Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do we not use saronite?

Now that Yogg-saron is mostly gone then why not use saronite? It absorbs spells pretty good after all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old God corruption is notorious for working long after they are dead. Even his whispers and powers linger in Ulduar. Using Saronite is just inviting ruin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the old god is dead doesn't mean his powers and influence are gone. Look at the old god Y'Shaarj, he was dead way long ago yet look what happened when Garrosh found the heart.

Besides lingering corruption, it got outclassed by things like Azerite.

Because it'll still make you go insane by simply being by it...

Even expansions later after we very-definitely-killed-forever Y'shaarj they're still mopping up old god juice and sha energy off of MOP. I don't think it's worth it. You've got a solid coin toss of turning insane and murdering your party members, and if my experiences in Tomb of Sargeras are any indication, enough of that will eventually get you kicked. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because whatever continent we are fighting on has the best metals for the job, obviously. /s.

Really, no reason why we shouldn't be. It was pretty good stuff. It only seems corrupting in its ore form, Orgrimmar is made of the stuff and no one has had any side-effects.

But now we got a cloak to cleanse corruption

As others have said, it would most prob drive us insane, also who knows how much of it is left now that Yoggy is 'dead' there might not be much left to mine and Bolvar might have had the Scourge mine it all while on time out for 'reasons'

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Now that Yogg-saron is mostly gone then why not use saronite? It absorbs spells pretty good after all.
    Because death is not quite the end for an old god.
    Y'shaarj's disembodied heart corrupted Garrosh (and parts of the Horde loyal to him, see Malkorok).
    C'thun's corpse mutated Cho'Gall, Yogg-Saron still whispers and his N'raqi (effectively extensions of his own body) still manifest from vapor, and so on.

Death does not stop them, they literally planned to use the world-destroying Legion to break free, that's how little they care about death and their own destruction.

Hell we've seen time and again that titans were able to destroy them whether in cataclysmic/sundering fashion or through more precise attempts via their minions (imprisonment is far harder than destruction in most cases, as it means you can't go all out).

If even they couldn't figure out a way to properly destroy them, then maybe they simply cannot be destroyed, as they and their minions have been telling us for a long time, and which other sources like the titans' creations and the Legion's agents have confirmed (barring total planetary reorigination / cleaving a planet in half of course, though arguably that just means that the destroyed old gods in question only lack a reason to return after that, rather than lacking the means to do so; hints for that can be found in Shadowmoon valley in Outland).

So yeah, don't use saronite, Yoggy's relevant raidboss days may be done but storywise it's doubtful that we even really inconvenienced him.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-05-28 at 10:23 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Too low ilvl fam
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Because the developers suffer expansion-bound dementia.

That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Because death is not quite the end for an old god.
    Y'shaarj's disembodied heart corrupted Garrosh (and parts of the Horde loyal to him, see Malkorok).
    C'thun's corpse mutated Cho'Gall, Yogg-Saron still whispers and his N'raqi (effectively extensions of his own body) still manifest from vapor, and so on.

Death does not stop them, they literally planned to use the world-destroying Legion to break free, that's how little they care about death and their own destruction.

Hell we've seen time and again that titans were able to destroy them whether in cataclysmic/sundering fashion or through more precise attempts via their minions (imprisonment is far harder than destruction in most cases, as it means you can't go all out).

If even they couldn't figure out a way to properly destroy them, then maybe they simply cannot be destroyed, as they and their minions have been telling us for a long time, and which other sources like the titans' creations and the Legion's agents have confirmed (barring total planetary reorigination / cleaving a planet in half of course, though arguably that just means that the destroyed old gods in question only lack a reason to return after that, rather than lacking the means to do so; hints for that can be found in Shadowmoon valley in Outland).

So yeah, don't use saronite, Yoggy's relevant raidboss days may be done but storywise it's doubtful that we even really inconvenienced him.
    lol so much wrong with this it's not even funny.

Yes they do care about their physical body being destroyed as it is their only purpose in life being glorified sperm cells from the void.

What you're talking about is more akin to the after effects of a nuclear disaster rather than a planned part of it.

The real reason is that Blizzard has a real problem with "forgetting" most things from an expansion when the next one rolls out. Same happened to a lot of other supposed exceptional materials,such as arcanite or elementium if we stick to crafting materials

Yes, because using old god stuff after said old god is dead clearly makes it safe to use, as it has been proven with MoP.

Some people want the world to drown in blood. Some people want to wear that blood as a new fashion accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Because the developers suffer expansion-bound dementia.

That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    The real reason is that Blizzard has a real problem with "forgetting" most things from an expansion when the next one rolls out. Same happened to a lot of other supposed exceptional materials,such as arcanite or elementium if we stick to crafting materials
    If you completely ignore the fact the metal has been proven to drive people mad then sure, just blame Blizzard. It's much easier than doing research.

A quick look into this showed me a Cinematic Director Supervisor pointed out the fact Bolvar threw the Saronite spikes at Sylvanus because of it's properties against the Undead. But no, they just forgot.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Yes, because using old god stuff after said old god is dead clearly makes it safe to use, as it has been proven with MoP.
    It actually was relatively safe for him. Everything he did was his own doing. I'm pretty sure Blizzard went on record that it basically just enhanced everything that was already there physically and mentally. So if you're not a psychopath like Garrosh you'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If you completely ignore the fact the metal has been proven to drive people mad then sure, just blame Blizzard. It's much easier than doing research.

A quick look into this showed me a Cinematic Director Supervisor pointed out the fact Bolvar threw the Saronite spikes at Sylvanus because of it's properties against the Undead. But no, they just forgot.
    I don't understand, aren't undead resistant to saronite? Which is why the LK used undead to mine it? And the original speculation that the Forsaken or Sylvanas could play a role in fighting the void if they are already resistant to something linked to an old god? This seems like more proof of forgetting the plot unless there's some major lore I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I don't understand, aren't undead resistant to saronite? Which is why the LK used undead to mine it? And the original speculation that the Forsaken or Sylvanas could play a role in fighting the void if they are already resistant to something linked to an old god? This seems like more proof of forgetting the plot unless there's some major lore I missed.
    This is from the book Edge of Night:
    The fall alone couldn't kill her: her animate flesh was nigh indestructible. But the spikes, the hardened blood of an Old God, they not only would tear the body apart but would obliterate the soul as well.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing