Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well, you see... there are issues like neo-nazis... the town being 98% white... constant reports from people who travel through those areas complaining about racism... yeah you know as a person who isn't white... I would indeed stay away from those areas.
    I like diverse areas because the likelihood of being targeted because of my race is lower.
    Sounds like discrimination to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    Let's illustrate. I don't want to live in Harlem because there's too many black people.
    He didn't say black people, did he?

That's the problem. His issue is with a lack of racial diversity, not with a race.

That's like me saying I prefer trail mix over simply eating a container of only cashews or peanuts. That doesn't mean I don't like them, merely that I don't want only them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    People discriminate every single day. You discriminate based on what you eat, where you shop, and who you screw.

Mind you, I have no idea who that dude is, and he may be racist. But, wanting to live in a diverse neighborhood doesn't make someone racist.

Moving the goalposts now?
    If you refuse to acknowledge the racial issues because you're over in Sweden and utterly ignorant of them... you probably would fail to get the implicit understanding of "why" that most people would already get.

If I go to a Dominican person and say "I wouldn't live in Clark... it is 98% white..." do you think the issue is that they're white or that? Or do you think the issue is the expected racism we expect from the area? Hint: it is the latter.

Doesn't make it any less racist to refuse living in an area due to the racial makeup of the area.
    So, I'm white. If I would rather live in an area that is racially and culturally diverse... over somewhere that is monochromatic, that makes me racist in your eyes?

And I'm done on this particular sub-topic. I'm going to go enjoy my trail mix.

Doesn't make it any less racist to refuse living in an area due to the racial makeup of the area.
    I don't thnk you understand what "racist" means.

"I don't like to live in non-diverse areas because I'll expect to face some racism."
    you: that's racism!!

quite different.. I don't like any monolithic area

I've faced issues though different ones depending on "which" monolith is there.

There is no justification for avoiding an area based on the racial makeup.
    How about racism? The police being implicated in crimes against minorities and harassing people who are non-white? That's not a reason? Such privilege you ooze.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh come the fuck off it.

"Oh my god how could you say you would avoid areas because they're not diverse! That's discrimination"

Come live my fucking life then to see what actual discrimination is like before spouting off foolishness.

The two "people" I've quoted above perfectly show my issue with this denmark quota...

Ignorant people who don't know shit about the issues minorities face and go as far to say that avoiding areas that arne't diverse because of issues they face is itself racist and then give us some crocodile white tears as if anyone gives a shit.

If you don't understand why there is self segregation and how the host populace contributes to it... kindly show you're way out.?

5+ Year Old Account
    Cease derailing and pull it back in. Misunderstanding cleared, just be more mindful of your phrasing.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, I'm not the one choosing to push force... that's you.

Try and keep up.

As for your last paragraph... you keep spouting that lie. The Danish government does have the right to do it, I simply oppose them doing it. The Chinese government has a right to commit genocide on Uighers, but I find it absolutely fucking vile, and I oppose it.

See how that works?

"Embrace our culture, or else..."

"What culture is that, exactly?"

"You know... cultural stuff."

"Like what?"

"Stop asking questions, and just do it!!!"
    Nobody in Denmark said that. That was you making shit up and paraphrasing in the worst way possible and then basing your entire argument on that nation. You are wrong.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So, I'm white. If I would rather live in an area that is racially and culturally diverse... over somewhere that is monochromatic, that makes me racist in your eyes?
    I would say that this doesn't make you (or Themius) racist, nor am I saying that it's your fault that these areas are segregated.

However, it plays a part in segregation. If more "outsiders" were willing to move into the "ghettos" it would help people and cultures integrate with each other.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Yes, gay Muslims in the West, probably also living in upper middle-class society. But then we're not talking about those, are we? Of course you have no clue about reality in other countries nor the enclaves.
    You think there are no gays in Muslim communities? Are you discounting the oppressed? Cos I'd wager the perecentage of gay people is probably pretty even across all cultures.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nobody in Denmark said that. That was you making shit up and paraphrasing in the worst way possible and then basing your entire argument on that nation. You are wrong.
    That's what the government and laws are... do this, or else. What happens if people don't comply?

You are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I would like to say first that this doesn't make you (or Themius) racist, nor am I saying that it's your fault that these areas are segregated.

However, it plays a part in segregation. If more "outsiders" were willing to move into the "ghettos" it would help people and cultures integrate with each other.
    I love the idea of integration. My concern is the use of government to force it. That carries so many risks, and could even make things worse... all at the expense of liberty.

I think many of us have noticed that trying to force things onto people only makes them hate it more, and causes even more resistance.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no requirement to adhere to any culture.
    And yet, people want to force exactly that. They also want to force people to move.

Danish people justify avoiding the areas the policy this thread is about is meant to fix, because the likelihood of crime based on the demographics of the area.

Why would your racism be justified but theirs not?
    Lol omg you're totally clueless on these issues aren't you? The higher likelihood of crime isn't one of the "demographics" however. It rarely ever is... creating quotas to force integration doesn't address why there was segregation to begin. If the segregation is based on the group not being able to integrate, "why" weren't they able to? Why have people continued to put the onus of integration on the immigrants while summarily ignoring history that has shown time and time again how successful integration goes is upon the host populace's acceptance of the immigrants

This isn't a fucking new issues do you need a 2000 years history lesson or something to see the same repeated shit age in and age out? The very fact people can't look to history to see how we are still facing similar issues today is disgusting. Especially when they behave as if this is new and never happened before and "omg we have no idea what to do it must be xyz" like it is amazing that those people never get sick of being wrong...

That's what the government and laws are... do this, or else. What happens if people don't comply? You are wrong.
    Please. You'd never move into a ghetto.

No, I'm pretty well aware of these issues.
    Me thinks, you lie.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes a ghetto a ghetto? I mean... there are some Areas here that people have considered ghettos. Despite it having lower crime than the average, and a high degree of privately own businesses by the high immigrant population. It was "ghetto" because it was very brown though.

I'd move to a place like that.

That's what the government and laws are... do this, or else. What happens if people don't comply?

You are wrong.
    You seem to be mixing a lot of stuff. Housing legislation is what Denmark is enforcing. That doesn't equate to "embrace our culture". It's literally just that, rules about housing. Yes, the integration is a part of the motivation (and preventing Ghettoism), but it's not Embrace our culture or else, it's follow our housing rules or else. They can do that. Unsurprisingly, the Government has the authority to tell you what type of building to build. You'd be surprised but the whole legal system concerning the construction of buildings is probably one of the most complex legal rulesets apart from taxation, possibly.

I mean, I know you have no clue about all of that and keep arguing against the emotions you felt when you read "immigrant" somewhere in the headline, but really this is a hopeless case for you. Unlike you just repeating words over and over again, I come at you from all kinds of angles, because everytime you create a post and repeat yourself, I think of a new way to slap you down. It's entertaining to some degree, I admit but really it just shows that you have no case.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, people want to force exactly that. They also want to force people to move.
    No. He was right, there is no law enforcing that you embrace the culture. That's you making shit up. And housing rules are enforced all over the planet, THIS IS NOT NOTEWORTHY.

You seem to be mixing a lot of stuff. Housing legislation is what Denmark is enforcing. That doesn't equate to "embrace our culture". It's literally just that, rules about housing. Yes, the integration is a part of the motivation (and preventing Ghettoism), but it's not Embrace our culture or else, it's follow our housing rules or else. They can do that. Unsurprisingly, the Government has the authority to tell you what type of building to build. You'd be surprised but the whole legal system concerning the construction of buildings is probably one of the most complex legal rulesets apart from taxation, possibly.

I mean, I know you have no clue about all of that and keep arguing against the emotions you felt when you read "immigrant" somewhere in the headline, but really this is a hopeless case for you. Unlike you just repeating words over and over again, I come at you from all kinds of angles, because everytime you create a post and repeat yourself, I think of a new way to slap you down. It's entertaining to some degree, I admit but really it just shows that you have no case.

- - - Updated - - -

No. He was right, there is no law enforcing that you embrace the culture. That's you making shit up. And housing rules are enforced all over the planet, THIS IS NOT NOTEWORTHY.
    I remember France being an issue some... 15 years ago... this isn't a "new" issue and "all over the world" doesn't negate the issue lol.

That's like saying what the Hindu extremist government of India is doing to Muslims is okay because what the Buddhist extremist in Burma are doing is okay because of what the CPC is doing in China is okay because... because because....

I'd also never move to Alabama or most towns in Texas.

What's your point?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, the topic has come up, and its exactly what people want to enforce. From the OP

"The interior minister, Kaare Dybvad Bek, said in a statement that too many non-western foreigners in one area “increases the risk of an emergence of religious and cultural parallel societies”."

Their legislation is authoritarian, and thinly-veiled racism.

Good luck with those straw men!
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-03-18 at 03:29 PM.

I'd also never move to Alabama or most towns in Texas.
    What's your point?
    You're as discriminatory as anyone.

You're as discriminatory as anyone.
    We discriminate all the time. I lived in Texas, I didn't like it. I hate their governor and their AG. They are fucktards.

I also don't eat broccoli, and hate anchovies. I discriminate every time I choose carrots and pepperoni pizza.