Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It doesn't even matter which class you are. Start a group for a +15 and watch how quickly the group finder fills with 220-224 dps with 1400+ rio. It's not that they're deliberately not inviting you, they probably dont even acknowledge that you're in the sea of dps that just queued for their group

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I can't take this serious. all are 220? You can time +10 that with 3 players who are that geared and take two players who are 150ilvl.
    We have done that. I am a paladin tank 221, holy priest 213 and enhancement shaman 222, all non-meta and boosting ele sham and outlaw rogue both sub 180 through 12s easy.

- - - Updated - - -

No one would pay for 30+ 15s boosts. Doing KSM alone is over 2mil I believe. Doing it 4 times? lol
    Once is all you need, unless you have multiple classes you're committed to boosting.

1-2mil, every (for ease) 6 months - that seems "reasonable."

Now that these achieves are pre-reqs for Valor Upgrades, numbers likely went up.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    I disagree. My group struggles to time 10s and were all 220+. Maybe you can, but not everyone else.
    Sorry but i dont believe you,either this is a bold faced lie or you guys are worse than the people who were stuck in normal dungeons in mop that couldnt do proving grounds...well actualy worse than those guys,atleast they didnt have gear to boost them in the content

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    "Elitist shitheads" are the ones that think they're entitled to every high end activity, especially if its all about the path of the least resistance like being invited into groups instead of making their own and/or running them with friends.
    The +2 dungeons are ready for you or go back to pet battles.
    I'm not making threads about special mounts being locked behind 500 mount collections because I'm not doing that content so why do you have the right to flame people for what they're making effort.
    Dude the comparison with mounts is embarrassing. They only require time and most of them can be soloed plus the difficulty bar is set to ultra low for 90% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Most likely through gold-paid boosting.

I'd speculate that upwards of 40% of AoTC achieves and 60% of Conq/Master Metas are boosts. Same or more for respective PvP accomplishments.

TBH, unless I know the player - I presume boost until proven otherwise.
    I don't boost.

I did, however, get free AOTC from random Streamers trying to make it big. Lol

Every DPS class gets declined a lot unless they bring something every group needs like heroism or misdirects.

The problem is not your class. Warlocks are good right now. It's that every high key gets 30+ dps applying because nobody wants to push their own. Couple that with the fact that LFG is full of casual players who think the way to go is to find the most overqualified group they can get. Someone in this thread is implying 1.3k is too low for +15s when 1296 is what you have when you literally have timed every single +15 dungeon. As people get more gear, they're able to fail more mechanics and still time everything. So the people who were timing +15 dungeons in the first month are now timing +23 keys regularly while the people who couldn't time +10 keys back then are now asking for 1.8k for their +15 keys and still cutting them close.

It's how this game has always worked since the Burning Crusade when Blizzard first introduced multiple tiers of dungeons.

Try getting in as a ret pally.

I'm glad I at least have a close group that we jam 15-18 keys on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Most likely through gold-paid boosting.

I'd speculate that upwards of 40% of AoTC achieves and 60% of Conq/Master Metas are boosts. Same or more for respective PvP accomplishments.

TBH, unless I know the player - I presume boost until proven otherwise.
    Curious if there is any data behind this speculation. Not intended as a challenge, just curious.
    Last edited by kail; 2021-03-15 at 11:58 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont venture into m+ outside somebody in guild directly whispering me but when I would look this would happen once or twice before i just stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    No thank you.
    My WoW experience has never been so free of toxicity since the advent of time dungeons as it encourages the players that care about their performance and respect the time of the fellow players to filter out the toxic part of the playerbase - the entitled, wilfully bad.
    I'd call the pugs telling people to kill themselves after one mistake more toxic then entitled/bad players................but thats just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I think the issue here is that you're pugging it. Pugs will always contain a measure of toxicity simply because the people involved are essentially randoms. You see the same thing in raids and PvP, and every other online game. Toxicity sucks but it's not going away. The solution is making friends interested in the content you want to play, which is too much to ask for some players.
    I don't pug m+. And that's the problem. I'm at the whim of when people are on in my small guild to run them. I'm not interested in elitist pug meta slaving toxicity, which is rampant.

The problem isn't that off-meta specs literally CAN'T find groups.

It's that they have to do so much extra work to find groups compared to meta specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    It is just much more inefficient to make your own groups. So if your class can only get into a m+ run, by doing it, it s a pretty big disadvantage.
    Making your own groups is more inefficient than not getting invited to groups at all? That seems unlikely

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It doesn't even matter which class you are. Start a group for a +15 and watch how quickly the group finder fills with 220-224 dps with 1400+ rio. It's not that they're deliberately not inviting you, they probably dont even acknowledge that you're in the sea of dps that just queued for their group
    That's the problem. People who only complain about not getting invited to groups instead of starting their own groups don't understand that, and they don't WANT to understand or even hear it. It's so much easier to whine on forums about how MDI, r.io, GearScore or <insert some other bullshit here> "destroy the game".

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Making your own groups is more inefficient than not getting invited to groups at all? That seems unlikely

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem. People who only complain about not getting invited to groups instead of starting their own groups don't understand that, and they don't WANT to understand or even hear it. It's so much easier to whine on forums about how MDI, r.io, GearScore or <insert some other bullshit here> "destroy the game".
    WELL

>I< just timed a 14 PF by making my own group. And I had the pick of the litter -- all 222+ 1500+ IO people trying to get their weekly done or trinket/sword. I felt really bad when the 211 asked me why I didnt invite her -- but what can you do? There is no way the 211 was going to be doing anywhere near the dps of the 222s.... even a simmed 211 does less than a player 222 -_-;

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    WELL

>I< just timed a 14 PF by making my own group. And I had the pick of the litter -- all 222+ 1500+ IO people trying to get their weekly done or trinket/sword. I felt really bad when the 211 asked me why I didnt invite her -- but what can you do? There is no way the 211 was going to be doing anywhere near the dps of the 222s.... even a simmed 211 does less than a player 222 -_-;
    That depends on the player and class actually. I've seen many 220+ players struggle to reach even 5.5k DPS in +14s and +15s, and players with 210-215 ilvl almost hitting 6k.

10+ Year Old Account
    my guess was Enhance Shaman.

Guess I owe someone 20 bucks
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Mamushi View Post
    That depends on the player and class actually. I've seen many 220+ players struggle to reach even 5.5k DPS in +14s and +15s, and players with 210-215 ilvl almost hitting 6k.
    Yes, but unless you know the player and have played with them before, there's no way for you to know that. You have to "judge" and invite them based off some numbers. Whether it's item level, raider.io score or logs doesn't really matter. That's the point, 50 dps players apply for 2-3 open positions, and the leader has to use some sort of method to select who to invite. Group composition is one thing that matters, but once you know which class/spec you want for your group, there's a good chance you still have to select from 5+ different people.

I'm not saying "inviting the 220 over the 215 player is always better", I'm saying with the 220 player you objectively have a higher chance of them performing better.

If you read this page it is the problem written out.

One person is qualified for the run.
    Leader takes over qualified person.
    Leader has privilege to take overqualified person thus overriding the right of the 211 player that has earned the privilege to queue for a 14.
    211 players goes another day without completing run.
    Fast forward to season 2>
    Without missing a beat same party leader see's the 211 apply
    "Sorry, but your season 1 experience is a little low."

Pepe something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    If you read this page it is the problem written out.

One person is qualified for the run.
    Leader takes over qualified person.
    Leader has privilege to take overqualified person thus overriding the right of the 211 player that has earned the privilege to queue for a 14.
    211 players goes another day without completing run.
    Fast forward to season 2>
    Without missing a beat same party leader see's the 211 apply
    "Sorry, but your season 1 experience is a little low."

Pepe something?
    Maybe all these 211 people getting passed over can group with each other since they are in the same situation?

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Please learn to read and comprehend. Thank you very much.

And yes, it is. Especially in terms of getting specific items or raider.io. It even might be quite helpful to get your 14s done, because you can get pretty bad keys easily. Also if a pug depletes your key, you are now stuck with a 13, that way worse people are queueing for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    i dont venture into m+ outside somebody in guild directly whispering me but when I would look this would happen once or twice before i just stopped.

This is my favorite way to weed people out. If you can't manage even a hello, then you're probably going to bail at the first sign of a death and I'm definitely kicking you.

Also, communication is so much more significantly important than anything else. Make a random discord. Invite whomever you want to your key, and make it a requirement to at least be in it to listen for those willing to talk. I've seen wipes saved because someone who never spoke a word in voice used a defensive when told to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

1.4k rio, 222 ilvl, I don't get invited to pugs neither, not a warlock. Get friends, buddy