Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
... LastLast
  1. #561
    I am Murloc! Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Would be funny to see this considering how many keys get carried by the difference in dps and player skill, the amount of depleted keys thanks to all the awful dps grouping together thanks to the system would be great, you know, those dps that feel that are doing a good job by pulling shitty 4-5k overalls xd
    I can do 9-10k overall in a HoA quite easily, then the next run barely breaking 5k. All depends on the tank and his pulls.

    You can easily time all 15s with small pulls and 4-5k overall dps. Won't be much of an issue until you start doing +18s.

    Not to mention the dps people who often think themselves good players with their decent overall dps, yet ignore their lack of interrupts and all the avoidable damage they took. Good luck in high keys with such gameplay lmao.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Why don't you answer the question? You have an open dps position in your group, and both a 210 and 225 apply for the spot. Assume the same class/spec. Which one do you invite?
    If it was me, the 210 one.
    Hi

  2. #562
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Its okay queue as balance and switch right before you enter. Since you run Balance affinity stand around in moonkin until the yellow bubble starts.



    I KNEW IT.

    100% why it's easier to get invites on my Mistweaver at my RIO than on my other healers. YOU CANT SUCK AND GET HIGH IO ON CRAP CLASSES.
    loljk
    Switching to balance just before the timer is about to run out is dishonest. Because you switch from range to melee.

    And you other point is ? Off meta players tend to be better overall than fotm, that is all I am saying.

  3. #563
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Why don't you answer the question? You have an open dps position in your group, and both a 210 and 225 apply for the spot. Assume the same class/spec. Which one do you invite?
    I probably would invite the 225. But it sounds more like, even if you didn't get flooded with invites (which you notably do, as seen in a SS i posted earlier), you'd wait for a 225 based on your experience with a 225 being higher damage than a 215 (cuz duh). And logically that means you only want 225s. If that's not true, and you only take 225s when it's direct competition, you're not presenting that clearly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Switching to balance just before the timer is about to run out is dishonest. Because you switch from range to melee.

    And you other point is ? Off meta players tend to be better overall than fotm, that is all I am saying.
    My other point was actually agreeing with you -- I know the loljk seems like it was being sarcastic. I actually said the same thing you said to my friend yesterday; my mistweaver really does get more invites than my meta at "highish" IOs, because I assume people are like you can't get there if you suck as a "Crap class"

    And Yes, it is totally dishonest. That part was a joke about the Moonkin.

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

    thats why they only want 226+ in their 14/15s . because only this allows for it to happen .

    its shame people in wow dont have balls to admit they just want to be carried and turn +14 into lfr mode.
    Is it a carry if im also high ilvl and contributing the same level of dps? A lot of us worked our way up thru the same struggles. Now that we've achieved it, we want to find other similar players to knock out some easy m+ for the vault.

  5. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    I probably would invite the 225. But it sounds more like, even if you didn't get flooded with invites (which you notably do, as seen in a SS i posted earlier), you'd wait for a 225 based on your experience with a 225 being higher damage than a 215 (cuz duh). And logically that means you only want 225s. If that's not true, and you only take 225s when it's direct competition, you're not presenting that clearly.
    I don't know if you were talking about me personally, and which of my posts gave you that impression.

    For me personally the most imporatant thing is group composition - things like having at least 1 CR, having BL, having good synergies (like monk/warri/hunter or dh/mage/another caster), having the correct dispels for the dungeon/affix (like having an enrage dispel for raging weeks or to a lesser extent dungeons like DOS/TOP), and not having 4 melees + holy pala in storming/quaking weeks. I invite off-meta classes all the time, because most of them have a lot of utility in their own way, and as long as I have a good overall group composition for the dungoen/affix, I'm fine with anything...

    Second most important thing is to check if I think the person is capable of finishing the dungeon in time. That means either having done this dungeon at that key level in time before, or having other dungeons at that level (or close to that level) in time. I also check if they are boosted or legit. That whole paragraph is a long way of saying I'm checking their rio, but I do more than just look at a number. Obviously I don't invite some dps to a +15, when all they have is a timed +13 and a couple of failed +14s.

    Item level is the least important thing for me tbh - if there's a 210 applying to my +15, who has other keys on 15 (+2) or 16 even, then I see no reason not to invite that guy. Unless there's a 225 with the same "stats" though, that is.

  6. #566
    You can just queue for 16 or 17? I found that it's way easier to get into higher keys or to get decent people in higher keys, since almost everyone does 14/15 for the weekly chest, but only more dedicated people try anything higher.

  7. #567
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    The big difference is, no tank or healer would ever queue up for that. They can just choose any group they want without waiting time anyway, so how would this help anyone? DPS players would probably just sit in queues for hours without finding groups.
    Why not? Especially in low keys imho could be noice addition.

    Maybe you’re right instead, but why don’t giving it a try?

  8. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

    Today I joined a PF 12, we were all 900 to 950 rio. The tank was good, but all dps had 3k dps. All of 3. HOW THE HELL DID YOU REACH 950 rio WITH 3k DPS? Infact the run took 65 minutes and 70 deaths to be completed.

    And this happens all the fokkin times. It’s the people, not the game.
    the same way me and my guild did +14 in time with 195-200 ilvl and 3k dps in the pre mythic raid week by not being bad
    I.O BFA Season 3


  9. #569
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you just described the collosal difference between coordingated very experienced group and majority of playerbase.

    dont get me wrong because i agree with you 100% about "thats how it should look like in current iteration of hardmodes " - but majorty of playerbase does not play this way .

    now a huge problem arises. blizzard has 2 groups - 1 enormous - majority of playerbase who "play like shit" and tiny minority of people who play like you experienced.

    you cannot have a good healthy game if you cater it only to latter group

    thats the cardinal sin of SL and modern wow - its catering content only to tiny minority .

    and thats why its such a collosal failure of a game which already lost 60 % of players.

    - - - Updated - - -



    4/5k overall is more then enough to smoothly clear 12/13. as long as you do mechanics.

    what you are looking for is people doing 6/7k overall which lets you bypass mechanics and cover most of fuck ups.

    ie. you are looking for a carry and you are dissapointed you dont find it in pugs.

    in general what most are looking for is enough dps to burst stuff down before mechanics happens.

    thats why they only want 226+ in their 14/15s . because only this allows for it to happen .

    its shame people in wow dont have balls to admit they just want to be carried and turn +14 into lfr mode.
    I understand what are you trying to say here, but there will always be an easy/mid/difficult type of content.

    I mean I’m the first who whines about pugs being often bad but if players don’t learn for example to dps while avoiding being hit, what can Blizzard do? Trivialize anything until 15 included? I don’t see easy solutions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Is it a carry if im also high ilvl and contributing the same level of dps? A lot of us worked our way up thru the same struggles. Now that we've achieved it, we want to find other similar players to knock out some easy m+ for the vault.
    This is somewhat true but when you worked over it you hadn’t the luxury to see these many 220+ ppl applying.

    There are a lot of reasons behind many still climbing, mine for example is playing only in pug for 10 hours a week in sessions of about 1 hour. So I’m still 212 with 1000 rio and in the 12-13 bracket.

    One friend of mine pugged his way to KSM either, but he played 5 hours a day minimum and got it two months ago.

    People still “struggling” are not necessarily bad players.

  10. #570
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I understand what are you trying to say here, but there will always be an easy/mid/difficult type of content.

    I mean I’m the first who whines about pugs being often bad but if players don’t learn for example to dps while avoiding being hit, what can Blizzard do? Trivialize anything until 15 included? I don’t see easy solutions.

    - - - Updated - - -


    This is somewhat true but when you worked over it you hadn’t the luxury to see these many 220+ ppl applying.

    There are a lot of reasons behind many still climbing, mine for example is playing only in pug for 10 hours a week in sessions of about 1 hour. So I’m still 212 with 1000 rio and in the 12-13 bracket.

    One friend of mine pugged his way to KSM either, but he played 5 hours a day minimum and got it two months ago.

    People still “struggling” are not necessarily bad players.
    I got mine almost a month ago. 3 -4 play sessions of about 3 hours at a time each week. So 9-12 hours weekly.

    I dont think they are bad players. I just dont want to "struggle" along with them on my main. Got 2 alts im reclimbing with. A resto druid at ~950, and an ele shaman i just hit 60 with 2 weeks ago. Ill struggle thru groups with them. If affixes aren't awful for my main, I wanna do a quick 4 m+ 14/15 for vault, them switch back to alts.

  11. #571
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    the same way me and my guild did +14 in time with 195-200 ilvl and 3k dps in the pre mythic raid week by not being bad
    Of course this can be done if you do guild runs, with good people and team chat.

    There’s almost always no similar scenario in pugs. Also we are taking about people doing 3k dps with 210+ Ilvl. I am fine with a 195 dps doing 3k while also not dying to mechanics, less fine with 215 ppl doing 3.5k dps while also taking every type of damage possible.

    Last scenario is the more usual. I bet these people play so much that one time on ten they are just lucky enough to being picked by a good group and being carried.

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    the same way me and my guild did +14 in time with 195-200 ilvl and 3k dps in the pre mythic raid week by not being bad
    Well that's lower dps than my 198 rogue geared to the teeth in PvP honor gear.
    I must be good.

  13. #573
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Well that's lower dps than my 198 rogue geared to the teeth in PvP honor gear.
    I must be good.
    you know that we had no mythic conduits and renown 9? and no legos right? cuz we wr 30 players didnt craft shit till myhtic week
    I.O BFA Season 3


  14. #574
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    Yeap, you did guess right !

    Warlock !

    Title says it all..

    I've nothing to say. Thank you.
    Be thankful that your support abilities are still needed in raid... oh wait.

    Yeah, Warlocks and Hunters really got screwed over this expansion. This has had me considering to reroll to a different class.

  15. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Would be funny to see this considering how many keys get carried by the difference in dps and player skill, the amount of depleted keys thanks to all the awful dps grouping together thanks to the system would be great, you know, those dps that feel that are doing a good job by pulling shitty 4-5k overalls xd
    4-5k overall is actually enough to do 13-14s. It's certainly not great but it'll get you through the dungeon until reasonably high levels

  16. #576
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycras View Post
    Yeap, you did guess right !

    Warlock !

    Title says it all..

    I've nothing to say. Thank you.
    I have 1200 all 14's with a couple 13's and a single 12. I even have a couple 14++
    I am 222 ilvl.
    I can't even get into 13's most of the time.

    I am gunna have to buy KSM at this point.

    Warlock.

  17. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I have 1200 all 14's with a couple 13's and a single 12. I even have a couple 14++
    I am 222 ilvl.
    I can't even get into 13's most of the time.

    I am gunna have to buy KSM at this point.

    Warlock.
    I know it doesn't help to say, but seriously just use your own Key. I hate that people say that, but I have zero problems getting full 226 people in my 15s. And I make my own. And dont have to worry about anybody wanting me or not. And the good news is, if you clear a 15 once youll be set forever; a new key each week - and if you time the 15, a 16 to delevel, or a 14 to boost if you dont.

  18. #578
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    4-5k overall is actually enough to do 13-14s. It's certainly not great but it'll get you through the dungeon until reasonably high levels
    Dude trust me, I would pay to see dps doing 5k average on a 13. XD

  19. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I have 1200 all 14's with a couple 13's and a single 12. I even have a couple 14++
    I am 222 ilvl.
    I can't even get into 13's most of the time.

    I am gunna have to buy KSM at this point.

    Warlock.
    My guildie, a warlock, has similar problem as you. He is well above 220 ilvl, cleared CN hc and has a pretty decent raider.io. He always complains that noone takes him, a demo warlock, to dungeons cause he is not "meta". Yet when we take him with us, all he does is complain how the DH tank is too fast and he cant keep up and how DH's are bad cause they are old warlock abilities reskinned and how that class should be deleted. Then he refuses to use invi pots to skip packs cause he came to do damage not run around. After every skip or detour we have to wait for him to "let me summon my pets". Every time he dies, its the same. When he dies: "Im not a boomkin man, I cant teleport out" "Im not a mage I dont have iceblock", "I dont have disengage" etc.
    Now this is all cool but you know whats weird. Almost every warlock I have invited to my group this expansion is the same more or less. This thread here sadly proves that its true yet again. Now like my good old friend once said, noone dislikes you cause of your gender, race, class etc, most dislike you cause you are cunts ingame. Simple^^
    P.S This does not mean you are cunt, did not mean to offend.

  20. #580
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I have 1200 all 14's with a couple 13's and a single 12. I even have a couple 14++
    I am 222 ilvl.
    I can't even get into 13's most of the time.

    I am gunna have to buy KSM at this point.

    Warlock.
    I think that it’s maybe time to start using your key.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •