Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    See, my problem is I've been deemed a 'casual' because I don't do keystones, PvP or raids, even though I spend more time playing WoW than the majority of people who focus on those things.

I collect mounts, toys, pets and transmog. As much of it as I can. I ignore PvP and just buy the armour sets after the seasons are over, and I solo raids once they are soloable, but other than that Shadowlands for me is all about the awful anima grind and hunting the rare spawns.
    I personally call that hard core casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid (8/10 heroic), sometimes do some mythic dungeons here and there, and play around on alts from time to time. That’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    And in doing all that you almost certainly put in more hours per week than the average raider, thus you wouldn't be a casual.
    Stop misrepresenting what a casual is. Doing mostly casual content makes you a casual. Logging in once a week for an hour to do your 14 is more hardcore than playing 20 hours a week doing your calling and farming those raids for mounts. It's not the time, it's the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the same thing I've done since mid Legion:
    1. Work on clearing the current raid on heroic and then try some mythic.
    2. Work on the M+ achievements.
    3. Dabble in non-ranked pvp.
    4. Eventually level all my alts.
    5. Work towards another gold cap.

None of the above happens quickly, well not on purpose*. Slow, steady.... casual.

*Sometimes I get AoTC pretty fast or M+10/15 due to the right friends being subbed at the right time.

15+ Year Old Account
    i feel really lost, i dont keep up with things like i used to so i dont know what all these systems are or what i need them for or the best way to go about leveling them. I lvld a warrior to max and joined a covenant and got bored, so now im lvling a warlock but dont really know what im gonna do once i get to max. Just do some random bgs every now and then tbh

ITT: People conflating 'casual' with 'bad'

Casual isn't about how good or bad you are. It's about how seriously you take the game. Sorry but averaging 2 hours a day is still perfectly fine for being casual.

If you don't care about pushing world firsts, or rank 1 or doing like +20 keys... You can still fit the bill of casual perfectly fine, it's really all a matter of mindset.

You can get gladiator, keystone master and cutting edge while still being a casual player, it's all about pacing yourself. It's these 'hardcore' players who screech if a casual player ends up being more successful than them, because to them casual == bad. There's a reason why casuals tend to burn out much more slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever I feel like doing. I only play maybe 4 hours a week—although some weeks I don't play at all or play less than even this—so there's always something to do. World content takes many months to be really tiresome at this rate. There's always achievements and filling out collections, too.

The thing that few seem to realize is that there are likely more players like this than any other sort. The game is mostly now designed for us/them and those who drop in and out over the course of an expansion.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have to admit, Blizzard went overboard with adding full blown mog sets to start SL. You get them from covenants and such. And somehow they are ALL ugly and poorly designed. They really look like crap. I have no interest in farming any of them. I think that really undercuts what they are trying to accomplish. It eliminates mog hunting as an activity this xpac. And that changes what casuals do.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I try to do a few callings and dailies that are easily reachable. Every few days I do some quests in that maw hellhole. I did LFR once. I let my addon start all adventures. I sell some stuff on the AH.

Well, since I just finished layer 8 TC, not much. Wait till the stars align and my IRL friends that still play all decide to log on at the same time so we can run a couple mythic dungeons. We don't push keys so I think that still counts as casual. Just chat on discord while doing a couple dungeons then get back to our lives.

I don't pretend to complain saying this, but i unsubbed. I didn't have fun as a casual with SL, but thats because of personal appeal and a "me thing", which is perfectly ok.

1. M+ runs (0-3 a week)
    2. Raid (just finished normal)
    3. Farm rep/anima and everything on my main
    4. Alts - doing my third alt (MM Hunter)
    5. The odd WQ or daily here or there (where it is good bang for buck).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

We have a community with mostly players who did raid a lot / at higher level in the past but are nowadays all playing casual.
    Our week looks as follows generally:

- Wednesday 20-22 Clearing normal castle with the people who aren't into HC raiding.
    - Thursday 20-22 Heroic raid with the other people, we just killed Denathrius last week.
    - Friday 20-23 Mythic+, we usually try to get a +14 done for everyone joining, for the vault.
    - Tuesday 20-22 Finishing off Heroic if any bosses are left, otherwise this is a free night.

All in all we play around 9 hours each week, but we do clear both normal and HC castle and usually everyone in the community gets a +14 done on fridays. Most people in the community will only log a few hours outside of this to do their covenant, torghast etc.
    Not sure if this defines as casual, but by the hours i think it does?

Busy solo'ing Twisting Corridors layers as frost mage. Enjoying it actually. Each layer is about 2 hours, but I take lots of breaks in between floors doing other stuff.
    Pull my tail

Pug my M+ and hope to reach KSM - doing the 14s now. Also hope to get Curve since it's the only thing i really care about, but pugging that is waaaay harder.

EDIT: i manage to do the 4 runs/week for the cache, usually the weekend mornings. Less groups, but also way less competition and i found a nice degree of success. Only a handful of terrible groups with leavers, the rest of the runs went either really smooth or we depleted the key, but now by much and no one left.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-03-15 at 09:15 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Not sure whether 2hr HC clear qualify as casual these days...
    I'm in a hardcore raiding guild that raids 5 hrs a week and we haven't even full cleared the raid yet and we've been going since launch.

Did some M+ but unsubbed because the whole expansion feels very unrewarding. Also the dungeons are pretty damn boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Well that's the thing people keep claiming there's nothing for casuals to do an the most they can get is like 200 ilvl. Oh and that m+ is too much to expect of casuals....but once again the people they claim are casuals are playing 20 hours a week or more.
    It's funny, for years and years it was clear that in terms of WoW casual always meant the people that do not participate in organized endgame content (=raiding, now also (higher) M+) while the hardcores do.
    But for the last 1 or 2 years i start to see those "self identified casuals" who raid mythic and do high level keys. That is really annoying since the hardcore/casual terms were not there for victim points or anything but to idenitfy those groups in a discussion. Thats it.
    But no, now you have those "I self-identify as casual and there is enough casual content, just raid mythic and do high level keys like i do" idiots that think they are somehow clever for circumventing the definition and therefore, in their mind, "winning the argument".

Unsub

That worked well for me ^^