Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Ya this crap triggers me.

It's like when people say "Just play the class you want lol".

Well, no, there are many forces at work that doesn't make it that simple.
    Well myself i can call hypocrite, because i still buying Acti Blizz stuff. But it is only WoW expansions. So yeah i gived small brick to this bullshit, like everyone else.

But sadly this is not a Blizzard or Activision issue, its a all companies issue.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Keep believing everything is business as usual. Your denial is entertaining but i digress, so we can agree to disagree i suppose.
    Yes I’ll believe observable fact while you make stuff up out of no where, we can agree to disagree on those grounds sure.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Because he saves Blizzard a enormous pile of money by reducing its labour costs. Isn't that obvious?
    Blizzard solely exists to make a profit, just like any other company in a capitalistic system.
    Reducing labor costs by firing 50 people who probably made about $50k each per year. Subtracting the severance package that layoff probably saved the company 2 million bucks this year. Kotic getting a 200 million bonus is... yeah... no

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But sadly this is not a Blizzard or Activision issue, its a all companies issue.
    Think that's the case with most of them yeah.

Games Workshop acually did the opposite some time ago though where the staff in nothingham got to share a bonus of £5m.

About 1,700 employees at the fantasy games retailer will split the payout "in recognition of their contribution".

https://engageemployee.com/games-wor...almost-double/
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...shire-44413297

They also used to be greedy as fuck in the past but atleast things changed there and perhaps here too in the future.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-18 at 01:08 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    A corporation board has a fiduciary duty to the shareholders,that's literally the whole point of this relationship
    Ethical yes.. legal no.

Wahhh. Guy helps big company make big money so he gets to keep a lot of that money. That's how the world works lmao. Stop paying this company money if you actually care but I can guarantee most of you will keep putting money right into his pocket. I see nothing wrong with this

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Reducing labor costs by firing 50 people who probably made about $50k each per year. Subtracting the severance package that layoff probably saved the company 2 million bucks this year. Kotic getting a 200 million bonus is... yeah... no
    If your job has become redundant you get fired, no company is going to keep you employed for a year while you do nothing just because they can afford to.

Those 50 people getting fired has nothing to do with the performance of the company.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2021-03-18 at 01:14 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I don't understand why you're upset. The vast majority of you on this website are leftwingers, some are radical leftwingers, you know who, and this is exactly the kind of corporate culture that you guys praise.

We live in a society where corporations can do no wrong if they had the foresight to cover their asses with plenty of "diversity and inclusion" virtue signaling and pandering to Twitter woke crowd. Corporations such as Disney that are openly racist and pandering to the CCP and indirectly supporting concentration camps in China, are virtually untouchable by the woke crowds. Or Nike who makes its products in sweatshops across the world, but because they all about "diversity and inclusion" and supporting that parasitical organism named Kaepernick, they are untouchable and can do no wrong.

Enter Activision - a company that really didn't virtue signal that much and tried to stay largely neutral, and as such as no protections when it pulls some bullshit.
    Odds are that Bobby Kotick or an Activision spokesperson will soon come out and mention "diversity and inclusion" for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    4700 blizzard employees. 200 million dollar bonus. If split evenly amongst their employees that's about 42.5k for each and every one of them. Literally a brand new car worth of cash for each employee.
    It is sad to see such an amount go to one person when it could be utilized much better.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's our fault that this guy gets those bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I mean......being pleased that someone will die, simply because of their level of success is pretty much Envy & Anger.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, you are right, activision and blizzard are both on the verge of ruin.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont worry, it will get swept under the rug into some obscure, dusty corner of this site and forgotten. Just leave it and let nature take its coarse.
    No one said they are pleased with a death. You read into it waayyy too much.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

I don't think that those 2 things are directly connected, maybe I formulated myself unclearly, but Kotic is still measured by the same standard as any other CEO in a capitalistic society - profit - and reducing costs is one way to maximize your profits.

Whether Kotic or any other CEO are worth their gigantic bonuses is not for us to decide, but at the discretion of the shareholders.
    I personally think that any such bonus is obscene, but it is perfectly logical within our economic system, so it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ethical yes.. legal no.
    Are you just being a cynical or truly just ignorant? They are LEGALLY obliged to act in the interest of shareholders.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Because he saves Blizzard a enormous pile of money by reducing its labour costs. Isn't that obvious?
    Blizzard solely exists to make a profit, just like any other company in a capitalistic system.
    Well, they sure don't exist to make good games anymore.

I don't think that those 2 things are directly connected, maybe I formulated myself unclearly, but Kotic is still measured by the same standard as any other CEO in a capitalistic society - profit - and reducing costs is one way to maximize your profits.

Whether Kotic or any other CEO are worth their gigantic bonuses is not for us to decide, but at the discretion of the shareholders.
    I personally think that any such bonus is obscene, but it is perfectly logical within our economic system, so it is what it is.
    It might be that he somehow through his own brillant mind produces vast profits so he can get a 200m bonus, but you said that was through reducing labour cost. With is highly illogical because with 200m you can employ a fucking lot of people. Whatever they saved in labour would be nullified by a couple magnitudes through giving a single man 200m.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can see by the state of wow and others that it is one big money grab atm.
    Blizzard has not been Blizzard for a long long time.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    They got let go, typically people get nothing. They got 3 months salary, a years worth of health care. I would have killed to get that from any job I was laid off from.
    You must have had pretty shitty jobs. It's pretty common for severance to be a thing in just about any job that has college requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It might be that he somehow through his own brillant mind produces vast profits so he can get a 200m bonus, but you said that was through reducing labour cost. With is highly illogical because with 200m you can employ a fucking lot of people. Whatever they saved in labour would be nullified by a couple magnitudes through giving a single man 200m.
    Reducing costs is something any company does/should do constantly. And in my reply to you I wrote "reducing cost is one way to maximize your profits.
    It is very common that a company can both fire and hire people at the same time. Some people's function get redundant and they get fired and the same time the company can hire other people that can fulfil new or emerging functions.
    The shareholders think that he is worth that bonus and that is all what matters. The shareholders don't care one bit about how he reaches the financial goals that would give him such a bonus, the shareholders only care that they are reached.

In a capitalist system whether something is good/bad is solely measured whether it is profitable or not.
    And therefore Activision makes very good products as the company is quite profitable.

Kotic is a vile piece of poo, but he is a brilliant capitalist and that is the only thing that counts in our society.

As a side-note I would add that it was Marx who postulated that goods, services and labour have an intrinsic, objective value/worth which is completely antithetical to the capitalist view on value/worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You must have had pretty shitty jobs. It's pretty common for severance to be a thing in just about any job that has college requirements.
    If you know my history, my first good job was owning my own business in my early 40s. I did carry mail for the USPS which was a good job, but even with union protections, if you were let go you didn't get a severance. I'd say the severance is in white collar jobs which, you are correct, are higher educated jobs. Which are by far a smaller share of the jobs in America.