Poll: Which xpac would be better in classic? (perma-server)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ....do you really think you're just going to play the same expansion..forever? I mean people were getting sick of WoTLK pretty quickly and ya'll scream its the best expansion ever

Cataclysm had a decent opening tier but Firelands wasn't great and Dragon Soul was a terrible raid.

Highmaul was a good raid, Blackrock Foundry was phenomenal and Hellfire Citadel was great.

I liked the gameplay in Cataclysm a lot so probably that. However this ultimately doesn't work because "the expansion" here actually just means the final raid tier, in which case WoD wins but ultimately gets boring too.

If I had to pick one expansion and have it's gameplay be static for the rest of the game's lifespan I'd choose MoP in a heartbeat.

Cataclysm hands down.

OT: WoD with modern systems (wq, m+, etc) would be a good expansion. one of the best contenders for a "classic+" experience imo

15+ Year Old Account
    If the game was put into service mode with no new content I would probably lose interest and stop playing altogether. None of the expansions are good enough to maintain my interest indefinitely with nothing new being added at all.

its like asking what kind of cancer would you like to have lol

but...i guess i will have to go with cataclysm....

mostly because i have more classes i ejoyed in cata,the dungeons felt better,the way pvp worked was better,reforge still existed

wod had better overall raiding,but it gets really bad at the end with the legendery rings making everything a joke

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of those two choices, neither. Cata was the worst expac followed by WoD as the 2nd worst.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Dome Fossil View Post
    Of those two options? I'd go with WoD because there'd be more old dungeons to run for mounts.
    Basically this.

I look at the game hollistically. If you're stuck in WoD for eternity, that means you are level 90 and you have classic/tbc/wotlk and mop to play as Legacy content.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion. I would have been fine with Legion's artifact system if it had been a permanent system with a hard cap on artifact level, the fact that it only lasted for the duration of the expansion really served to ruin the whole effect of it for me.

Given your options I'd choose not to play, Cata was fun the first time and has zero replayability. WoD was blandness and orcs taken to the extreme, it wasn't even fun the first time through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

i'd prefer wod mostly because of class design. cata is when hunters got the rework and focus became a thing. hunter focus in cataclysm was a hot topic because things felt too expensive compared to generation and wasn't fixed until dragon soul with a set bonus. i liked wod, there was just no content worth leaving the garrison for.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata at least had dailies and the dungeons were relevant still.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Of those two? Cataclysm.
    Overall? WotLK.

Pandaria.
    And thus WoD in your poll as it has pandaria included..

tbh, i think these two areamong the worse expansions. I wouldn't play either of them even on a 1-2year period again.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I wouldn't play any expansion permanently. I need change or it gets dull.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Speaking of Classic bandwagon, for me it would be MoP or Legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    I dont like either expansions, every second expansion after wotlk was bad (cata, wod, bfa).
    Although I like cata more, I would go with wod because it has more content in the game like mists of pandaria, which would be my choice if there would be an option.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would've personally stuck with Wrath of the lich king, but to keep it going they'd need to keep throwing new content at us anyways.. There was alot more to explore from that expansion.. They scrapped the whole idea of the nerubians having underground tunnels all over azeroth (this could be explored) we had almost no content regarding the dragonshrines in Dragonblight, They clearly had alot more planned with the big tower in dragonblight back then.. And probably alot more than im not remembering... Basicly, WoTLK was the primetime of Warcraft with 12.5M active accounts, and this was the time that, in my opinion, had the best loot systems and raid difficulties (Not saying it wasnt easy compared to todays standards, but having 10 - 10hc 25 25HC just felt alot better than having flex LFR flex normal flex HC 20 Mythic.. It allowed guilds of different sizes to do the hardest content without having to rely on having 25 (in many cases 27-28 players due to backups) to get a guildrun going...

cata EZ

lol imagine choosing wod