Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    All the worst to that asshole, may gout be his lover.

The oddest thing was doing it at the same time. I mean.. fire a bunch of people and then throw in on the bottom line he's getting 200 million. Probably could some space between there for optics alone and that is how you can tell how disconnected he is. But, truth is a lot of people will keep buying. So it won't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Let's just hope that some of the people that criticize this aren't the same that go "It's my money" whenever they're flamed for perpetuating a system that encourages this.
    You know good and damn well that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoen View Post
    Wow. >.>

https://kotaku.com/activision-blizza...hil-1846493910

I have a lack of understanding about someone like this.
    Then you lack understanding of the current exploitation centred system.

Don't get me wrong, i find it inexcusable as well, but so long as people value appearance and "work" over actual substance people in high places will continue to be able to extract obscene amounts of wealth under such pretenses while not doing anything wrong.

That's just the predictable consequence of clinging to a dysfunctional system over ideological reasons.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoen View Post
    Wow. >.>

https://kotaku.com/activision-blizza...hil-1846493910

I have a lack of understanding about someone like this.
    Its insane. The guy is ruining the brand blizzard more. Activision used to have nice games. He is one of the main problems when it comes to loot boxes. Blizzard fires people on a almost qauterly bases. Yet he gets a big bonus like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Yes I’ll believe observable fact while you make stuff up out of no where, we can agree to disagree on those grounds sure.
    The irony in that statement is reaching levels that shouldn't be possible

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    The irony in that statement is reaching levels that shouldn't be possible
    I don’t think you know what irony means. My position has all of blizzards history to back it up, yours has literally nothing.

You wanting to deny reality isn’t ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t think you know what irony means. My position has all of blizzards history to back it up, yours has literally nothing.

You wanting to deny reality isn’t ironic.
    Its funny you think that when its blatantly obvious its not the case.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Its funny you think that when its blatantly obvious its not the case.
    again your position has no backing just saying something is obvious doesn't make it so that's just more denial of reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like more layoffs are comming, to EU and Latin offices. I wonder how big bonus from that Kottick get for himself. Tbh i don't get it, why keeping EU and Latin offices, when you can close them and say fuck you to these employers? Seems Kottick is doing... "Make Blizzard great again" Like Trump with his. "Make US great again"

None:.....
    ActiBlizzard: gives $200M to a single guy then asks you to buy pets to support msf
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    ActiBlizzard: gives $200M to a single guy then asks you to buy pets to support msf
    To be fair it gives you warm feelings that you did something to support people. I mean that's the idea. I remember the first (or one of the first) charity pets was the cenarion hatchling after a particularly bad tsunami in japan. It was the first thing I have ever bougth in a cash shop of any game.

Koticks bonus is still bullshit of course, but I don't mind them giving a players an opportunity to do good.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What meme-lords tend to misunderstand here is;
    - The bonus is something that was agreed on back when the employment contract was signed, in form of a clause
    - The clause required the stock to be above 77usd continiously for 3 months to be triggered
    - Once that happens the employee gets the agreed uppon amount of stock
    - No actual cash is exchanged in this kind of bonuses
    - The clause was triggered now due to the requirement fulfillment; not because somebody randomly decided "it's bonus time!"

This sort of bonuses are ment to incentivise the CEO to further increase the shareholder value in the future by making their stake in it bigger...
    If they gave this stock to MSF; what do you think would happen?
    MSF would sell it for funds, thus tanking the stock and decreasing the shareholder value.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I don't understand why you're upset. The vast majority of you on this website are leftwingers, some are radical leftwingers, you know who, and this is exactly the kind of corporate culture that you guys praise.

We live in a society where corporations can do no wrong if they had the foresight to cover their asses with plenty of "diversity and inclusion" virtue signaling and pandering to Twitter woke crowd. Corporations such as Disney that are openly racist and pandering to the CCP and indirectly supporting concentration camps in China, are virtually untouchable by the woke crowds. Or Nike who makes its products in sweatshops across the world, but because they all about "diversity and inclusion" and supporting that parasitical organism named Kaepernick, they are untouchable and can do no wrong.

Enter Activision - a company that really didn't virtue signal that much and tried to stay largely neutral, and as such as no protections when it pulls some bullshit.
    Odds are that Bobby Kotick or an Activision spokesperson will soon come out and mention "diversity and inclusion" for some reason.
    Please, corporatism is a right-wing issue. It is the end goal of free-market capitalism. Which is another right-wing position. Left-wing is to bring in limitations on businesses that would bring in nice little things like Unions that will stop the fire at will laws and bring in bonuses for the staff not the CEOs.

You guys have no idea how expensive upkeep is on mansions.

Do you think multiple bathrooms just clean themselves?

Disgusting some of the behaviour here.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You guys have no idea how expensive upkeep is on mansions.

Do you think multiple bathrooms just clean themselves?

Disgusting some of the behaviour here.
    And don't forget about parking yachts, its one of the most expensive and taxing thing ever created by mankind.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    And don't forget about parking yachts, its one of the most expensive and taxing thing ever created by mankind.
    Thank you!

Someone understands what its like doing 12 services a year on 12 different luxary cars.

Im not gonna use the same car every day that is utter madness.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thank you!

Someone understands what its like doing 12 services a year on 12 different luxary cars.

Im not gonna use the same car every day that is utter madness.
    Precisely. People clearly aren't very understanding of the utter humiliation poor Bobby feels in having to sit in the same private jet seats for multiple quarterly reports in row, instead of being able to afford new jet every quarter. He risks investors seeing him as some poor homeless bum climbing out of over 3 months old jets to deliver MAU reports.

I couldn't live with that level of humiliation. How he manages is a miracle and testament to his fearless character and leadership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    People turning this into a 'fuck Blizzard thread' instead of a fuck Kotick and fuck the system thread. You know Kotick doesn't make the games you play right? And neither do those who lay off the workers. The man probably doesn't even know what a video game is, only that it makes money and he is a hungry money monster.

"Oh the games are shit" That has nothing to do with Kotick and the billions he makes. You are blaming the developers who work their ass off, who are underpaid themselves and just doing what they love, to make the game who are not the same people as the higher ups who are cutting and laying those same people off to give Kotick more money.

Kotick doesn't have any say in the direction in any of the Blizzard games, the direction of the business, sure. The games themselves not so much. Guy probably doesn't even play video games. He is just a capitalist reaping in the benefits of a capitalist system that's broken and in need of collapse. I actually feel sorry for any Blizzard employee who wants to work at the company (not sure why you would want to) to know the dream job has a dice roll chance of if you will get to keep it and even if they lose the job will probably struggle to find another in an already tight industry. People up there with Kotick, they don't give a fuck about the company. They don't give a fuck if you all stop buying their product. The man is set up for life x10, he and all those in his sector of capitalist pigs. He can get a job somewhere else rake in more money. Boycotting and ubnsubbing at this point only punishes the people at the bottom. People like Kotick are not gonna suffer. This isnt a Blizzard problem this is a societal and cultural problem.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-03-21 at 09:27 AM.

Can anyone working in the gaming industry please explain how it is like in those big corps? What kind of decisions would require the wisdom of a BOD and CEO? Isn't the strategy straightforward for the gaming industry to pump out more quality mobile games with greedy monetisation.

The companies I worked at often have a simple structure. One top dog and some middle managers.