Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Its mostly shifted to communities but not many people seem aware you can be both in a guild and a community, working similar to a guild but with focus on m+ or whatever else activity.
    In raiding guilds its also very common to run a lot, in my guild, there's a minimum of 5 runs per day, prob 10 with keys going from 2's to 20's.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If they're so easy, just push your own key and create a group? You'll be drowning in dps to choose from. Let us know how it went

    Easy with similarly good people. NOT pugs..... The difference in skill between PUGs and a guild group is cringeworthy.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    And that's why those people don't usually get invited lmao. Thanks for proving the point.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nothing is wrong with the grouping system and blizzard can't do anything about how players choose to pug.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I know for a fact you don't pull the same numbers a hunter in mythic+ lmao Unless they're trash.
    Ive been in dungeons where I am above hunters, I've been in dungeons im slightly below, so spare the bs

  3. #43
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,960
    I already got ksm a whole ago, 1800 in 3s and am 6/10m so I already have 224 item level. Not really much I can upgrade since the 220 pvp trinkets are already nearly best in slot besides the changeling trinket. But I'm not going to grind my hair out for the slight chance at a single trinket dropping.

    I could maybe get slightly more optimal secondary stats I guess?? But honestly secondary stat differences aren't really that big of a deal this expansion besides on rings. Besides raid time im just playing the game to play the game for fun. I've found an RBG group I've been playing with that has actually been a really chill environment and pretty fun. Each session we push our rating a bit higher and learn how to play a little bit better.

    I never had a problem with dungeon invites either and I'm 1350 io. I play holy paladin so I guess that helps. Try playing healer (you are a priest) and you'll get tons of invites or make your own group. Im kind of surprised you are having trouble since its tyrannical weak and shadow priests annihilate bosses with big dick dps. Do people not know this?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-03-14 at 10:54 PM.

  4. #44
    If you wanna run with the big dogs, you gotta put the work in. Otherwise be satisfied with what you're able to put together yourself.

  5. #45
    I started shadowlands maining spriest and dropped that character completely 2 months into the expansion when I realized it was impossible to get into keys that weren't my own.

    I also fell for the pre xpac hype and found the class super boring to play to begin to with.

  6. #46
    I detest healing. I'm not going to be forced to heal just to get invited to groups. And big dogs.. really... are you delusional lol its a 15, not a 20.

    You say youre surprised.... so am I, don't know whether to laugh or cry. The games gone from quite a good expac to the worst expac ive ever played in about the last 2-3 weeks. People are pathetic as well saying I need to form my own group and push 17's to be invited to 15's like give me a break. This is why I am not surprised the game is in this state. It's sad seeing the game I grew up playing turn to shit.

    The way it's going this will be the last 6 month sub I take out and soon as corona bs ends itll be back to normal life.
    Last edited by ArchangelTerenas; 2021-03-14 at 11:17 PM.

  7. #47
    500th thread on same topic.

    Can understand the pain, but it's all a simple supply vs demand - there is metric shitton DPS trying to get into 15s and 1.2k RIO is nothing to write home about, especially if you are not a meta pick like mage.

    So yeah, the solution is guilds, communities and besides that - pushing your own keys. This is always an option and it's a way to guarantee you're in that group.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    >>224 item level
    >>1350 io
    >>holy paladin

    "I never had a problem with dungeon invites"
    GEE I WONDER WHY.

    I, too, have never struggled for invites on my 230 Vengeance DH with 1500io. I really don't get why people can't get into keys people are lining up to do keys with me. 50 DPS applying instantly every time.

    MUST BE A YOU PROBLEM, I GUESS.

  9. #49
    solution: make your own groups

    why someone would invite you if when they create the group they can choose ppl with way higher ilvl, io and meta specs?

  10. #50
    So wait, you mean to tell me that when blizzard adds the option of doing 10 keys for better chance at rewards with the highest breakpoint being 14, then adds an achievement that lets you upgrade gear by timing 15's.... getting into the lowest possible effort key range that enables those two things is way harder than before? mind blown.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wtf do you do?
    You create your own groups....
    LOL - always laugh at people thinking that creating your own group is a practical answer to the question of getting a run.

    Hint : it isn't, finding healers and tanks is always the limiting factor.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  12. #52
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by -Doko- View Post
    So wait, you mean to tell me that when blizzard adds the option of doing 10 keys for better chance at rewards with the highest breakpoint being 14, then adds an achievement that lets you upgrade gear by timing 15's.... getting into the lowest possible effort key range that enables those two things is way harder than before? mind blown.
    Yep. I'm capable of higher than 14-15 but I have no reason to cause all i want is the vault reward and i already have ksm. I guess I'm basically stealing spots from healers in the queue that would be qualified for that key level.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Im kind of surprised you are having trouble since its tyrannical weak and shadow priests annihilate bosses with big dick dps. Do people not know this?
    Nope. And that's the issue with pugs. Way too many people look at MDI or world first keys, and want only the classes represented there (ie meta), and fail to see there's a big difference between pulling half the instance in one pull in a 18 speed run, and pulling 1 or 2 packs at a time in a 14 pug. Fire mage, boomkin etc aren't nearly as superior on dps with more traditional pulling, and 15 keys can be done on time with virtually any class setup, as long as the dps can pull 4.5-5k ish avg dps each and don't screw up.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    LOL - always laugh at people thinking that creating your own group is a practical answer to the question of getting a run.

    Hint : it isn't, finding healers and tanks is always the limiting factor.
    have to agree on this, i dont get why people find this a viable soution, as its not.

    when it came to doing the last 2 keys i needed for kms i had about 70 insta declines because i want 1300 io to be viable for them.

    i dont understand the over requirement for 15s i get it for 16-20 bracket, but ill never understand the "you need to time all 8 15s be4 ill invite you to my grp"

    doing this just keep the player pool form getting bigger.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Nope. And that's the issue with pugs. Way too many people look at MDI or world first keys, and want only the classes represented there (ie meta), and fail to see there's a big difference between pulling half the instance in one pull in a 18 speed run, and pulling 1 or 2 packs at a time in a 14 pug. Fire mage, boomkin etc aren't nearly as superior on dps with more traditional pulling, and 15 keys can be done on time with virtually any class setup, as long as the dps can pull 4.5-5k ish avg dps each and don't screw up.
    this is also true mdi needs to be ripped apart and burned it's cause nothing but trouble for any1 wanting to do m+ and progress your score.

    also remember its possible to never see a certain dungeon.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    have to agree on this, i dont get why people find this a viable soution, as its not.
    when it came to doing the last 2 keys i needed for kms i had about 70 insta declines because i want 1300 io to be viable for them.
    I'm iLvl 214 and just wanting to get the 10s achieve - not a chance, I've got stuck in the "low raider IO score -> no runs -> low raider IO score" loop.

    Most I can get is 6s or 7s with my 750 score, and since 9.0.5 I can't even provide my own key for a 10.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm iLvl 214 and just wanting to get the 10s achieve - not a chance, I've got stuck in the "low raider IO score -> no runs -> low raider IO score" loop.

    Most I can get is 6s or 7s with my 750 score, and since 9.0.5 I can't even provide my own key for a 10.
    yep, that's the issue with no way to circumvent it.

    tho i started today with an 11 on my bear with 856 score with the help with a guild healer and a boomie friend i now have a 14 on him i guess that's they only way for now doing your own key

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelTerenas View Post
    Hi all,

    So I wanted to get something off my chest that has recently become a serious issue for me, making me wonder why I log on to this game anymore.

    I am a decent player in a casual guild, only 9/10hc but I have a weird schedule with work or else I would be looking to raid mythic. I LOVE M+ dungeons, got 4k RIO back in BFA and had a blast.

    However, recently I have been noticing I am getting less and less invites to M+ and I have spent the last Fri/Sat/Sun online spam applying to M+ groups in the hope to progress and start nailing +15's (1.2k RIO so this is the next stage for my progression).

    However, after applying to probably nearly 200 M+ these last 3 days I have completely lost faith in this game. I have received 0 invites. ZERO. WTF!? Seriously wonder why I have wasted hours and hours and hours scrolling through these dungeons to go absolutely nowhere. Is this what this game has come to now? Just sit and stare at dungeons fill up in front of your eyes and just get P**SED off with it so much that you end up ALT+F4ing out for a few hours then come back and try again and again and again to finally realise that this is a joke.

    Is this just me or what?? Like I have completely had enough of this. I am only applying for the next level of progression for my char (cleared all 14's and 2 15's already).... WTF do I do!?

    Anybody else having this problem/anybody found a solution? ....


    Cheers
    Were you experiencing some kind of bug that prevented you forming your OWN group?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    have to agree on this, i dont get why people find this a viable soution, as its not.

    when it came to doing the last 2 keys i needed for kms i had about 70 insta declines because i want 1300 io to be viable for them.

    i dont understand the over requirement for 15s i get it for 16-20 bracket, but ill never understand the "you need to time all 8 15s be4 ill invite you to my grp"

    doing this just keep the player pool form getting bigger.
    Players doing 15s for a weekly clear aren't looking for the pool to get bigger. They're looking for this run to go smoothly, and they want to organise the group easily. Filtering out people below the level they want makes it substantially easier. I'm sure you've noticed making a key that it's hard to spot the best applicant from the flood of DPS players swarming over you. It becomes easier if you clear out someone you'd never invite because there are so many better applicants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Were you experiencing some kind of bug that prevented you forming your OWN group?
    thats not a viable solution, i wish people would stop spouting it there's a lack of tank's and healers and the chance of getting tanks that don't know how to deal with the dungeon correctly or can survive the dungeon get higher.

    try giving some actual advice

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Players doing 15s for a weekly clear aren't looking for the pool to get bigger. They're looking for this run to go smoothly, and they want to organise the group easily. Filtering out people below the level they want makes it substantially easier. I'm sure you've noticed making a key that it's hard to spot the best applicant from the flood of DPS players swarming over you. It becomes easier if you clear out someone you'd never invite because there are so many better applicants.
    it hasn't made it harder actually, i can still easily find what i want, only thing i wish is the browser listing would include spec, so i didnt always have to check what spec x mage was or check a hunters page to make sure he isn't surv on storming week same with druid

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    thats not a viable solution, i wish people would stop spouting it there's a lack of tank's and healers and the chance of getting tanks that don't know how to deal with the dungeon correctly or can survive the dungeon get higher.

    try giving some actual advice

    - - - Updated - - -



    it hasn't made it harder actually, i can still easily find what i want, only thing i wish is the browser listing would include spec, so i didnt always have to check what spec x mage was or check a hunters page to make sure he isn't surv on storming week same with druid
    Yea this is absolute rubbish. The best 2 answers for this guy are:

    - make your own group
    - join a guild / make friends / network with ppl and make groups with your network of ppl

    Try not ignoring the actual advice. Sticking your head in the sand doesnt stop it being the best advice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •