Thread: Dear Blizzard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Can us casuals have a gameplay loop where we progress our gear over a long period of time?
    Capping out at ~200 iLvl early on and then being stuck there gives us only one option, to unsub until next patch.
    Give us badge gear or something do we have something to work towards.

Dear Blizzard and Ion,
    Please find enclosed a very well thought out and reasonable desire. The poster of the aforementioned sentiment should receive 2 slices of epic pie and low lag when he kills the world boss each week.
    Thanking you in advance,
    A Subscriber with 4 accounts

Accessory slots for transmog.

Hi, Blizzard, I'm an older wc and wow player and thought I'd request and suggest you consider implementing some features. I'll be making a few posts regarding my most heartfelt thoughts, so keep an eye out for me and my posts. My ideas and big wishes come from having played for many years, and seeing what I think people might really enjoy, and what I think could replenish and expand a lot of love for/in the game. From my experiences having played since the beginning and loving the game.

I tend to make suggestions when I think the game, us players, and you as a company can all benefit from them. While I love the game and it's characters, lore, gameplay, style, art, music, etc, I do think there are some things that would make me, as an older player, more excited and wanting to log on, and so my suggestions are all in the realm of our characters, races, their cultures, and visuals regarding cosmetics, customization, spell and ability graphics, etc, that I think would provide an excitement and love and a want/urge to log in more than people already do.

We have a connection to our characters, we want our characters to look and feel certain ways, reflecting their personality, profession, culture, fantasy, etc. The reason we play an mmo over other games out there is because your game and mmo's provide one thing no other game does - attachment to our character, long term, a journey, a single character whom we spend a lot of time with and as. That means by default you have something unique going for you, and I feel like you could be taking advantage of this reality, and I think we players and the game as a whole can benefit from my ideas because they infuse and replenish and invigorate our attachment to our characters, allow us to become more deeply connected or simply have more fun with them and their roles in the worlds: class, profession, race/culture, fantasy, etc. I want to log on more, and I surely would if these ideas were in game. Give my reads a chance, thanks!

Some of these ideas may even make people, newer, older, returning, leaving, etc, want to continue their experiences wow and with their characters. There's been lots of blizzcons and reveals since wow's start, and some of the most awesome inclusions have been new playable races, classes, landscapes, etc. There aren't as many enticements for me as before. I look forward to blizzcons and additions to the game through patches and so on, and as awesome and thrilling as some reveals have been for me such as long-loved and awaited pandaren, pandaria and monks, the super cool artifact weapons/appearances, northrend, new customization, even your class-accessory concept form years ago, pet battles, etc, I think you could be fulfilling an area that's lacking, an area that shouldn't be ignored because it's the one area that sets you as an mmo apart from all other games - our long-term bond with our characters and their aesthetics.

I want to log on not just for story and fun, but also to enhance my character, visually. To make him and my characters more complete version of who they are. But there's surprisingly not many options to do this. I remedy that by offering suggestions here and in a few other posts I'll be making with this same intro. The goal is to make blizzcons shock and floor people like they used to. This is one small area that I think has great potential and appeal and long-term enjoyability and longevity. I know I would be excited if I saw this feature revealed at blizzcon and added to the game. Thank you!

I'm older but this is something the game and us players need and something you are in a position to offer. Something that would grab my attention from a blizzcon and make me AS excited to log on as I used to be, something that if revealed at blizzcon and trickled in patches over the course of wow's future would make me giddy and more attached to the game than in a long while, a way to truly enrich my character through cosmetics, customization, spell and abilities visuals, etc. I would be over the moon if any of my ideas, suggestions, requests were revealed at blizzcon, and I'd want to play forever! Thanks for considering!

Onto my ideas.

With glasses, backpacks, quivers, hopefully-visible trinkets, idols, relics, librams, fetishes, class, race/culture, profession, fantasy-enriching items, etc, we could and should have cosmetic race, class, profession, fantasy, and/or universal accessory slots for cosmetics. They don't have stats, we collect and can (equip and/or) transmogrify them. A cosmetic-only slot opens up below or next to our main gear slot. Or there is a cosmetic-specific slots in the transmog menu.

For instance, let's say we have a cosmetic slot for head, back, waist, and wrist. Perfect! Each of these gear slots can have a side out or drop down slot, or, they can simply have their own dedicated slots in the transmogrification menu.

A drop down or slide out slot near your head slot, dedicated for equipping or transmogging head cosmetics such as glasses. A drop down cosmetic slot appears when transmogging your belt/waist and you can hitch/select from a range of waist-cosmetic items such as a potion bottle, a profession tool, a skull, a sack of gems, a coin purse, a scroll, etc. Same for our back, a cosmetic slot near the cloak/back gear slot, for backpacks, totems, satchels, wings, quivers, etc. and for wrists we could collet and craft bracelets and beads and charms and so on, and use the cosmetic slot to equip or transmog them.

Attaching items to our characters that visually enrich and give us a great closeness to our character and their role/fantasy. Perhaps an accessories category in transmog would be the best way to implement this. sometimes I just want to log on and spend time with my character, fixing him up and seeing how best I can make him, him. You have all these wonderful races, classes, cultures, professions, fantasies and it would so immersive and give more reason to play to be able to truly create my character with these ornaments, details, decorations, accessories, and belongings.

Accessory slots and cosmetic items would be ton of fun to collect and craft and attach to our characters!

Race, culture and or profession specific items such as;

for Goblins; bombs, tools, wrench, hammer, dynamite/fireworks, coin sack, pouch of nuts and bolts, kaja-cola can, rockets on back, single-lens visor,

Tauren; dream catcher, bones, beads, shells, seed pouch, animal foot or feathers, idol,

Dwarf; small axe, stein, coin purse,

Pandaren; kegs and teapots and gourd jugs, a fan, bamboo stalk in mouth to chew on, chi beads bracelets, scrolls,

Tolls; wooden masks, pots of spicy drink, talismans, shrunken heads dangling from belt,

Undead; small cauldrons, candles, lantern, potion bottles and vials, skulls,

Class and Profession and Civilian specific items such as; Potion bottles, vials, books, scrolls, compass, flower, herb, ammo, coin, treasure, medicine, jewel or reagent pouches, tools, profession and civilian items, lanterns, skulls, gems, small sacks of important items.

These accessories are not offhands nor have stats but are collectible or craftable race specific or culture appropriate ornaments or universal belongings or profession or even class themed items and adornments that are more akin to decorations to add on to your gear for an extra bit of needed character.

These would be immersive items and objects we could hitch to our sides, waist or belt. Adornments on our head or face, accessories to wrap around our wrists, belongings on our back. Decorative only, like shirts.

A cosmetic slot per gear slot (head, back, waist and maybe wrist) would allow for the enrichment and visibility of details on our characters, without sacrificing/overriding the gear in the slot, it would instead be an addition to the gear slot but visual/cosmetic only:

Glasses, monocle, along with most helms/hats rather than instead of helm/hats

Backpacks, satchels, quiver, brew keg, rocket, gnome/mechagon power generator along with cloak rather than instead of cloak

Potion bottles, books, herb, medicine pouches, coin sacks, gem sacks, bags of nuts and bolts and screws, tongs, hammer, vials, scrolls, steins, jugs, skulls, etc, along with most belts rather than in place of belts. This would also help those who can't use offhands to enrich their character (we can't see most offhands anyway, sadly.)

Perhaps gear slots such as our head, back, waist, and wrist, can have a secondary slot dedicated for cosmetic accessories, decorations, belongings, items and objects, character-enriching details, ornaments.

Thanks for considering!
    Last edited by dunkl; 2021-04-16 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Are you trying to say wow cinematics are anything other than amazing? It's one of the only parts of the game left that remain top-shelf quality
    "So you are saying..." Lol. That's not what I said. I responded to someone claiming a wow cinematic is better than "most movies" which is simply not true. The compare well to middle of the pack movies, in both quality and substance, but couldn't hold a candle to the good AAA movies.

Also, it's only really fair to compare them to the same genre, fantasy, by far the least represented genre of the main ones. So immediately it is not even comparable to "most movies".

And lastly, they only need to entertain for a few moments, 2-3 minutes, not 2-3 hours. They also have the support of DECADES of secondary story telling and character development.

The visual quality has improved, obviously, but the last great cinematic they did was the death of the LK (spoiler alert, sorry) and even that is poorly written, the voice acting is a mix of brilliant and average, and it's under 10mins long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.

Dear Blizzard, please release the TBC prepatch in classic before I lose my mind from anticipation and boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by mytheiya View Post
    Letters to blizzard for things we want like mounts etc.

I will start,

Dear Blizzard can my druid have seasonal tree form now?
    Dear Blizzard, Let's do away with the Boomkin form and make it a cosmetic form similar to the Resto Tree...

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    "So you are saying..." Lol. That's not what I said. I responded to someone claiming a wow cinematic is better than "most movies" which is simply not true. The compare well to middle of the pack movies, in both quality and substance, but couldn't hold a candle to the good AAA movies.
    I asked you I didnt say you said anything.

And you do realize that 51% of anything counts as "most" right? You yourself admit that the cinematics compare well (I translate that to ''are better") to middle of the pack movies. Middle of the pack meaning average, meaning half of all movies are below average, meaning wow cinematics being better than 51% of all movies, hence most, was a true statement after all by your own admission lol

I asked you I didnt say you said anything.

And you do realize that 51% of anything counts as "most" right? You yourself admit that the cinematics compare well (I translate that to ''are better") to middle of the pack movies. Middle of the pack meaning average, meaning half of all movies are below average, meaning wow cinematics being better than 51% of all movies, hence most, was a true statement after all by your own admission lol
    Oh dear......dear oh dear oh dear.......I genuinely hope you stretched before reaching so hard. "compare well" absolutely does NOT mean "are better than". In no world is that an honest or fair "translation" - what you are doing is not a translation - no translation was needed. What you are doing is ironically what i called you out for right at the start.

Person says A
    Other person replies "So what you are saying is B?"

What you are doing is not "translating" its "fundamentally changing your argument to fit my agenda". You are also EXTREMELY disingenuous in your reply, intentionally editing out the following points:

Also, it's only really fair to compare them to the same genre, fantasy, by far the least represented genre of the main ones. So immediately it is not even comparable to "most movies".

And lastly, they only need to entertain for a few moments, 2-3 minutes, not 2-3 hours. They also have the support of DECADES of secondary story telling and character development.

The visual quality has improved, obviously, but the last great cinematic they did was the death of the LK (spoiler alert, sorry) and even that is poorly written, the voice acting is a mix of brilliant and average, and it's under 10mins long.

You edited these points out because they are not so easily manipulated and twisted to fit your agenda. Overall, taking all points into consideration, a wow cinematic is comparable to a b-grade movie TRAILER, and as with a b-grade movie trailer, its easy to impress for 1-3 minutes, no so much for 2 HOURS. You also neglect to respond to my comments about wow having a pre-existing story, pre existing characters, and literally DECADES of story to draw from.

A wow cinematic is absolutely not better than 51% of movies - in quality, it is comparable to a b-grade movie at best, and overall, about the same as a trailer for a b-grade movie. If you think that equals "better than 51% of all movies" then you are completely delusional and do not understand simple logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Dear Blizzard, Let's do away with the Boomkin form and make it a cosmetic form similar to the Resto Tree...
    I dont disagree, it really doesnt fit with the modern look of the game, however the "forms" really are a fundamental part of the druid fantasy. Im assuming you can still use the glyph of w/e the fuck it was called, glyph of stars? whatever, the one that means you dont turn into the form, but instead just gear a weird glow. Im torn on that one - maybe just a "re-imagining" of the form would work? I dont really like either of the BfA forms, so I dont have much confidence there either, however those were developed and designed under the "old" system.....tricky one.

A wow cinematic is absolutely not better than 51% of movies - in quality, it is comparable to a b-grade movie at best, and overall, about the same as a trailer for a b-grade movie. If you think that equals "better than 51% of all movies" then you are completely delusional and do not understand simple logic.
    So, again, in your own words a wow cinematic is comparable to a B-grade movie. So that means wow cinematics are better than C-grade, D-grade, and F-grade movies.

So here is the "list" if you will: A-grade movies >>> B-grade movies=WoW cinematics >>>C-grade movies >>>D-grade movies>>>F-grade movies.

Sure looks like you admitted yet again that WoW cinematics are indeed better than most movies lmao you are so fun

Quote Originally Posted by psychosaimon View Post
    Dear Blizzard:

make survival a tank spec, ty
    as someone who hasn't touched survival I support this idea. though I probably don't have any issues tanking most things so it may be unnecessary.

Dear Blizzard,
    Fucking fire Christie Golden and whatever other idiots that are writing the story for WoW now.

So, again, in your own words a wow cinematic is comparable to a B-grade movie. So that means wow cinematics are better than C-grade, D-grade, and F-grade movies.

So here is the "list" if you will: A-grade movies >>> B-grade movies=WoW cinematics >>>C-grade movies >>>D-grade movies>>>F-grade movies.

Sure looks like you admitted yet again that WoW cinematics are indeed better than most movies lmao you are so fun
    You are desperately trying to dig yourself out of this hole - its painful to watch, but i cant look away. Although in some isolated situations, some individuals might refer to an absolute disaster of a movie (think The Room) as C-grade or far more commonly Z grade, the origins of the term B-grade, or B Movie are in a context where there are only 2 "grades" of movies.

Let me help you out some more: A B movie or B film is a low-budget commercial motion picture that is not an arthouse film. In its original usage, during the Golden Age of Hollywood, the term more precisely identified films intended for distribution as the less-publicized bottom half of a double feature (akin to B-sides for recorded music). However, the U.S. production of movies intended as second features largely ceased by the end of the 1950s. With the emergence of commercial television at that time, film studio B- movie production departments changed into television film production divisions making much of the same type of content in low budget movies and series.

Being a B movie does not automatically mean something is BAD, however there are some very common themes - terrible writing, modest Sfx, poor syncing/dubbing, and in many cases, a shorter run time. Although the name has changed a lot since the early days, the name does NOT come from a grading system of A - B - C - D - F. Its name comes from the B-side of a tape, where artists traditionally put their much weaker songs (a trend that continues to this day for many artists, although not all). As such, you may have heard them refered to as B-Movies, B-Grade moves, B-Side movie, or simply B-Movie - depending on where you are from.

Once upon a time, shorter B movies would be shown before the main feature film - a curtain raiser - an opening act not of a high enough quality or popularity to stand on its own, but acceptable as a warm up for the main feature / game / event.

With the popularity of TV increasing, and now with services such as Netflix, many of these types of movies have moved over to TV series or Netflix originals. If you are still having trouble, I am saying WoW cinimatics are comparable to a direct to tv movie, similar to something Steven Seagul has been producing for the last 15 odd years.

But hey, at least you were right about ONE thing - this is fun!
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-04-17 at 03:14 AM.

So that means wow cinematics are better than C-grade, D-grade, and F-grade movies.
    I didn't read the whole back and forth, so forgive me, but what the fuck are you talking about?

Cinematics aren't movies and a better/worse comparison is pretty dumb in terms of being absolutely meaningless. Better in what way? They're not comparable so it depends entirely on what you're talking about. I mean, is a really good bowl of spaghetti better than most movies? Well, it really fucking depends on what you're looking for. They have entirely different roles.

Dear Blizzard: Please remove the ability of ever getting a duplicate item. Things like the Great Vault should be able to see your lowest ilvl equipped item, prioritizing trinkets last, and give you an item based on that.

I dont disagree, it really doesnt fit with the modern look of the game, however the "forms" really are a fundamental part of the druid fantasy. Im assuming you can still use the glyph of w/e the fuck it was called, glyph of stars? whatever, the one that means you dont turn into the form, but instead just gear a weird glow. Im torn on that one - maybe just a "re-imagining" of the form would work? I dont really like either of the BfA forms, so I dont have much confidence there either, however those were developed and designed under the "old" system.....tricky one.
    Well the model feels very outdated considering all the Feral and Bear reskins we have. The other issue is that every time a new patch rolls around the game does not interact with the player in Boomkin form and thus forces you out of form a lot until Blizzard can be bother to go back in fix it. Theres quests in Mal that still wont let me interact with stuff in feral form..

The Glyph is alright, though I run into problems during raid when I die and rez and Im still in that form and then I get distracted til the pull and then I end up casting heals instead of my opener. I've gotten so bad that I had to make a WA just to annoy me im not in form lol.

I dunno though, I do use my Treant a lot when I heal so going off of that I would probably still use the Boomie look in a similar way if it was cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Well the model feels very outdated considering all the Feral and Bear reskins we have.
    Like i said, the two allied race forms are quite different, troll in particular, and clearly higher def, and yet i still dont really like either of them, and i think that is because they are still "restricted" by the established vision of what a boonkin looks like.