Page 1 of 2
LastLast

raider.io completely broken

Hey guys,

i am so done with that shit site. 70% of my characters on 2 different EU realms are not able to be updated / not exists. Instead some level 50 that i not really played since 2+ years shows up.

what do i mean with „not updated / not exists“:

i mean, i can go to WoW Armory or the API itself (JSON) and see all my actual and correct updated stuff on all my characters. But when i go to raider.io and search that characters, raider.io not even have them in search. so, i go on raider.io and click „update now“ and entering my realm and my character, to queue up for updating (i am not a patreon), then raider.io tells me that „something went wrong“ and he can not find my character. this is true for 7 of 11 characters on a EU realm and also true for another 4 of 7 characters on another EU realm.

btw: plz do not advice raider.io client addon. it changes nothing. thx

also the search box can not find some old level 50 character, by typing in name and/or realm. but when i go to „update now“ or simply entering directly the name and realm in the url, the character shows up.

this whole raider.io stuff is so a fucked up buggy shit stuff (not even discussing here the pro/con of WoW influence), i am sooo done with that halfassed patreon/ads shit. dont get me wrong: it was once in the past noble when cool ppls wanna do something for the community, like raider.io or ask mr. robot etc. Thats a nice move. But when that things starting to become an investment and they have to finance them (server costs etc), it starts the need of patreon etc. and sometimes i get the feeling that ppl become greedy and not solely just wanna finance their servers and work, but wanna earn some extra money. Even that is all good and fine. Totally no offense here and i have zero problem with that. It is fine to get paid for what you do/offer. But: Why do they have to put thousands of features into that and bloat it up like ... whatever, until half of it not really works ??? When you wanna do big shit, learn to be a professional developer and do it right, or just stick with the base features. That whole stuff is so bloated and halfassed ... god.

In the end of the day, i would love to say „if you do not like it (because it is broken as shit) then do not use it“. But that shit became so mandatory by the community, i wish that fucked up raider.io ppl just watch closely and care that it works solid, instead of building a super cool fancy website with 1000 features that most of the time not really works.

what a fucked up shit stuff. imo. after 15 years not even the actual game design direction but also shit like this definetely wanna make me to end my wow career. its reallly frustrating.

but this is just my opinion. so, what is your experience with that stuff ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-13 at 12:34 AM.

I hope you okay, you seem little bit on the edge

Maybe technical staff from RIO can help you with your problem? I honestly haven't experienced any issues with the site.

inb4 someone tries to pin the issue on blizzard and not the ppl who made raider io

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I hope you okay, you seem little bit on the edge

Maybe technical staff from RIO can help you with your problem? I honestly haven't experienced any issues with the site.
    ofc i am ok. maybe i sound more stressed than i am. hopefully my nerves system not break by a gaming website.

its just a bit of a mess and its really annoying when you just „wanna play wow“ these days.

@Topic: hmm, so maybe you are some of the lucky guys, when you never had any problems. i looked at it, doing some google searches, and to me it seems i am not alone. and there are reddits with all sorts of problems, already years ago.

so i was just curious and therefore asking here if i am the only guy with bad luck on mmoc ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    inb4 someone tries to pin the issue on blizzard and not the ppl who made raider io
    yeah sure, someone will call Blizz responsive for it.

their (raider.io) faq and help stuff does make it really not that simple to get help. so i wrote it on twitter. beneath a thousand other ppls having problems. the sad side of it is, that something that is so halfassed became so mandatory. would love to see such community stuff more basic wise, just doing solid what it should do, instead of such bloated halfassed shit. or, if it was not that mandatory, i just could ignore it. both would be fine to me. but the actual situation.... meeeh, wanna make search a new „all in“ game for the next 15 years.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-13 at 12:28 AM.

Ohh nooo... Raider.io is broken? ... What a shame!

My bad opinion about it aside, as we agree its kinda fucked up but also helps a little bit to get some order into the nightmare that ins random-pugging... Since when is it broken?
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

They tend to have some downtime from time to time. Try checking tomorrow, it should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Ohh nooo... Raider.io is broken? ... What a shame!

My bad opinion about it aside, as we agree its kinda fucked up but also helps a little bit to get some order into the nightmare that ins random-pugging... Since when is it broken?
    if i can trust google, for some/many ppl since... years. for me its broken literally since SL release. and to be fair: this is nothing new, when „additional stuff“ like this breaks with new xpacs. but, SL release was a half year ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    They tend to have some downtime from time to time. Try checking tomorrow, it should be ok.
    it is not ok since months. at least my main char worked for a while. sometimes he does sometimes not (i.e. xmas holiday nothing worked). while other characters not working at all, since SL release. now raider.io can not find even that main char since 3-4 days (maybe since reset, so it could be a 9.0.5 issue).

Why make a thread on mmo-c when there's nothing we can do here for you. The dudes from r.io are very active on their discord, just go on there, follow the info in #welcome-and-faq, if that doesn't help take a look at #known-issues and when still not solved ask for help in #support.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    it is not ok since months. at least my main char worked for a while. sometimes he does sometimes not (i.e. xmas holiday nothing worked). while other characters not working at all, since SL release. now raider.io can not find even that main char since 3-4 days (maybe since reset, so it could be a 9.0.5 issue).
    Have you tried contacting them on their discord? (I didn't find any supporrt/help me link on the website).

but this is just my opinion. so, what is your experience with that stuff ?
    My experience is that contacting them on their Discord is quick and easy and gets problems resolved. People need to stop raging when free software doesn't perform perfectly.

Of course it is completely broken, but sadly it is forced upon us.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    My experience is that contacting them on their Discord is quick and easy and gets problems resolved. People need to stop raging when free software doesn't perform perfectly.
    i could use the answer of @schwarzkopf below directly here as answer.

i totally agree: free software has not to perform well. IF i have the freedom of choice, to ignore it (when i dislike the nonperforming issues more than i like the free software).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    see above

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why make a thread on mmo-c when there's nothing we can do here for you. The dudes from r.io are very active on their discord, just go on there, follow the info in #welcome-and-faq, if that doesn't help take a look at #known-issues and when still not solved ask for help in #support.
    as my OP stated (maybe not clearly enough) i do not search for help here (ofc), i am rather more interessted on other mmoc users experiences with raider.io, because i am curious if i am alone with my personal experiences. and also just for my personal interests, what experiences other ppls have.

i mean, come on. its mmoc. there have been waaaay more useless threads. (i look at you, ghost of dead Jaylock ^^)
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-13 at 01:44 AM.

i totally agree: free software has not to perform well. IF i have the freedom of choice, to ignore it (when i dislike the nonperforming issues more than i like the free software).
    No, it's not conditional on your completely subjective viewpoint. They don't owe you anything and it's pathetic to be here crying about free software having a bug they would be glad to address for you if you weren't too lazy just to contact them.

A lot of bad players cry about raider.io like it's taking something away from them. What they don't understand is that without rio, LFG and key PUG'ing would look entirely different. Most good players would just wait for friends to come online if there was no way to vet strangers.

snip
    the website updates pretty fast its just the ingame one that might take an extra day or two just have to make sure you always update raiderio before you login and it catches up. I dont pug so it doesnt effect me getting a group anyway and im just over 1300 rating from just the past two weeks.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I would just push my own Keys

RadierIO is for new gen Mythic Grinders who want easy gear and easy runs

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, working fine for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, what is your experience with that stuff ?
    No issues.

this whole raider.io stuff is so a fucked up buggy shit stuff (not even discussing here the pro/con of WoW influence), i am sooo done with that halfassed patreon/ads shit.
    Don't use r.io then? Nobody is forcing you to use it granted the rest of the community is but hey it's their choice.

dont get me wrong: it was once in the past noble when cool ppls wanna do something for the community, like raider.io or ask mr. robot etc. Thats a nice move. But when that things starting to become an investment and they have to finance them (server costs etc), it starts the need of patreon etc. and sometimes i get the feeling that ppl become greedy and not solely just wanna finance their servers and work, but wanna earn some extra money. Even that is all good and fine. Totally no offense here and i have zero problem with that. It is fine to get paid for what you do/offer. But: Why do they have to put thousands of features into that and bloat it up like.
    I mean if you think you could do better then make your own. Call it Mythic Scores or M.io or some other name.

I think it's fair to say that development of raider.io isn't just "half assed" and is the result of some really great work by the people who made it, maintain it. And yeah that kind of stuff ain't cheap and honestly, they don't ask for much anyway. Base level is $5 USD per month, that's what 1 Starbucks Mocha Frapp Grande?

a super cool fancy website with 1000 features that most of the time not really works.
    What 1000 features that you speak of? Man I must have only barely used the website if there 1000 features...
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Who forced you? I had to install the add-on manually and my browser doesn't force me to open a tab with raider.io.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Who forced you? I had to install the add-on manually and my browser doesn't force me to open a tab with raider.io.
    cringe, you know what he means.

if i can trust google, for some/many ppl since... years. for me its broken literally since SL release. and to be fair: this is nothing new, when „additional stuff“ like this breaks with new xpacs. but, SL release was a half year ago...

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have an example of one of your characters that doesn't work? So we could test and see if there's something missing? (or you can PM me and I'll take a look)

Worth a shot anyways