canon either way. Your headcanon doesn’t mean anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what do you mean “what”, Dark?

- - - Updated - - -

Entire WoD was a goddamn retcon that they first tried to excuse as "blades of grass" or some other bullshit, then they later confirmed with chronicles.
    Doesn’t answer my question. You’re just elaborating on the other guys question without answering my own.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s not what they said nor implied at all. You’re projecting some false narrative. It’s dishonest, and you’re straight up lying to the guy you’re talking to. It’s disturbing

Also, what do you mean “what”, Dark?
    This means that I did not understand what you mean.

This means that I did not understand what you mean.
    What’s not to understand? The Pantheon of Death are not SHOWN to do anything impressive. I thought that in itself was obvious?

What makes you think you're the first one to bring up Danuser's comment 12 pages into this thread?

There was plenty of discussion had around it already.

What’s not to understand? The Pantheon of Death are not SHOWN to do anything impressive. I thought that in itself was obvious?
    ''Cause most of the realms we see outside of maybe the Nether aren't actual Cosmic realms.''

''Cause most of the realms we see outside of maybe the Nether aren't actual Cosmic realms.''
    What I mean is that most of the realms we see in WoW outside of maybe the Nether (Which is the Plane Disorder) are not genuine cosmic realms such as the Realm of Order, etc and are all realms that are still within the edges of reality and whatnot.

When you put it that way, I guess I now get why that’s confusing...

Haven't you heard? Chronicles are not the all encompassing canon lore no more
    The Chronicles were never all-encompassing to begin with, if for no other reason than that being impossible for a lore that is still being actively expanded.

They were never advertised as being all-encompassing, either.

What I mean is that most of the realms we see in WoW outside of maybe the Nether (Which is the Plane Disorder) are not genuine cosmic realms such as the Realm of Order, etc and are all realms that are still within the edges of reality and whatnot.

When you put it that way, I guess I now get why that’s confusing...
    What does this have to do with it? I said that we saw creatures from there, I have no idea why you mentioned other kingdoms. I don't think the Old Gods lose their power when they are in the physical universe.

When the lore changes yet again to encompass sone bullshit occurrence that happened ages earlier, I'm sure Danuser will just say; "It's just another change in perspective." Grom Hellscream2; Electric Boogaloo

7+ Year Old Account
    So you mean you know better than Malfurion?
    again, there is nothing in the book showing empowered or strengthened Broxxigar in any way shape or form regarding magical prowess

the axe only was lighter, well balanced and had a fine edge, nothing else.