Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Besides lingering corruption, it got outclassed by things like Azerite.
    Is that a pun on BfA Azerite/corruption gear? Because it could have been!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Because whatever continent we are fighting on has the best metals for the job, obviously.
    Which is why I don't know how we could raid/level on azeroth main continents again. Back to copper ---> Thorium? I know Cata added stuff to azeroth, but it was in the vein of deathwing caused this to happen when he broke da world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Because the developers suffer expansion-bound dementia.
    Such is the case with hiring new people. Always adding on, without vast knowledge of what came before. I'm looking at you: MISSED OPPORTUNITY that was WoD
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Derpules View Post
    Is that a pun on BfA Azerite/corruption gear? Because it could have been!

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I don't know how we could raid/level on azeroth main continents again. Back to copper ---> Thorium? I know Cata added stuff to azeroth, but it was in the vein of deathwing caused this to happen when he broke da world.

- - - Updated - - -

Such is the case with hiring new people. Always adding on, without vast knowledge of what came before. I'm looking at you: MISSED OPPORTUNITY that was WoD
    I mean if we need new types of ore, there's always Azerite to explain stuff. Azerite-Empowered Copper through Thorium. Hell, Azerite empowered Saronite, or Azerite empowered blood of Deathwing that fell off on his flight to the Maelstrom.

Maybe shards of Sargeras' sword splintered off when it impacted Azeroth, not only throwing shards of the Sword everywhere to be mined, but also deep ores from the depths of Azeroth and the deep elementals from within Azeroth have been thrust upwards from the collision -- all infused with Azerite and brimming with power to forge. In short: need a power McGuffin? Azerite. It's mana, it's literally magic, and it's everywhere now.

All the cultures around Azeroth probably have access to Azerite at this point, and it's a powerful resource. The 4th War is a testament to the dangers of Azerite. It could radically advance civilizations, and advance previously weak threats into being supremely powerful threats. Enemies like Murlocs or Gnolls even can now rise up with the power of Azerite and become credible threats once again.

Besides lingering corruption, it got outclassed by things like Azerite.
    Aren't we supposed to have stopped harvesting the stuff.. it hurts the planet... someone quick, call the Green peace.!

Hello? Malfurion? Thrall? Planet in danger.. mean goblins are STILL mining azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Aren't we supposed to have stopped harvesting the stuff.. it hurts the planet... someone quick, call the Green peace.!

Hello? Malfurion? Thrall? Planet in danger.. mean goblins are STILL mining azerite.
    We collected a lot of Azerite to close the wound, supposedly, from the Sword, and more still to stop N'Zoth. Now that that's done, any left on the surface or any that was smuggled is fair game. At this point, it's an arm's race - with Azerite. Azerite isn't exactly hard to use - anyone can wield it just by being near or covered with the stuff.

I think the whole thing with azerite was Magni knew that the factions would want the stuff for themselves, but by giving the heroes the Heart he could ensure Azeroth got as least a portion of it back. We had to hand over what we got on the islands to our factions since that was a directly ordered and funded operation. But what we got elsewhere we would put back into the heart.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think the whole thing with azerite was Magni knew that the factions would want the stuff for themselves, but by giving the heroes the Heart he could ensure Azeroth got as least a portion of it back. We had to hand over what we got on the islands to our factions since that was a directly ordered and funded operation. But what we got elsewhere we would put back into the heart.
    We went behind the back of our factions, and for a good cause.. somehow I really like the sound of that.. they should have much more of htat.

Dang, they should make the factions the bad guys sorta.. not all out bad like the legion or the iron horde, kinda like more bad than good, and we have to consistently try and stop the corrupting influences and baddies.. undermine operations like we did with Azerite b y giving the planet most of it back instead of our factions.. our factions don't have to look like the bad guys outright, they can't help do what they do, but their zealous aggression is stopping them from seeing the bigger picture and what is the right thing to do. I 'd like that to be fair. And it would be different.

What I don't want them to do is whitewash the horde. I'm sick of that. The alliance is so boring because of that, and the horde because of it's races can never be that, too much mixture, too many competing and contrasting influences.

We went behind the back of our factions, and for a good cause.. somehow I really like the sound of that.. they should have much more of htat.

Dang, they should make the factions the bad guys sorta.. not all out bad like the legion or the iron horde, kinda like more bad than good, and we have to consistently try and stop the corrupting influences and baddies.. undermine operations like we did with Azerite b y giving the planet most of it back instead of our factions.. our factions don't have to look like the bad guys outright, they can't help do what they do, but their zealous aggression is stopping them from seeing the bigger picture and what is the right thing to do. I 'd like that to be fair. And it would be different.

What I don't want them to do is whitewash the horde. I'm sick of that. The alliance is so boring because of that, and the horde because of it's races can never be that, too much mixture, too many competing and contrasting influences.
    Yeah. Imagine if we Hordies got the HoA and then told Sylvanas we wouldn't let her have any Azerite. That we'd be giving all that we got back to the world. She'd probably have us locked up or killed. Alliance guys wouldn't have had it quite so bad but the brass would've been doubting them and probably not letting them in on sensitive info and such. Some Azerite back to the planet was better than none.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not use end-game of any material forever? heck lorewise Mithril itself is one of best minerals in Azeroth, it alone is enough for most fights, Saronite is just mega upgrade of it
    answer is i bet pure gameplay purpose, Uther himself the paladin had most his gear Mithril not Thorium (the end game mine of classic) combined with leather for mobility, because irl u don't use the sturdiest metal because it also usually heaviest and hardest to maneuver in it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Because the developers suffer expansion-bound dementia.

That's why.
    and that's all.

maybe one day people will stop having brain knots, trying to find lore reasons for something decided for gameplay reasons. Saronite was the shit for an expansion and it became useless with the next xpac, just like every minerals and plants. that's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why not use end-game of any material forever?
    Yeh, lorewise it's odd we keep finding even better metals.. they should do what they did with herbalism, and it's just different types, that you have to use for the area, or that help protect you against the special environment or bestiary found in the region..so that when you leave it, there is no real need, and you don't have a ridiculous power creep.

it feels odd that mithril is supposedly really good but every 2 years, we get 1-3 metals that are just so much better. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If you completely ignore the fact the metal has been proven to drive people mad then sure, just blame Blizzard. It's much easier than doing research.

A quick look into this showed me a Cinematic Director Supervisor pointed out the fact Bolvar threw the Saronite spikes at Sylvanus because of it's properties against the Undead. But no, they just forgot.
    Chill, it was a tongue-in-cheek remark which should've been evident from the use of a smiley. Am not "blaming" anyone as you so dramatically put it.

Edit: I don't discuss stuff I've posted openly in private messages. You're not a gatekeeper of who gets to post what, and I'll reiterate: Chill.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-05-29 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not use saronite? Gee, I wonder why wearing residual Old God spunk on your body for armor would be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why not use end-game of any material forever? heck lorewise Mithril itself is one of best minerals in Azeroth, it alone is enough for most fights, Saronite is just mega upgrade of it
    answer is i bet pure gameplay purpose, Uther himself the paladin had most his gear Mithril not Thorium (the end game mine of classic) combined with leather for mobility, because irl u don't use the sturdiest metal because it also usually heaviest and hardest to maneuver in it
    It's funny to think of it now, but canonically we can say now that some metals from the crust of Azeroth (like Mithril) are weaker than things like Mourneblades. Runeblades get stronger the more souls they absorb, and Arthas had been on a very long kill streak and supposedly the blade would have been forged in a similar manner to how Shalamane was forged into its Mourneblade equivalent. Yet, as we can see, the Mourneblade that Anduin got was immediately strong enough to threaten Bastion's Eternal One, the Archon. In terms of the power of the metal, perhaps Anduin's just had a lot more souls from the get-go to make it strong enough to do such a feat (maybe this is what the souls from the Tree were for). If we could compare how many Souls Arthas took in his campaign total in WC3, compared to how many souls were lost at the burning of Teldrassil, we could get a pretty good reliable way to calculate the power scaling of Runeblades by souls per, (Illidan's fight where they're equal may be a good starting point, we may even be able to calculate the strength of the Warglaives of Azzinoth this way) and on a scale tell how many souls would be needed to penetrate various metals like Mithril and even an Eternal One.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Now that Yogg-saron is mostly gone then why not use saronite? It absorbs spells pretty good after all.
    Being dead doesn't mean much where the Old Gods are concerned. C'thun was sentient and sapient after his death, able to hold entire conversations and impose his will on Cho'Gall and others. Also, why are people so enamored with covering themselves in molded and forged Old God poop?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    This is from the book Edge of Night:
    Interesting, thank you. Perhaps the undead have resistence to the corruption/whispers but not the power of it directly as a weapon.

Why wasn't there a portion in Dalaran built to study every atom of yogg'saron's corpse?

Is there anything from any expansion that really sticks around? Blizzard makes lore for its world, then forgets about it the minute we move to another continent, timeline, planet, or plane of existence. WoW is a "here and now" game. Everything in the past is effectively dead lore. At least saronite has the excuse of driving people insane, one of the few with an actual story reason for not being used...though I find this to be a weak excuse given all the miners and blacksmiths harvesting it and turning it into armor. Somehow all of its negative effects were absent on us...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its widely used by the Ebon Blade as the mind altering effects dont work on the undead. The Skeletal smith in the Legion Ebon Hold likes using Saronite and complains when some Knights ask for other metals.

3+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves can't use saronite? the entire point of their character is to reject voids and old gods while harnessing their power
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny to think of it now, but canonically we can say now that some metals from the crust of Azeroth (like Mithril) are weaker than things like Mourneblades. Runeblades get stronger the more souls they absorb, and Arthas had been on a very long kill streak and supposedly the blade would have been forged in a similar manner to how Shalamane was forged into its Mourneblade equivalent. Yet, as we can see, the Mourneblade that Anduin got was immediately strong enough to threaten Bastion's Eternal One, the Archon. In terms of the power of the metal, perhaps Anduin's just had a lot more souls from the get-go to make it strong enough to do such a feat (maybe this is what the souls from the Tree were for). If we could compare how many Souls Arthas took in his campaign total in WC3, compared to how many souls were lost at the burning of Teldrassil, we could get a pretty good reliable way to calculate the power scaling of Runeblades by souls per, (Illidan's fight where they're equal may be a good starting point, we may even be able to calculate the strength of the Warglaives of Azzinoth this way) and on a scale tell how many souls would be needed to penetrate various metals like Mithril and even an Eternal One.
    the burning of Teldrassil is nowhere as bad as Arthas massacres in wc3, nelf society in general didn't love that tree in first place
    I like how u remember lore well, sadly doubt blizz even thought about it, not to mention they can bullshit anytime they want
    If Anduin blade is empowered by souls absorbed since goth bitch deal with grey baldie it still won't be enough to compete with Frostmourne, but it will be strong to be real threat, Frostmourne wiped 90% of high elf society, Lordearon, Dalaran, nerubians, nagas, and at least tens of thousands in Northrend campaign (in Shattering-prelude to cataclysm the lore was clear that alliance lost tens of thousands, i think it was 30 or 40k total lost, also alliance lost a lot more than horde, but that's because alliance already outnumber horde massively, heck Stormwind alone outnumber all horde capitals combined)
    If just killing give runeblade the soul, Frostmourne is insanely powerful (the weapon they fucked in legion, i felt blizz spit on us making it 2 mini blades), powerful to degree it can rival titans, if the weapon itself must do the killing, then anduin sword should be weaker than a wet noodle since no one had it in any killing
    So since u seem u remember that part of lore better than me, must the weapon do the killing itself, or just exist in hand of leader whose faction claims the killing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Yes, because using old god stuff after said old god is dead clearly makes it safe to use, as it has been proven with MoP.
    lol nice one
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I don't understand, aren't undead resistant to saronite? Which is why the LK used undead to mine it? And the original speculation that the Forsaken or Sylvanas could play a role in fighting the void if they are already resistant to something linked to an old god? This seems like more proof of forgetting the plot unless there's some major lore I missed.
    the undead isn't, there is a quest I remember clearly about how saronite effected them in Icecrown, they just resist it way better than living, but they still fall in the end (i think it was just basic ghouls?)
    U know just trying to remember wrath i remember Howling Fjord masterpiece of music and makes me smile
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power