Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And there's dozens of others like you applying too... you ain't that special OP.

Oh no, he's completely special. It's happening to him! And it's not his fault.

When you are just 1 person among 100 other people queueing up per second, the LFG queue is at warp speed. But nooooooooope; definitely because of his class.

His class that he is able to get to 1500 R.IO and over 200 item level with, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    But guess what? You don't need a timer to keep dungeons relevant.

Has nothing to do with them "being too hard". I like that they're hard. I hate the timer, and the culture that evolves around that timer existing.
    The timer is there to add some difficulty (spare me the fake difficulty argument cause it does add it) and prevents the cheesing to some extent, cause if you had no timers you would have teams doing a +22 in 35 mins planning the route and the pulls + cds and another team doing the same +22 in 3 hours using bl for every pull of 4 mobs at a time, if you think that the second team has any idea of the game compared to the first team, then theres not much argument to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    OK so just yesterday a friend of mine (fire mage) pasted to me into discord a screenshot showing how may applicants there were for the key he had just joined (they were still looking for one more dps).105. I have the screenshot if you want. Out of these, there is a high chance a lot of these are over your rio (because ppl also farm VP these days) and are more "meta". So when you can pick whatever you want, you won't get it. Too much competition for dps spots and this won't change any time soon.
    Also, gear used to factor in a bit, but now anyone who is serious about pugging has already achieved or bought duelist rank for full bis gear. So in this regard, gear kinda doesn't matter anymore.

I don't have any advice. We see this over and over and this won't change unless Blizz changes meta every two days until ppl get tired of knowing what is best.
    I play with friends and do 17s-18s and we have the most non meta grp: paladin tank, druid healer, frost mage, affli lock and retri paladin or another affli lock. So as probably everyone suggests - you can try to do your key (though with pugs you never know, they might fuck up your key and leave and that's too bad) or try to make friends and play together. I actually noticed that a lot of puggers don't have this concept - they keep going solo solo without trying to form connections. In which case, you accept the situation, because a lot of people are in the same situation (have no desire to form connections but want to be literally the 1 pick from 100 strangers).
    The valor system introduced a perverted effect :

1- People who get their achievement will now farm +15 for loot. They got higher RIO that those who couldn't have the achievement last week
    2- The people without achivement will now be stuck because the +15 will litteraly be invaded by higher RIO player that are only there to farm their loot to upgrade.

In short, we're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    OK so just yesterday a friend of mine (fire mage) pasted to me into discord a screenshot showing how may applicants there were for the key he had just joined (they were still looking for one more dps).105. I have the screenshot if you want. Out of these, there is a high chance a lot of these are over your rio (because ppl also farm VP these days) and are more "meta". Too much competition for dps spots and this won't change any time soon.
    Also, gear used to factor in a bit, but now anyone who is serious about pugging has already achieved or bought duelist rank for full bis gear. So in this regard, gear kinda doesn't matter anymore.

I don't have any advice. We see this over and over and this won't change unless Blizz changes meta every two days until ppl get tired of knowing what is best.
    I play with friends and do 17s-18s and we have the most non meta grp: paladin tank, druid healer, frost mage, affli lock and retri paladin or another affli lock. So as probably everyone suggests - you can try to do your key (though with pugs you never know, they might fuck up your key and leave and that's too bad) or try to make friends and play together. I actually noticed that a lot of puggers don't have this concept - they keep going solo solo without trying to form connections. In which case, you accept the situation, because a lot of people are in the same situation (have no desire to form connections but want to be literally the 1 pick from 100 strangers).
    When I was doing my 15 DoS key had so many applicants and over 15 whispers asking for invite. OP has to realize DPS are dime a dozen

Lycras: Hi, my name is Lycras and I am a warlock.
    MMO-C community: Hi, Lycras!

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    Its the fucking same with resto druid now, waste my whole time in game looking for groups, and said screw it and stopped playing in the end
    I never have issues doing 15+ on main or alts because I run it with the guild or community groups... people seem to think pugs are obligated to invite you, just because... they're not.

But if you refuse to do it with a guild or such organized groups such as communities, and opt to solely rely on pugs, that is on you and have zero right to complain about it. Like I said, people aren't obligated to invite you... if you want to do pugs you're better off making the group yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    The timer is there to add some difficulty (spare me the fake difficulty argument cause it does add it) and prevents the cheesing to some extent, cause if you had no timers you would have teams doing a +22 in 35 mins planning the route and the pulls + cds and another team doing the same +22 in 3 hours using bl for every pull of 4 mobs at a time, if you think that the second team has any idea of the game compared to the first team, then theres not much argument to be had.
    I have no problem with a bad group clearing it slower than a good group. That's how things always were.

All you have to do is adjust drop rates to compensate.

Again, keep your elitist min-max "r.io" (I will never fucking touch this addon in my life) m+. As long as timed m+ is relevant, i'm not playing. And no, you can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guessed warrior or shaman dps.

I think the issue at the moment is the overwhelming number of people signing to 15s looking for the achievement, I've joined groups and seen 40+ other signs which is ridiculous and obviously creating a bad experience for the vast majority of players. More people ideally need to use their own keys because it feels like 90%+ of players aren't at the moment and just expect to join somebody elses which obviously doesn't work very well for the numbers.

Alternatively try signing up for 16s, its actually easier to get accepted since everyone in this game bottlenecks into the path of least resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    I get invites as a warlock. Dont really know what you are doing wrong. Maybe applying to groups with 1 tank 1 heal and 2 dps?

- - - Updated - - -

It is just much more inefficient to make your own groups. So if your class can only get into a m+ run, by doing it, it s a pretty big disadvantage.
    Making your own groups is the most efficient way to clear dungeons. You already in group. You decide who the other guys are. Big advantage. Also you are doing content that you suppose to be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I constantly see warriors in 15ies.
    So should be np as a WL.

I get invited alot with my 210 chars.
    Just be patient, watch a movie while spamming groups, eventually you'll get invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    With 1.5k rio, i believe even meta specs have problems getting into 15s...

1.5k is nothing anymore. Yes, it's far more than you need, but again, if you got mages applying with 1.8k, hunters with 1.9k and a balance druid with 1.7k - why would you pick a wl with 1.5k?

The issue is: not enough tanks. Tanks are the real bottleneck, followed by heals. As long as there are 40 dps applicants for one tank, there's no reason to pick random non meta specs with below 1.8k rio score...

The fun thing is: i got a DOS key this week, i was kind of frustrated because i believed DOS was a bad key this week (really is). But then i insetred it into the tool and flooded by 2k+ tanks and dps applying to my group...

Why should i pick YOU?
    Out of all my runs, the first ones to leave, flame, AND make absolutely stupid mistakes ARE the ones who are in the 1.8k+ range.
    They have all the free time in the world, and they are toxic af. Like, a 223 dh tank with 1.7k rio went yesterday on a PF+10, and pulled EVERYTHING to the first boss and we should aoe down them, wtf this is bolstering week man. Ok, that was our first and only wipe, but still. Wasn't a "fun" experience even when we 3-chested it. Mistakes by genuine "clumsiness" are far less toxic than BLASTers.

Weird I'm 200 ilvl with 0 io score and got invited to a +15 just last night, all I had to do was go with friends who are willing to carry all my alts. It's a fun experience, just hanging out on Discord talking shit and getting gear. I highly recommend finding some friends, makes the game a lot more fun.

Let us add a timer to raids then, while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Becouse fore person who make a group you are nothing more then a few leters with color and 2 numbers next to it, your number might be right but your color isnt , unless you can change that way of thinking onyl solution is "make your own group"

Despite what meny people will claim that blizz is responsible for lact of balance i woud say that you can mainly blaim this problem on players. When people prefer to min/max time effectivnes of video game there is litle developer can do exept force people to play the way they want by baning players fredom of choice
    Dude, it’s Blizzard’s fault 360 degrees, no discussion on that.

Until there is a timer, people will try to beat it and thus will choose classes that on paper perform better, by a wide margin.

It’s just “human”. As a healer for example I avoid signing every group with a warrior tank, no matter the rio, they just take too much damage for my taste.

Three solutions:
    - balance classes better
    - balance dungeons better
    - make timer less tightening adding some minutes here and there.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, unless there are super duper rewards, no one will accept taking 3 hours to compete whatever dungeon at whatever level. Also if you don’t known what to do and how, cooldowns won’t save you from bosses, regardless the M+ level, in Tyr weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    Let us add a timer to raids then, while we're at it.
    Bad trolling attempt but okay, maybe you dont even know that enrage exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

Dude, unless there are super duper rewards, no one will accept taking 3 hours to compete whatever dungeon at whatever level. Also if you don’t known what to do and how, cooldowns won’t save you from bosses, regardless the M+ level, in Tyr weeks.
    Dont underestimate how slow paced some people can be LOL but yeah it was an exaggeration just to show that a timer does make things harder for the sole reason of not being able to throw cds at every single pack and boss.

Shit players that don't know their place is the reason meta and scores exist. Good players need compensate what shit players lack, and get burned out. Good players invented meta specs to help out clueless players, can't fix their skills but at least they have the right tools if they ever bother to try be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    toxic af. Like, a 223 dh tank with 1.7k rio went yesterday on a PF+10, and pulled EVERYTHING to the first boss and we should aoe down them, wtf this is bolstering week man
    r.io goes both ways, to let you not invite underexperienced and also not overexperienced players. While it might be tempting to get a +20 tank in your +10 they are used to standard pulls that go horridly wrong when not everyone is used to them. Seen such a tank in a Tol Dagor once on my trash hunter pulling everything before first boss. Yeah I did that too on my main, but obviously wipe ensued in a pug.

Actin' like Elemental Shamans dont have it worse... At least party leaders dont mistake you for an enhancement melee shaman and decline using their massive boner for "ranged DPS"

Quote Originally Posted by Wedny22 View Post
    I think Warlocks are fine in M+. I dont understand these meta hungering idiots.
    For example; i play a LazorChickin, very poorly, my good Friend Plays a warrior, good, hè does more dmg then me, all the time, litterly all the time. Hè cannot get into Keys around 15, i can. No problemo. Why, people think we all MDI players, were not.

Note: we bot have KSM and Curver and 3mythic kills, so boring special.
    im not a meta hungering idiot but i still wouldn't bring a lock unless they were a friend, they don't bring anything (except hs) that cant be covered by another ranged, heck im 1.3 on my hunter and im getting insta declined for 14s

OP is exagerrating. He is probably applying for groups that have one dps spot and need something specific like lust or a meele. Of course in that case your io/ilvl is irrelevant as they're looking for a class not score. I would never apply to a group that has another mage even though I'm 1.6k IO and 226 ilvl. Get a weakaura/mod that shows group composition and avoid trying to join groups that aren't a good fit. If you were something like a dps war or a feral druid I'd believe you were having a lot more of these problems over a warlock.