Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Loot for retards mode begs to differ
    LFR doesn't affect the other difficulty levels in any way. People that do it were never going to touch the other levels. Plus old raids from Wrath earlier were basically LFR in how easy they were.

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    I did layer 8 around ~195 on monk, but it requires some busted combos. Not all classes have access to that kind of thing.
    its layer 8 twisting corridors so its scales much higher than a normal 8 still can be doable thought but will be a challenge if you dont get decent powers, a normal 8 torghast run is easy, twisting corridors just scales much higher so some mobs can almost 1 shot you so its luck and some skill dependant.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    because it makes people believe they need those ilvls to do it...

It literally says "recommended"

Why do you have it in your head that it's "required" or even "needed" when the word is "recommended"?

And I'll ask again, is it that hard to imagine that some players may need to wait until around that item level or higher to fully complete it?

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah but is you are sitting on 190 ilvl and you see that? You are prolly gonna walk the other way.
    yeah, as you should, most 190's cant do layer 8 of the twisting corridors. i was only able to do it cause im the most broken spec in torghast, and also i knew how to reset spam torghast to get the exact power i needed at the start.

Some people have even done it naked, but its specific specs with specific powers.

anyone can do it, but until you get high ivll its mostly a waste of time.

It’s only a recommendation. I solo 8 with a mere 207

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    WoW's population:

as an arms warrior who did it at 202 ilvl X) it suits us really well x)

Loot for retards mode begs to differ
    These kind of statements are sad and sickening to see.

LFR brings raid content to a large group who would otherwise never see it. It offers them a way to improve their characters without the burden of organized group content that requires a long-term commitment to complete. It keeps them engaged in the game, paying a sub, and that means we get expansions and content for years to come.

Why does it upset you so much that other people can earn gear, too?

Herald of the Titans MrPaladinGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    These kind of statements are sad and sickening to see.
    Why do you see a single comment as someone "being upset"
    10850k @ all-core 5GHz | RTX 3080 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset
    After 16 years I am no longer MrPaladinGuy, I am now- MrHunterGuy | Shadowlands blows, currently very casually messing around in TBC Classic

It's not the same for every class and spec and that's before you even take player ability into account.... and then there are some final bosses that are far harder than others. I managed to do it on BM hunter solo but it took me 3 tries and a bit of luck with powers. If I didn't get the +15% increased damage per floor (but lowers hp) power I doubt it would even be possible.

I had to kill it in the duration of aspect of the turtle and face tank it (turn off growl on pet) because I had about 40k hp despite having 12 hp powers and a lot of healing powers. I've heard some classes specs can kill the bosses in seconds. Not the case for BM....

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    WoW's population:

Literally the funniest shit I have seen in a long time. This is so true. LMAO

a friend of mine was wanting to do twisting corridors and asked me how he's supposed to do it when it's recommended ilvl 225 for layer 8...

i went to check what he means...

snip

225?? for layer 8 twisting corridors? why? it's doable solo long before that...
    The recommendation is correct. It's assuming the player doesn't understand how to stack appropriate anima powers. You can't clear Layer 8 without doing so but once you get to around ilvl 225 the anima powers you grab do not matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Wtf is this getting worked up over nothing...?
    Welcome to the MMO-Champion forums.
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    its layer 8 twisting corridors so its scales much higher than a normal 8 still can be doable thought but will be a challenge if you dont get decent powers, a normal 8 torghast run is easy, twisting corridors just scales much higher so some mobs can almost 1 shot you so its luck and some skill dependant.
    It was twisting. Said busted combo is tumbling rollstone + roll charges + 5x corrosive + unfiltered bone broth.

Roll through the floor, corrosive anything that follows. Repeat. On the boss, roll up some immunity, blow up the boss with corrosive + unfiltered bone broth.

Why do you see a single comment as someone "being upset"
    Calling LFR "loot for retards" mode is proof enough.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    The recommendation is correct. It's assuming the player doesn't understand how to stack appropriate anima powers. You can't clear Layer 8 without doing so but once you get to around ilvl 225 the anima powers you grab do not matter at all.
    With chains of ice ussage it takes a solid hour with 1.000.000 - 1.500.000 DPS from a blood DK in a 5 player group on level 8. I fear to guess how a full anima ignorant group of 225 players will ever finish it and how long it might take them.

This was with a ilvl 200 blood dk, so ilvl means not much.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

It's weird. I've done it with ilv 160. It must be a bug or something.

Herald of the Titans MrPaladinGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Calling LFR "loot for retards" mode is proof enough.
    An observation does not = being upset
    10850k @ all-core 5GHz | RTX 3080 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 SSD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset
    After 16 years I am no longer MrPaladinGuy, I am now- MrHunterGuy | Shadowlands blows, currently very casually messing around in TBC Classic

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    You definitely don't need 225 as multiple people including myself did it at 218 with full pvp gear and garbage trinkets. I do think they tweaked something on Torghast since the latest patch... I have a druid 196 ilvl used to have good and bad runs but this week i went in for the lols and got pounded way harder than usual. Maybe it's that mortregar + spellcaster combo who knows.
    I did it with the covenant gear, albeit carried by broken anima powers. But still...
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

a friend of mine was wanting to do twisting corridors and asked me how he's supposed to do it when it's recommended ilvl 225 for layer 8...

i went to check what he means...

225?? for layer 8 twisting corridors? why? it's doable solo long before that...
    It is just a recommendation. Nothing more. Not a requirement.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

I did twisted corridors layer 8 at like ilvl200 or even less (the first week it came out). Basically overall ilvl doesn't even matter in torghast at all. It's all about getting the powers.