Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    stop saying 1-2% unless you can back the number up. Your whole argument rests on that number, which is you literally made up to prove your point.
    thos are literaly numbers of KSM from Legion , BfA 8.1 and 8.2 and SL .

only tier when more people completed KSM was 8.3 when people did m+ with crazy corruptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    it doesnt even matter if what he sais is true,i wasnt talking about ksm,he responded to me saying that to a person who claims his 220+ grp cant time 10 keys,and hes telling me that its hardcore to complete content 20 ilvls lower than you,either hes high or he didnt read the discussion
    i dont find it surprising. from my experience most of 215 pugs usually barely time +10 or go over time.

its like 50:50 - either you ahve people with whom you time it with 10 mintues to spare or you have people who cannot time it even with that gear.

and all of them have the same r.io .

thats the reality of wow pugs.

how do i know it ? i do +10 on 3 chars each week for few weeks not - why +10 ? it took me nearly 1 hour to get my 218 DH into 1x +12 this week .

maybe you have multiple hours to waste each week to spend browsing lfg. i dont.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

only tier when more people completed KSM was 8.3 when people did m+ with crazy corruptions.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont find it surprising. from my experience most of 215 pugs usually barely time +10 or go over time.

its like 50:50 - either you ahve people with whom you time it with 10 mintues to spare or you have people who cannot time it even with that gear.

how do i know it ? i do +10 on 3 chars each week for few weeks not - why +10 ? it took me nearly 1 hour to get my 218 DH into 1x +12 this week .

I either ask in guild for a spot,or i sign up to a 15....90% of the time i get invited and we do it,either we time it or we dont,no1 cares,people just want the weekly....im a resto shaman so maybe thats why i get faster groups as a healer,but even in bfa when shaman was the wworst m+ healer i had the same invite times...my rio is probably shit but my ilvl is high

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    The funny thing (in 11-14s) vs in higher keys that you see in streams or videos, is that when someone takes damage, they usually take more damage right after it. And its like -60% hp -60% hp etc etc.

So if you dont instantly heal them it loooks like youre not doing anything, when in reality they shouldnt be getting hit by things multiple times.
    Ahaha that is also true, there are often spikes over spikes. What people seem not to understand is that we don’t have 1-100% HPs buttons (at least not shamans). We have maybe 1-2 panic buttons with long cds and we cannot save everyone if everyone is ultra low and continue to take damage.

Let’s hope they will take less damage next time

Ok tell me why I should invite you to my key over the following
    Fire mage
    Shadow priest
    DK
    WW monk
    Hunter
    Balance Druid
    Arms warrior
    Havoc DH
    Shaman

Give me 3 good reasons

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Ok tell me why I should invite you to my key over the following
    Fire mage
    Shadow priest
    DK
    WW monk
    Hunter
    Balance Druid
    Arms warrior
    Havoc DH
    Shaman

Give me 3 good reasons
    Are you talking about warlocks?

- Good single target dps in tyrannical weeks
    - Soulstone
    - Healthstones
    - Portal skips
    - Banish
    - Cloth loot trading
    - AoE stun
    - Magic damage and scales with int (so good fit if you already have a mage and DH)

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Yes. Create than wipe on 1st pack. Tank is leaving GG. Ur key is dumped. Last week ive made like this. Done 1st instance than fail after 1st pack. Tank pulled too much and we wiped he left GG.
    One of the many occurrences in a pug group is that.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If it are official number, link please. Also bfa s1 e.g. had no incentive to do more than +10, SL has plenty motivation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post

- Soulstone
    - Healthstones
    - Portal skips
    - Banish
    - Cloth loot trading
    - AoE stun
    - Magic damage and scales with int (so good fit if you already have a mage and DH)
    Unfortunately it doesn't make up for the fairly weak trash damage which is like 90% of fucking m+. Lots of other classes can provide similar enough utility and blow up trash. Frankly I gave up and went destro. The single target isn't that far behind and the cleave/are is strong.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't make up for the fairly weak trash damage which is like 90% of fucking m+. Lots of other classes can provide similar enough utility and blow up trash. Frankly I gave up and went destro. The single target isn't that far behind and the cleave/are is strong.
    Destros are still warlocks though. I've had groups sometimes where we were 4 ppl and I was actively looking for a warlock for the last spot. But yeah, many ppl don't do that and just look at what the pros are doing, but there's nothing you can do to change those ppls minds...

Yes, thank you for suggesting the super obvious solution that nobody has known about until you posted it.

The "211" player represents players that are getting left behind by toxic logic just a little bit more each day. Just wait till season 2, the experience difference will be massive for 15's and up.

For the last time. Everyone knows you can make your own groups. Everyone knows it is easier to game with friends. You are not breaking news or informing anyone of something they have not known.

Ill do your snarky response for you. "Well i'm sure some people don't know." The people you are talking to in this thread are well aware that you can make your own groups.

We are talking about PUGGING.

And no, responding with "yea well im saying pugging sucks make your own group." Not helpful and off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Nobody joins groups created by DDs.
    I get people joining my group all the time. Warlock. Ilvl 192. Just did a 10 where the pugs were 215 plus. Took 2 mins to fill. Would you invite a lock with sub 200 rio, ilvl 192, and not meta? WOULD YOU? That's why I make my own. 3 druids and a hunter this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post

- Soulstone
    - Healthstones
    - Portal skips
    - Banish
    - Cloth loot trading
    - AoE stun
    soulstone is just a cr only benefit for it is you can put it on some 1 at any point
    healthstones additional health pot 1 point
    portal sips not really that great not much use for them
    banish a cc that cant be broken 1 point
    cloth loot trading something that isn't unique to locks so no dice there not a reason to bring them over a mage
    aoe stun haven't seen many if any locks utilising this
    magic dmg still not a reason to take them over a mage

i give you 2 points for this list

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Make.

Your.

Own.

Group.

(Now watch the very same people who whine about not being invited into groups only inviting meta classes and ignoring others.)
    Of course. If you don't know them and you're too lazy to investigate (rio) then do it. I try to invite any tank, resto shaman, and two of boomie, mage, or hunter. If I'm lucky enough to get tank first then I holdout for what I want with big ilvl. Been working really well over the last 8 days. Went from some scrub doing a 2 a week to a scrub doing a 10 a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its try but very irritating when it happens when you are overqualified for the grp you are signing for
    But are you the most over qualified? If you're not getting picked then you aren't.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Of course. If you don't know them and you're too lazy to investigate (rio) then do it. I try to invite any tank, resto shaman, and two of boomie, mage, or hunter. If I'm lucky enough to get tank first then I holdout for what I want with big ilvl. Been working really well over the last 8 days. Went from some scrub doing a 2 a week to a scrub doing a 10 a week.

- - - Updated - - -

But are you the most over qualified? If you're not getting picked then you aren't.
    now you are putting words into my mouth, i never said i was the most over qualified person for the grp.

i said that im over qualified for the group when i sign for a 15 with 1300 score as that's the score you get for clearing all 15s in time without going higher

so i'm saying that i'm overqualified not that i'm the most overqualified there is a difference and it's about time you realise that

Running your own +15 keys is far, far less painful than trying to get in one, and you don't even need a crazy high RIO to get skilled people to join. I was below 1150 when I started running my +15s and people applied in absolute droves, especially DPS; one can only wonder how many DPS apply to groups made by 1300+ players, especially tanks or healers. There's tons of skilled players just looking for a specific key, so yeah the 1450 Hunter or Mage with +17 experience will get taken over the 1300 Lock. That's how competition works when +15 keys are in very, very high demand.

Not that Locks are bad, of course not, they're in fact one of the better M+ class when played properly. You just try to get into keys that aren't yours as Fury.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    Yes, thank you for suggesting the super obvious solution that nobody has known about until you posted it.

The "211" player represents players that are getting left behind by toxic logic just a little bit more each day. Just wait till season 2, the experience difference will be massive for 15's and up.

For the last time. Everyone knows you can make your own groups. Everyone knows it is easier to game with friends. You are not breaking news or informing anyone of something they have not known.

Ill do your snarky response for you. "Well i'm sure some people don't know." The people you are talking to in this thread are well aware that you can make your own groups.

We are talking about PUGGING.

And no, responding with "yea well im saying pugging sucks make your own group." Not helpful and off topic.
    People are telling you the solutions. Currently the market is vastly over saturated with qualified (or at least well geared with good score) dps... Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not a solution. What would YOUR solution be and can you give me, as someone who runs my own keys, ONE reason why i should take someone with a lower rio score and lower item level than others when there's 50 ppl competing for 2-3 spots?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    Well that is a weak argument. If you open your group, even with good score, higher than needed for a +15, you have to wait a REAL long time for a tank if you are no meta specc. You get a lot of tanks, most of them with low rio or no experience in that stone lvl, i.e SD +15 and tank got untimed 11 as best key.
    Or ofc, you can get a real good tank, but he got a "friend" that you will have to carry...

Good and experienced tanks can choose their grp, why they should list in a grp with no metas, knowing it will take longer and will be harder to time/finish it ?

The key problem is balance! Or overtuned Dungeons. But 5 low performing meta-players will have an easier run timing a +15 than 5 high performing players on bad speccs/covenants. A real good played warlock will perform worse than a medium played firemage. And if you invite a warlock or join a warlock grp you cant know if he is a good performing player.

@OP
    the easiest solution is collecting non meta tanks on your friendslist. It will take some time, it will cost some keys, but it will make your m+ life so much more comfortable for future runs/seasons.
    TIL that it takes ages for a tank. I mean it takes a shitty ilvl 192 warlock almost 2 mins to find a 220 tank for a 10. It.must be my rio score of under 200 which reeled him in.

You're just using any excuse to be lazy. How about you make your own group and do your daily chores or do some farming or talk to someone else or watch a video. Anything is better than applying and then being rejected. What do you think you have to do? Actually lead the group?
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    The experience difference will be the same. A person stuck at item level 211 now will be stuck at the equivalent of 211 in season 2. And they will have experience running the exact same content they have now. You seem to be getting way to upset over a simple discussion. If you want to ensure you get in a group as a DPS meta or non-meta spec you create your own group.

Because DPS regardless of spec still competes with dozens of others applying to that pug. Creating your own group, or finding friends through pugging, are the only viable way to fix this issue. Because it ensures you have a reserved spot in any run.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

soulstone is just a cr only benefit for it is you can put it on some 1 at any point
    It's a CR, it's a reason to bring a warlock if you don't have a CR in your group or want a second one.

portal sips not really that great not much use for them
    That's debatable. Not having to use invis pots means you can use dmg pots and your healer can use mana pots

aoe stun haven't seen many if any locks utilising this
    How is that even relevant? Having an aoe stun is a big advantage. If all the warlocks you know don't use it, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist

cloth loot trading something that isn't unique to locks so no dice there not a reason to bring them over a mage
    magic dmg still not a reason to take them over a mage
    They are good reasons to bring a WL over a mage if other points from this list apply, like if you need a CR

i give you 2 points for this list
    To be honest I don't care about your points. Everything I listed are valid reasons to invite warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Ya, meta spec X will clear a key 20 seconds faster than non-meta spec Z, so let's just never bring Z. That is the current reality.

At least in raids bringing non-meta specs makes sense to some degree since if you brought all of the same classes, people would struggle to get geared.
    Nah, it's not like that at all. Trash prob makes up 2 thirds of the time. If your meta is doubling the non meta which is reasonable to expect then you would think that it would take about 3 mins longer in a 40 min dungeon. For 1 bad dps. Make them all non meta and that's 9 mins. Reason enough not to take the gamble.
    why so mad bro