Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Been leveling and completing the covenants campaigns on four characters, each for one of them. I've done that now, so decided to finally level a Highmountain Druid for heritage. Half a bar left to 50. Dunno what to do after that tbh. Been thinking about leveling a sham/druid to max level on horde side and play as healer there, but I know that sooner or later i'll reach the same stage as on the other characters.. The same boring grind to get somewhat relevant for m+.

I'll probably just let my sub run out and come back for 9.1. See no much reason to keep on going in SL atm.

Organize roleplay campaigns, just finished our adventures through our final zone.

Collect achievements, pets, mounts, cosmetics.

at the moment - waiting for patch 9.1 while my subscription is inactive. when I did play, was mostly questing through covenant story/zones, collecting various things and playing lowbie allied race alts, because I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    snip.
    And you feel someone completing AOTC and clearing M+15 and above with an ilvl of 218 represents a "casual"? It could be a more casual approach than you are used to, but I struggle to understand how someone playing this extensively and at this level genuinely believes they represent the casual player base. All just comes across as a thinly veiled humble brag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    ps: ilvl 226
    And you feel this is relevant why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The term casual used by the OP is most likely referred to how hard are the activities you engage in, cause if we go with casual by playtime, i can say that a ton of casuals play more than cutting edge mythic raiders xd

10+ Year Old Account
    I whip through the Ardenweald anima WQs, do the mushroom dailies, then maybe Torghast or level my alt. Then in the weekends I try to add in some LFR or a dungeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And you feel someone completing AOTC and clearing M+15 and above with an ilvl of 218 represents a "casual"? It could be a more casual approach than you are used to, but I struggle to understand how someone playing this extensively and at this level genuinely believes they represent the casual player base. All just comes across as a thinly veiled humble brag.

- - - Updated - - -

inb4 players asking if I did all the content to max out my gear yada yada

Now that renown grind is over, I'm afraid i'll slowly log less and less after next reset.

- I am Renown 40 with all 4 covenants and there is no way i will farm anima for transmog.
    - I leveled 3 more toons because i was bored and I reached the casual glass ceiling of ~200 ilvl with all of them too, so no more gear for me.
    - LFR is not interesting gear-wise, I only do Denatrius once per character for easy 2500 anima.
    - Thorgast is done too, facerolled through Corridors with a DH, burning the entire zone by walking with infinite scaling Immolation Aura...

What's left ? Pvp... lol no. Secondary reputations and maybe Achievements hunting, until next content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Not sure whether 2hr HC clear qualify as casual these days...
    Why, he's playing less than the people claiming to be casual do and invests less time and energy. Seems pretty casual compared to the "I'm casual and do every world quest 50 times a day and do weeklies and every daily I can find, BUT I DONT HAVE TIME FOR RAIDS!!!!"

As expected, this has and will devolve into a back and forth about what is an isnt casual.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Play different games, pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i've geared 2 characters to 197, upgraded all their covenant gear and gotten them pvp weapons to work with the set.. Working on my shaman now but i'm not really finding much fun in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much just doing the daily and weekly quests, soul ash, and anima. Definitely getting bored/playing less. Can't muster the desire to level alts. Really wish they'd do something else with TC. Maybe after you clear it and get mount you can farm at least stygia in there (or anima).

Im a casual and I run mythic + and do everything else everyone else does lmaoo this myth that casuals don’t do shit is funny

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So you're insinuating that casual means bad then. It's about time investment. Someone who logs 10 hours a day and can't be bothered to do m+ or raid isn't a casual. they're just stubborn and/or bad.

I’m raiding Naxx in classic so I don’t have much time for SL raiding. I did LFR a couple times. I tried to get into m+ keys for a few weeks but it’s such a ball ache. I can’t get into 10+ keys with gear from 7-9s and pugging keys is such a cluster. So many terrible groups, half the time the key gets burned or someone leaves. For content that I used to really enjoy smashing out with a few friends, I just hate it now.

Anyway, the PVP system is good, and I dabble in arena but I kind of got stuck there too, just pugging. It’s pretty rough in your average no voice group.

Soo I did RBGs mostly and pugged my way to 2100 on my alt and now it’s my main and geared to the teeth, so that’s fun! I’m playing 1600 on my other toon and working my way up.

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    Im a casual and I run mythic + and do everything else everyone else does lmaoo this myth that casuals don’t do shit is funny
    Well that's the thing people keep claiming there's nothing for casuals to do an the most they can get is like 200 ilvl. Oh and that m+ is too much to expect of casuals....but once again the people they claim are casuals are playing 20 hours a week or more.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    So you're insinuating that casual means bad then. It's about time investment. Someone who logs 10 hours a day and can't be bothered to do m+ or raid isn't a casual. they're just stubborn and/or bad.
    So you're insinuating that a multi R1 Glad is stubborn and/or bad because they dont do M+ or raid?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    As the title says, if your a casual, what do you do in wow right now?

If you dont do endgame content like m+, Raid or Rated PVP, what do you do each time your logged in?
    Real casuals are not on mmo-c/reddit/any forum, friend of mine who is a mega casual does mostly legacy content, he just dinged 60, have yet to do any M0, random HC or anything at max lvl in SL.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    As the title says, if your a casual, what do you do in wow right now?

If you dont do endgame content like m+, Raid or Rated PVP, what do you do each time your logged in?
    waiting in the LFG for arenas, while listening to music and spamming the forums for SOLO QUEUE! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

ps: casual does not mean oblivious to the endgame, it means devoting limited time to the game