Redeeming tokens for Bnet Balance

Might be a bit of a shot in the dark, but I figured I would ask, and since it's more of a directly WoW related thing rather than a general question, I figured here might get the best answer:

Is it possible to Redeem a token for Bnet Balance WITHOUT re-upping a WoW account.

Basically, I have a WoW account but it hasn't been active since somewhere back near the tail end of Legion.
    When the sub lapsed, I had enough gold on the account to cover somewhere around a year+ worth of play time from tokens (no idea what current token prices are like, so I couldn't say if it would still be as much).

Anyway:
    I know you could buy a token and convert it to BNet balance.
    I also know you have (or at least had) an option to re-up an account out of account gold as a method of payment.

I was just curious if it was possible to convert gold to BNet balance without fully re-activating the account? Thinking about buying the Protoss story expansion for SC2, and pretty sure I could cover the cost by converting WoW gold, just not sure if it can be done this way.

I believe so, but I'm not sure how - you will need to research how. Normally you use them on characters, or at the very least when logging in the game you can click an option to use a gametime token to add time to the game (all this before logging into a character). If there is not a way to do this, that's a big mistake on Blizz's part.

If it forces you to re-activate to use those tokens - I guess you could wait for a free-to-play weekend or something?

Free to play weekends are a possible option I had considered, but they also aren't exactly common, so who knows how long I might have to wait for one of those to come round.

Just put in a support ticket and ask for 1 day to be credited to your account so you can log in and convert your gold to bnet balance. Had a few people I know do that before without any issues.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Just put in a support ticket and ask for 1 day to be credited to your account so you can log in and convert your gold to bnet balance. Had a few people I know do that before without any issues.
    ^this. Support will always grant you this one free day if you ask them with a reason.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Yeah, they gave me a day on my second account too to log in about 2 years ago. I guess if you don't ask like every other month they'll be happy to do it.