Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

"The interior minister, Kaare Dybvad Bek, said in a statement that too many non-western foreigners in one area “increases the risk of an emergence of religious and cultural parallel societies”."

Their legislation is authoritarian, and thinly-veiled racism.

Good luck with those straw men!
    That's just racists... that's not even thinly veiled...

"We can't allow these foreigners to group up in one area because then it'll make religious and cultural parallels"

excuse me what? Is this basically saying they are in the interest of erasure of their culture and religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I remember France being an issue some... 15 years ago... this isn't a "new" issue and "all over the world" doesn't negate the issue lol.

That's like saying what the Hindu extremist government of India is doing to Muslims is okay because what the Buddhist extremist in Burma are doing is okay because of what the CPC is doing in China is okay because... because because....
    Wtf... https://lis.njleg.state.nj.us/nxt/ga...sh:10.1048/Enu

There, laws. They are enforced. Even in New Jersey. Amazing how society functions, isn't it. HOUSING RULES are normal. What's not normal is that some people seem to think someone has protection from the Government's housing plans because he's an immigrant. Guess what, these housing rules affect Danish people, too. And the whole concept of combatting Ghettoism is absolutely fine. That's well within the authority of any state or city to make these kinds of decisions to maintain the general picture of their city.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, the topic has come up, and its exactly what people want to enforce. From the OP

"The interior minister, Kaare Dybvad Bek, said in a statement that too many non-western foreigners in one area “increases the risk of an emergence of religious and cultural parallel societies”."

Their legislation is authoritarian, and thinly-veiled racism.

Good luck with those straw men!
    Stop using buzz phrases if you don't have an argument. Just makes you look stupid.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Wtf... https://lis.njleg.state.nj.us/nxt/ga...sh:10.1048/Enu

There, laws. They are enforced. Even in New Jersey. Amazing how society functions, isn't it. HOUSING RULES are normal. What's not normal is that some people seem to think someone has protection from the Government's housing plans because he's an immigrant. Guess what, these housing rules affect Danish people, too. And the whole concept of combatting Ghettoism is absolutely fine. That's well within the authority of any state or city to make these kinds of decisions to maintain the general picture of their city.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop using buzz phrases if you don't have an argument. Just makes you look stupid.
    It's literally quoted from the article.

If you have a problem with it, take it up with... the Danish government... specifically, the Danish Interior Minister.

They sure as shit seem to think it's about culture.

According to you, redlining laws in the United States were "just housing rules," and not racist as shit. Because... the federal government did just that.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-03-18 at 03:48 PM.

I thought this was going to swing the other way; mandatory ethnic minorities in every neighborhood. That'd be fantastic clickbait.

30% occupancy of minorities in any one neighborhood doesn't really sound like a major issue.

"We can't allow these foreigners to group up in one area because then it'll make religious and cultural parallels"

excuse me what? Is this basically saying they are in the interest of erasure of their culture and religion?
    Reads to me like the key term is 'parallel society' not 'religious and cultural'. Seems completely reasonable for the Danes to expect people immigrating into their country to enter their society.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2021-03-18 at 03:54 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

According to you, redlining laws in the United States were "just housing rules," and not racist as shit. Because... the federal government did just that.
    O...so you don't have a problem doing it. You only have a problem when the goverment does it.
    *waits for it*

Reminds me of France.. some immigrant heavy suburbs in Paris wont be touched by the police if they can dodge it.

Same as the infamous Molenbeke in Brussels.. another Ghetto with nearly or fully only immigrants. This is what Denmark tries to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    O...so you don't have a problem doing it. You only have a problem when the goverment does it.
    *waits for it*
    I don't have a problem with me having the choice to move (or not)to Texas, and also the government not forcing me to move to Texas.

I live in a very culturally-diverse area... so feel free to keep missing. If you want to personally be racist, I support your freedom to do so. I can oppose something, yet still not push to ban it. I have a huge problem with racism, as should be quite clear by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    I'm not questioning your intelligence, I am considering your cultural background. I am completely honest in stating that I wouldn't dare to pretend to understand the social dynamics behind BLM, simply because I come from a small country with one language, one culture, one skin colour. The same applies vice versa, I don't think a citizen of the US can really understand the feelings of people from countries which basically feel like a huge village, unless they move and live there for some time.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not Danish.
    Oh, we understand racism and xenophobia just fine.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-03-18 at 04:06 PM.

I don't have a problem with me having the choice to move (or not)to Texas, and also the government not forcing me to move to Texas.
    I live in a very culturally-diverse area... so feel free to keep missing. If you want to personally be racist, I support your freedom to do so. .
    And when people freely elect leaders to do differently...and enforce housing regulations...o shit then you have a problem. Your biggest problem of course is putting forth a convincing argument.

And when people freely elect leaders to do differently...and enforce housing regulations...o shit then you have a problem. Your biggest problem of course is putting forth a convincing argument.
    Yes, I will keep opposing it when racists gain power, and try to legislate their bigotry.

I do have a problem... asshats who seek to legislate their racism...which is why I'm speaking up.

I love that you are taking issue with opposing government-mandated racism.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I thought this was going to swing the other way; mandatory ethnic minorities in every neighborhood. That'd be fantastic clickbait.

30% occupancy of minorities in any one neighborhood doesn't really sound like a major issue.

Reads to me like the key term is 'parallel society' not 'religious and cultural'. Seems completely reasonable for the Danes to expect people immigrating into their country to enter their society.
    Erasure is a form of oppression. Cultures existing in parallel are usually a good thing generally leads to both cultures adopting parts of each others.

Yes, I will keep opposing it when racists gain power, and try to legislate their bigotry.
    Call it racism...only because you think it's a winning argument.
    It's as discriminatory as you are...does that make you a racist?

I don't think they are saying that at all.

Parallel societies encourage racism and segregation/exclusion. Culture and religion naturally evolve and mix together, and should be encouraged to do so.

But I think we're essentially talking about the same thing, something like this:

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Call it racism...only because you think it's a winning argument.
    It's as discriminatory as you are...does that make you a racist?
    "People who oppose racism are the real racists!"

Good luck with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Parallel societies encourage racism and segregation/exclusion. Culture and religion naturally evolve and mix together, and should be encouraged to do so.
    I suspect it can get worse than that. Parallel societies encourage parallel "governments." Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I don't think they are saying that at all.

But I think we're essentially talking about the same thing, something like this:

Yes, they should be encouraged... but this is an issue of actual government force.

I highly recommend people move to culturally-diverse neighborhoods and towns. That doesn't mean the government should kick you out of your house and move you to make it happen.

"People who oppose racism are the real racists!" Good luck with that one.
    Your libertarian you're automatically at a disadvantage. You guys did a fantastic job making TX so much better...

Your libertarian you're automatically at a disadvantage. You guys did a fantastic job making TX so much better...
    Texas is rather authoritarian.

Swing and a miss.

I highly recommend people move to culturally-diverse neighborhoods and towns. That doesn't mean the government should kick you out of your house and move you to makenit happen.
    O...love the hypocrisy. Put your money where your mouth is and move to a ghetto. North Philly is calling you!

Texas is rather authoritarian. Swing and a miss.
    Yea...libertarians did indeed miss. But I guess you're just all talk.

O...love the hypocrisy. Put your money where your mouth is and move to a ghetto. North Philly is calling you!
    How is it hypocritical to think people should live where they want?

I live in a culturally-diverse area, and it is great.

I love that your hate bones for me has led you to defend racism. If the horseshoe fits...

- - - Updated - - -

Yea...libertarians did indeed miss. But I guess you're just all talk.
    https://www.freedominthe50states.org/