Page 1 of 3
LastLast

2 legendaries in 9.1?

Any word on this? Anybody asked if we can equip double legendaries in patch 9.1? I saw some of the interwievs but none mentioned this.

I am already making cool combos but dont have any confirmation about this.

I doubt it as SL has been plagued from launch with overlapping power systems.

That would be a real shame. Also we could equip more leggos as the time passed back in Legion, no?

I want my ret to have Mad Paragon and Vanguard's Momentum!! Would be so cool!

Doubt it. Mostly because some classes would have got too strong combos compared to others... and also they didn't say anything about it.

I suspect the next thing for the legendary system will be "actually good legendaries" rather than the underwhelming stuff that went in at launch.

That way we all have to make the new ones rather than just upgrading the old ones.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo it will be 2 in 9.2 when we will likely free Runecarver.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    Also we could equip more leggos as the time passed back in Legion, no?
    No.

(To be more specific, it was 2 since you completed campaign ~week after cap and in 7.3 there was ultra rare legendary trinket or ring that didn't count for cap)

Well, this is rather pessimistic. Would be so cool to have one more leggo slot each major patch. Some flavour and FUN. Instead they will expand upon boring ass conduits i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    no ty, remove them and bore-ghast / chore-ghast.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Doubt it. Mostly because some classes would have got too strong combos compared to others... and also they didn't say anything about it.
    Yeeeaahhh... I hate to be a Debbie downer because I would love two legendaries... but that enthusiasm is fueled by the very idea of an ursoc+luffa guardian Druid, of which I’d immediately have two and never touch any of my alts other again because that combo is gross, and indeed few classes have the same kind of insane synergies among their options.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

But those synergies are what makes playing really FUN. It would take some work i guess to balance it around all the classes, sure. But it aint exactly small company and its mostly just cool ideas that need to be implemented. Nothing revolutionary. I suppose there is a downside to this when we lose them next expansion, right? But thats happening anyway for the past 3 expansions. Why not make the game fun? Thorgast has some great moments, when you get your dream combos and the game shines there i think. Its a shame its only behind the closed door and extremely RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    That would be a real shame. Also we could equip more leggos as the time passed back in Legion, no?

I want my ret to have Mad Paragon and Vanguard's Momentum!! Would be so cool!
    We only got to equip 2 at most in Legion and that wasn't until like 7.2 or 7.3. Don't except the same until around then in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    We only got to equip 2 at most in Legion and that wasn't until like 7.2 or 7.3. Don't except the same until around then in Shadowlands.
    this is wrong, it was a tier 6 class hall upgrade, and it was in the game from the start, 7.2 added tiers 7 and 8 which gave you mission table stuff and a chance to get AP tokens from WQs

i think some people were using 2 legos while EN was still the main raid, if you dont trust me check the logs
    Last edited by valky94; 2021-03-15 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    this is wrong, it was a tier 6 class hall upgrade, and it was in the game from the start, 7.2 added tiers 7 and 8 which gave you mission table stuff and a chance to get AP tokens from WQs

i think some people were using 2 legos while EN was still the main raid, if you dont trust me check the logs
    This is correct. I wouldn't expect 2 legendaries until the downward turn of the xpac.

I just hate locking more and more gear slots.

I want to improve my gear as I do content, not just write the slots off with guaranteed legendaries which are boring to obtain.

9.1 seems a bit early for that.

What's scary is that some classes have a defensive option and an offensive option, so you can play around that in PVP. But being able to have could potentially have some dramatic changes in PVP. Imagine a mage being able to use triune ward and something like Firestorm in arena. Burst is already pretty crazy, but we will have to see what happens. As others have said, it probably will happen, but 9.1 seems quick.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Imagine fire mages with triune legendary and an offensive legendary as well. No thank you.

it's gonna be that you can equip 1 class specific and one generic. Would be to strong to have some of the current combinations. And i doubt they wont spend months on balancing that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

LEGEND legendary combo works because most people don't get the 2 BIS legendary combo. So upon getting new legendary every 2 weeks or so they keep testing and tryout different combination that is unique to their situation.

Now covenant is locked, and IF each covenant has its own BIS in Shadowland, what is the point? People go to a website and they already got the first BIS, and now

SPOILER

WAIT FOR IT

SPOILER

The go to the same website and they all get the other one. EXCITING!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Imo it will be 2 in 9.2 when we will likely free Runecarver.

No.

(To be more specific, it was 2 since you completed campaign ~week after cap and in 7.3 there was ultra rare legendary trinket or ring that didn't count for cap)
    We are taking out torghast in 9.1 and he’s there Sooooo 9.1 is possible

Personally I’d love it as a WW but it would lead to nerds to either my BiS leggo or the new leggo they just buffed