Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sad news, it works for me too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    the website updates pretty fast its just the ingame one that might take an extra day or two just have to make sure you always update raiderio before you login and it catches up. I dont pug so it doesnt effect me getting a group anyway and im just over 1300 rating from just the past two weeks.
    it seems you not really read my post closely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    No issues.

Don't use r.io then? Nobody is forcing you to use it granted the rest of the community is but hey it's their choice.

I mean if you think you could do better then make your own. Call it Mythic Scores or M.io or some other name.

I think it's fair to say that development of raider.io isn't just "half assed" and is the result of some really great work by the people who made it, maintain it. And yeah that kind of stuff ain't cheap and honestly, they don't ask for much anyway. Base level is $5 USD per month, that's what 1 Starbucks Mocha Frapp Grande?

What 1000 features that you speak of? Man I must have only barely used the website if there 1000 features...
    maybe its just my point of view, doing web and software development since 20+ years. too much features, too much stylez, too less quality, too less stability. but nonetheless, i wouldnt even critizize , IF i could ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    so, what is your experience with that stuff ?
    Works fine for me and my guild. Never heard any complaints in our Discord about it.

So there is some specific issue with your characters and Raider.IO? Contact them then...

- - - Updated - - -

maybe its just my point of view, doing web and software development since 20+ years. too much features, too much stylez, too less quality, too less stability. but nonetheless, i wouldnt even critizize , IF i could ignore it.
    So you can make one yourself, what's the problem. The API is exposed for all, just build a proper client yourself, make a simple, feature-light and high quality website just as you like and enjoy dat sweet $$ that comes with it ezpz.

Or what, shitposting on MMO-C is the pinnacle of your capabilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then make your own? You're able to pull your own character from blizzard's API (or JSON) and see the data so make your own tool. Maybe it might be faster, more stable, higher quality and simple to use so much that it's better than R.io and now the whole community of wow uses your site over r.io.

20+ years of web and software development so you should be able to make it in a week? A month? I'm sure the community would like to have an alternative to r.io provided that someone steps up and makes one.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    cringe, you know what he means.
    No, I don't.
    Nothing stops him or anybody else from making their own groups while not having the raider.io add-on installed or having raider.io open in a browser and inviting people based on whatever criteria he wants.

15+ Year Old Account
    My personal take on this is that raider.io in itself is not the main problem, but the way the community use it is. A possible comparison is guns don't kill people, people kill people (don't shoot me if that's a bad metaphor, and yes I made a pun). That said, if people didn't have guns, then they'd find other ways, just as the community in WoW would find other ways to filter people if they didn't have raider.io.

Dunno, just brainstorming here.

10+ Year Old Account
    her name is RIO and she won't update your score. Just like that mythic 10 you failed to time. And when you bloodlust she really shows you all you she can. Oh RIO RIO deny me an m+ group.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

it seems you not really read my post closely.
    I said the website updates pretty fast i have no issues as all it does is check your wow armory progress everytime you click update and it probably updates on its own at set intervals, only issues ive had is the ingame progress takes a few days to register sometimes, so raiderio is not broken for most.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Works fine for me and my guild. Never heard any complaints in our Discord about it.

So there is some specific issue with your characters and Raider.IO? Contact them then...

- - - Updated - - -

So you can make one yourself, what's the problem. The API is exposed for all, just build a proper client yourself, make a simple, feature-light and high quality website just as you like and enjoy dat sweet $$ that comes with it ezpz.

Or what, shitposting on MMO-C is the pinnacle of your capabilities?
    assumed the same (what you said in part1). but this week i met 4 other ppl ingame having the same issue. i checked their wow armory and it was all fine. checked them on r.io and „character not exists“. tried „update now“ with their char+realm -> same. dont know why nobody besides me having the same issue. it also doesnt matter if i check this in Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge. No clue...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I said the website updates pretty fast i have no issues as all it does is check your wow armory progress everytime you click update and it probably updates on its own at set intervals, only issues ive had is the ingame progress takes a few days to register sometimes, so raiderio is not broken for most.
    exactly the same i always thought too. but at this time in xpac, r.io not even knowing a character at all (not just the updated properties) is strange...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    My personal take on this is that raider.io in itself is not the main problem, but the way the community use it is. A possible comparison is guns don't kill people, people kill people (don't shoot me if that's a bad metaphor, and yes I made a pun). That said, if people didn't have guns, then they'd find other ways, just as the community in WoW would find other ways to filter people if they didn't have raider.io.

Dunno, just brainstorming here.
    thats not the threads topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Then make your own? You're able to pull your own character from blizzard's API (or JSON) and see the data so make your own tool. Maybe it might be faster, more stable, higher quality and simple to use so much that it's better than R.io and now the whole community of wow uses your site over r.io.

20+ years of web and software development so you should be able to make it in a week? A month? I'm sure the community would like to have an alternative to r.io provided that someone steps up and makes one.
    funny fact: its exactly what i do now. quick C# WPF tool that reads JSON from armory for given character and using a valuesystem to put points into for cleared dungeons and keylevel to quickly get a score. at a totally basic level exactly with what the r.io guys started years ago, just not as website but as a client tool. better than nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    thats not the threads topic.
    Indeed it isn't, but you came to a fan site to complain about an issue of another unofficial Blizzard website (while you could have just gone to their Discord to ask for help), and I saw other people discussing raider.io in general so I thought I'd chime in.

Sorry to hear you’re having issues. Ignore if you’ve tried this already but have you synced your blizzard account to RIO? If you have, try refreshing your account data.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Indeed it isn't, but you came to a fan site to complain about an issue of another unofficial Blizzard website (while you could have just gone to their Discord to ask for help), and I saw other people discussing raider.io in general so I thought I'd chime in.
    yeah, no personal offense here. just dont wanna derail thread into a typical „r.io is bad/toxic for wow community“ thread. just to clarify.

Post your character's armory

have you tried getting in contact with the raider.io devs? there is a discord that might help you, otherwise try twitter or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by meroes View Post
    Post your character's armory
    That would expose his bullshit. So he doesn't. Don't worry.

My experience is: works as intended, never had any trouble with updating my character/adding alts. Updating guild progress. Only issue was during my character name change and when I transferred faction (this one was totally my fault) as I did not know that I have to enable regions/factions manually to show me the score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two weeks ago, Raider.io wiped clean all the data about my previously completed M+10 (and beyond) runs. I subscribed to the site, imported the character, updated the addon, followed online guides and guildies advice. Nothing worked.

It has started syncing after all my efforts. It still says I have never completed De Other Side and my score is stupidly low. I got refused for a +12 Plaguefall after having a PF14 completed in time because the almighty god raider.io said otherwise. So I have about 1k score.

Fuck that piece of trash website/addon and the toxicity it brings along. I'm not even mad, I have been despising and shaming it ever since it came into the picture. I know players are at fault for ruining the current parameters, be it gearscore, ilvl or raider.io, but screw rio in particular for messing up my pug chances like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I got refused for a +12 Plaguefall after having a PF14 completed in time because the almighty god raider.io said otherwise.
    Or maybe you wouldn't be invited anyway? And maybe you get invited based on your rio when you otherwise wouldn't.

Once again blaming the wrong party.

Just delete this useless, resource-taking and daily updating bullshit addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroes View Post
    Or maybe you wouldn't be invited anyway? And maybe you get invited based on your rio when you otherwise wouldn't.

Once again blaming the wrong party.
    That is some jumping to conclusions there.

I main a MM hunter with about 220ilvl. Thanks to the aforementioned raider.io incident, in multiple occasions I got invited to +12/+13 parties, only to be kicked a second later with the leader /whsipering me "sorry man, too low raider.io score". I have the keystone feat of strength to prove that I am not bullshitting around, but people would just look at raiderio score and send me away.

It is understandable to do that, since you cannot check every player in-depth, but I got screwed up big time by something outside of my power for no good reason at all.

If I do get invited (either by groups that consider ilvl>score, or after I fixed the issue myself by running a ton of keys and thus I got an acceptable score again), I pull my weight and I usually time the thing. I should also mention that I am clearing +15s in time with my guild, so the issue is just with pugs as I mentioned in OP.

So yes, I would be invited anyway, and I got invited to groups despite my messed up score. The core issue is that I did absolutely nothing wrong to have it messed up from one day to the other and I absolutely loathe that my M+ efficiency is dictated by some turds outside of the game that can spill coffee on their keyboard one morning and wipe my score data in a second. I am absolutely blaming the correct party.